PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will this team win the superbowl? (hint: no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping another one of these threads will lead to me being proven wrong again. :D:p
I have no issue with you stating your opinion. But I also hope this is being bumped to the first page months from now.

Just a couple of thoughts--@patfanken style:

1) As a fellow poster who enjoys everyone on this forum, I have some concerns that you have made it difficult to continue to post here just due to your history. For whatever reason, I honestly have a hunch that you're a good dude, but you'll never get the benefit of the doubt here again. It sucks that you didn't choose to bring up some concerns in a bit of a different manner vs. the route that you've chosen the past couple of threads. That's all I'm saying. The truth of the matter is that MOST of us were concerned about the defense early in the season, and MANY are concerned about some postseason obstacles, but for whatever reason, you seem to corner the market on starting pessimistic threads.

2) While I agree that this probably isn't going to be our year based off of what I've seen in the majority of the past 8 games mostly due to injuries, I still have plenty of hope that they'll come out with one of those "statement" kind of games in the divisional round. Should that occur, this team would still be in a fine position to go to the SB--if not win the whole thing. In that aspect, we don't really share the same exact opinion, and even if we did, I wouldn't want to go on a fan site and out myself with a negative thread that brings my online friends down. Not calling you out, just stating that we need to remember that it's a fan site and respect that.

3) No one should be calling you a moron, but some of your past behavior has made it easier to justify. As @Tunescribe pointed out, it's pretty much the definition of being a troll with the pot-stirring comments. Just something to think about.

4) Magic would indeed be nice right about now, so head on over to YouTube and watch this:

Hey, thanks for this post. It's insightful, on topic, and respectful of differing opinions and that's all I've wanted. Maybe my manner of bringing these topics up isn't sensitive but I like to just be straight forward about the unfortunate and brutal possibilities.

Last year, I was confident in these teams chances. Even last year though, I thought we'd lose if Denver got #1 seed, which could still have been possible as they would not have played Indy in the divisional round and then we would've had to travel to Denver for the AFCCG, where anything could've happened. I think?

I am hoping this team can pull it off but there are too many questions this year. The injuries, the poor play, the tough defensive competition, the poor o line. I have trouble seeing us getting past the Bengals and if they were healthy at QB, I'd be even more worried. After that, I see a trip to DEN for the AFCCG and our games against DEN since the manning era there have always gone to the home team.

So with all these questions and tough competition, it'll be tough to win three straight against top competition... We lost to the Eagles, jets, and fins recently. Can we really beat the bengals, then Denver at mile high, then Carolina/Arizona? Just seems unlikely.

If we were healthy all season and still had Lewis, this team could've easily went 16-0. Sucks how things have fallen apart. I wouldn't be surprised with a shocker loss in the divisional round or an expected loss at mile high.

Of course there's the chance that Edelman, mccourty, amendola, high, Collins, and vollmer all return to form but I think that's the only shot we have. That's asking for a lot of recoveries imo

I have no issue with you stating your opinion. But I also hope this is being bumped to the first page months from now.

I hope so too.

And I hope whoever is wrong is man enough to come admit it.

Wow, really? That's lame, Interception, old kid. Kinda pathetic, really.

If you're gonna twitch out when folks respond to your Troll Threads exactly the way anyone with any sense would expect them to...then maybe you ought to reconsider this whole Trolling thing, eh? :rolleyes:

I am not trolling. These are my real opinions.
I am not giving "revenge dislikes" to anyone, whatever those are. I simply dislike posts that I think are silly or dislikable. It's more pathetic how offended people get about their silly like rating.

I think you mean this seriously, Bro, so I'll answer it in that Spirit...

I can only speak for myself, but the very Title of this Thread reeks of Pessimistic Arrogance.

...with perhaps a touch of Arrogant Pessimism. ;)

01 ~ It's one thing to express Doubts about our Chances. Seems to me that the Majority have them.
02 ~ Hell, I'm optimistic, and I like our Chances as much as anyone...And so does Vegas.
03 ~ Yet Vegas lists us as CoFavorites, along with the SeaHawks and Panthers.
04 ~ But they give us 4.5 ~ 1 Odds against winning it all!!
05 ~ And I for one agree: I give us a Shot ~ no more.

All of which is to say:

06 ~ You're not breaking New Ground, here: All you're doing is agreeing with the Majority.
07 ~ Yet most of the Majority at least give us a Fighting Chance.
08 ~ Your Title is dismissive ~ even contemptuous ~ of the Team's Chances.
09 ~ I would think that that alone would offend most around here.
10 ~ And, yeah: The "Hint" bit does come across as a mite arrogant, my friend. ;)

Hey, I like to troll every now and then, myself :D so I'm not judging anyone, and if Trolling is your thing, hey, that's your thing...But you asked a question and it struck me as serious, so there you are, Sir.

