PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will this team win the superbowl? (hint: no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's Borges. Every time I see that troll he's dumping on the Pats. And this loser sounds much like him.

I won't disagree that my opinions are often unpopular. But if you agree, why not start a thread about it? And why can nothing good come from the discussion? Instead of a hundred people calling me a moron, those that agree and disagree could actually talk about it during this bye week.

Magic would be nice though. :)

Just a couple of thoughts--@patfanken style:

1) As a fellow poster who enjoys everyone on this forum, I have some concerns that you have made it difficult to continue to post here just due to your history. For whatever reason, I honestly have a hunch that you're a good dude, but you'll never get the benefit of the doubt here again. It sucks that you didn't choose to bring up some concerns in a bit of a different manner vs. the route that you've chosen the past couple of threads. That's all I'm saying. The truth of the matter is that MOST of us were concerned about the defense early in the season, and MANY are concerned about some postseason obstacles, but for whatever reason, you seem to corner the market on starting pessimistic threads.

2) While I agree that this probably isn't going to be our year based off of what I've seen in the majority of the past 8 games mostly due to injuries, I still have plenty of hope that they'll come out with one of those "statement" kind of games in the divisional round. Should that occur, this team would still be in a fine position to go to the SB--if not win the whole thing. In that aspect, we don't really share the same exact opinion, and even if we did, I wouldn't want to go on a fan site and out myself with a negative thread that brings my online friends down. Not calling you out, just stating that we need to remember that it's a fan site and respect that.

3) No one should be calling you a moron, but some of your past behavior has made it easier to justify. As @Tunescribe pointed out, it's pretty much the definition of being a troll with the pot-stirring comments. Just something to think about.

4) Magic would indeed be nice right about now, so head on over to YouTube and watch this:

Last edited:
Laughed when I saw the title of the thread. I don't agree with everything the OP said but I'm not gonna rage or throw insults over a disagreement. Or because he doesn't think the pats will win the sb. I don't blame anyone not picking the pats right now. Not many non patriots fans/homers paying attention to the last two months would. I do think pitt has a shot to take down the bengals with dalton out. If dalton was healthy I probably would pick the bengals to win this tho.

I also think the pats have as good of a chance as anyone to make the SB. The AFC stinks, if we don't turn the ball over or make idiotic coaching decisions we should be able to hang with anyone. All tho I will admit if we have to go to denver, I won't feel good about it.

PS: Love this thread if for no other reason to confirm what I said not long ago about over the top homers.

Who would admit that??? How did that go?

" Hey Jackson.....I'm the dumbest Pr*ck on the planet....just to let you know."
You were eavesdropping...

Let's look at facts
2015 Peyton
*9 TD/ 17 int
* Only 2 games with QB rating over 80
*Only two 300 yd passing games ( one was in a dome)
*In his last 7 games, he hasn't thrown more TD than interceptions in any of those games
* His ypg is 225 this year versus 295 last year
Anything is possible but this is not the Peyton of old and Denver's defense has carried him....

All the teams in the AFC have flaws. Potentially, end-the-season-in-devastating-fashion flaws. Including the Patriots. But as much as the OL, DBs, and RBs get grief on this board - the Patriots' main flaw is health. If BB is just using his job security and confidence in being ultra cautious with key players to make a push for the playoffs, NE is the strongest team in the conference. If the troubling protection and (this is all we got) playcalling is a trend, then NE is not gonna make it very far.

We need to be patient and find out in a week+ which one it is before making a 2015 season obit. IF this teams just can't overcome the injuries, it'll go down as one of the biggest "what ifs" I can remember cause in late Fall this team was smokin hot. I mean Halle Berry in her prime hot.

I think Halle Berry is smoking hot out of her prime.

I won't disagree that my opinions are often unpopular. But if you agree, why not start a thread about it? And why can nothing good come from the discussion? Instead of a hundred people calling me a moron, those that agree and disagree could actually talk about it during this bye week.

I think you mean this seriously, Bro, so I'll answer it in that Spirit...

I can only speak for myself, but the very Title of this Thread reeks of Pessimistic Arrogance.

...with perhaps a touch of Arrogant Pessimism. ;)

01 ~ It's one thing to express Doubts about our Chances. Seems to me that the Majority have them.
02 ~ Hell, I'm optimistic, and I like our Chances as much as anyone...And so does Vegas.
03 ~ Yet Vegas lists us as CoFavorites, along with the SeaHawks and Panthers.
04 ~ But they give us 4.5 ~ 1 Odds against winning it all!!
05 ~ And I for one agree: I give us a Shot ~ no more.