I guess I just give the patriots less of a chance than most other people here do. If I had to make a list, the patriots would probably be #4 or #5 most likely to win imo, while most posters here have them making the Super Bowl in the other threads.

Look-at-Me1.jpg

I guess I just give the patriots less of a chance than most other people here do. If I had to make a list, the patriots would probably be #4 or #5 most likely to win imo, while most posters here have them making the Super Bowl in the other threads.

Yeah, we get it, you don't think that the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl. And if you'd read other people's messages you'd see that many agree.

But instead of just discussing it in the dozens of other playoff threads, you created a new thread that that basically screams "Hey look at me, I'm saying that the Patriots aren't going to win the Super Bowl! What do you think about that?"

You're being a troll

I'm hoping another one of these threads will lead to me being proven wrong again. :D:p

But in all honesty, the Steelers cannot stop the Bengals. They will be one dimensional without Bell and Williams, against a good secondary.
The patriots will play the Bengals and there are too many questions on our offense for us to thrive against that defense. Even if our line held up and Edelman played up to Edelman-levels, the game right after would be heading into Denver, somewhere the Patriots have shown they cannot win. Denver is not going to lose to KC or Houston. And if we got through that? Arizona or Carolina. o_O

Patriots vs Bengals.
Denver vs KC/Houston.

Denver is going to the superbowl and they'll beat either the Bengals or the Patriots to get there... I think Carolina has the best chance of stopping them in the Super Bowl.

If we had the #1 seed, it would be a different story... This was always about who got the #1 seed, NE or DEN. Same story as almost every year since Manning went to Denver.

To the babies on this board:
no, i am not a troll because we disagree.
keep your personal insults to yourself.
yes, i do support the patriots and hope i am wrong.
no, i wouldn't rather be right than see the patriots win the super bowl.

if you tell me i'm wrong and stupid, i expect you to come admit your stupidity when this plays out how i expected.
Why even bother getting out of bed in the morning. We're more hopeless than the Factory of Sadness in Cleveland.

I'm just going to remain in a fetal position paralyzed with crippling depression until the playoffs are over.

Thanks for pissing on everyone's parade INT. You really know how to raise the boards spirits. What a solid contribution you made. :rolleyes:

The Pats may not go to the SB but how do you figure in a QB centric league a team starting a QB with 17 Int's in 9 games and who historically loses his 1st game in the playoffs is going to lead a team to the SB?

The Pats may not go to the SB but how do you figure in a QB centric league a team starting a QB with 17 Int's in 9 games and who historically loses his 1st game in the playoffs is going to lead a team to the SB?

Any given Sunday?

Pessimism is not an overreaction (although there has been some extreme overreaction from a certain faction of posters this past week), given how the team has played down the stretch. I remain cautiously optimistic regarding the trajectory of this team for the postseason, which is contingent on getting back some key players healthy.

The Patriots are lucky that each of the other teams in the AFC are flawed, as they would have a much more difficult task against some of those NFC playoff teams.

The Broncos having the number one seed is a challenge not because of their lousy quarterbacking, but that home-field advantage/defense/home-cooking refs.

I find it troubling that they have managed to get the number one seed in the AFC despite the best efforts of their quarterbacks to throw and fumble the games away.

If they are fortunate enough to host the AFC Championship game, and the Patriots have to travel their on their path toward the Super Bowl, then it will be a very tough feat to win in Mile High, albeit not impossible.

Last edited:
He's an undercover Broncos fan

Pessimism is not an overreaction (although there has been some extreme overreaction from a certain faction of posters this past week), given how the team has played down the stretch. I remain cautiously optimistic regarding the trajectory of this team for the postseason, which is contingent on getting back some key players healthy.

The Patriots are lucky that each of the other teams in the AFC are flawed, as they would have a much more difficult task against some of those NFC playoff teams.

The Broncos having the number one seed is a challenge not because of their lousy quarterbacking, but that home-field advantage/defense/home-cooking refs.

I find it troubling that they have managed to get the number one seed in the AFC despite the best efforts of their quarterbacks to throw and fumble the games away.

If they are fortunate enough to host the AFC Championship game, and the Patriots have to travel their on their path toward the Super Bowl, then it will be a very tough feat to win in Mile High, albeit not impossible.
The more the second half of this season progressed the more and more I felt we needed HFA and don't want to play in Denver. I am quite hopeful that Denver loses.

The more the second half of this season progressed the more and more I felt we needed HFA and don't want to play in Denver. I am quite hopeful that Denver loses.

That loss in Denver earlier this season still sets my teeth on edge. I would prefer not having to go back their in order to win the Conference as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back