All of which is to say:

06 ~ You're not breaking New Ground, here: All you're doing is agreeing with the Majority.
07 ~ Yet most of the Majority at least give us a Fighting Chance.
08 ~ Your Title is dismissive ~ even contemptuous ~ of the Team's Chances.
09 ~ I would think that that alone would offend most around here.
10 ~ And, yeah: The "Hint" bit does come across as a mite arrogant, my friend. ;)

Hey, I like to troll every now and then, myself :D so I'm not judging anyone, and if Trolling is your thing, hey, that's your thing...But you asked a question and it struck me as serious, so there you are, Sir.

Last edited:
The OP obviously pissed off a lot of people here not only because of his history, but because a lot of us kind of agree that this team is playing lousy football heading into the playoffs and things just don't look that great. We'd just rather not hear it from certain people I suppose. The defense can't seem to consistently play well, the skill position players on offense are in bad shape physically (or on IR), and most of all, the offensive line is just disgraceful. On a positive note, it feels a bit like 2004 where the Pats were home dogs in the divisional round and then made a huge statement vs Indy and rolled through Pitt on the way to a Lombardi. Perhaps the OL will step up this year like the patchwork secondary did then.

My gut feeling is that Denver will sneak out of the AFC field and ruin another Super Bowl Sunday in blowout fashion like they have so many other times in their history.

I guess there's nothing wrong with setting expectations low.

Gotta luv someone claiming prescience in pats not winning the SB when there are 4 teams in the AFC to the SB hunt, followed by 2 in the SB. I'd be shocked if most here didn't already know that our injury depleted 2015 squad faces an against the odds battle regardless of HFA and the looming presence of the NYJFL which nobody can deny sees a Pats SB win as anathema to put it mildly.

I am hoping we get to the big game. They took our first round draft pick. We won't get that back if they lose. I always look foward to that first round selection.

The Pats should have the closest thing to the team they went 10-0 with in two weeks for the first time in two months. Brady and Belichick have done more with less. Maybe they won't win the Lombardi this year, maybe they will. Time will tell. But the OP is clearly trolling and was probably trolling last time around too. Then he goes and litters the first couple of pages of the thread with "revenge dislikes". While I couldn't really give a **** about the latter, I thought both were punishable offenses around here.

In all honesty and trying to be as non-bias as possible I go back and forth on the Patriots chances in terms of overall odds.

Clearly they have a shot to win the SB unlike some teams in this years playoffs who i feel are just fodder for the real contenders but how strongly do i feel about their chances? I don't know.

I think the divisional round (provided they win it of course :p) Will go a long way to see how i feel about them going forward into the final 4. We will get to see how certain players look after the break and coming back from injuries.

I really miss some of the older posters here who added insightful comments about matchups rather than "we always lose in Denver." Why did we usually beat Pittsburg? It's not because they were bad or stupid or anything else. It's because their DC was **** LeBeau who introduced the zone blitz to the NFL when he was with the Bengals--he helped them reach the Super Bowl. He goes over to the Steelers, but Brady becomes adept at spotting the blitzing linebacker and kills their zone underneath. That's why the Patriots always beat them, home or away.
How about we discuss our strengths, and we do have them, against another teams? And our weakness against another teams. Brady won't complete a single pass against Manning and vice versa.
So what teams do we match up well against? Poorly against?

The Pats should have the closest thing to the team they went 10-0 with in two weeks for the first time in two months. Brady and Belichick have done more with less. Maybe they won't win the Lombardi this year, maybe they will. Time will tell. But the OP is clearly trolling and was probably trolling last time around too. Then he goes and litters the first couple of pages of the thread with "revenge dislikes". While I couldn't really give a **** about the latter, I thought both were punishable offenses around here.

Wow, really? That's lame, Interception, old kid. Kinda pathetic, really.

If you're gonna twitch out when folks respond to your Troll Threads exactly the way anyone with any sense would expect them to...then maybe you ought to reconsider this whole Trolling thing, eh? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I remember when joke accounts were at least funny. You, on the other hand, are just the worst attention whore.

Why hasn't this been moved to the practice squad yet?

I'm a Patriots fan. I'm not a general football fan, or a fantasy fan, or a guy who likes whatever team is good that year.

Patsfans is the name of the site.

I'm not clairvoyant, I don't care who wins if we don't and I don't quit on the team if we are in the playoffs no matter what.

All I care about is what we need to do to win with the personnel we have or will get back. I think we've got a good chance, but we always have a chance if we're in the playoffs, because football's take funny bounces.

I don't really care for bandwagon front runners who remember a reality which never existed, where only teams who play perfect ball and have no weaknesses or injuries and whose QBs never get their shirts dirty can possibly win.

Just my opinion, but if you can't even be a fan for three games in the post season, maybe a site called Patsfans isn't for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back