• What a question... No, I'm sorry...

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

F0nSY

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Preseason time, predictions time. What do you think?

Last edited:
No, unfortunately. Think we fall in the AFCC.

The Patriots will have the #1 seed in the AFC and be the best team in the NFL.

The post-season will then come down to being hot and luck, as it does every year.

So yes, I think they will, but will never be shocked if some wild-card team with a less impressive body of work gets hot and wins it.

This is almost as bad as that thread with the comics.

going to go with no for now...they will be #1 seed in AFC but i just don't think they will win it. So hard to get there 2 years in a row...hope i am wrong

going to go with no for now...they will be #1 seed in AFC but i just don't think they will win it. So hard to get there 2 years in a row...hope i am wrong

Don't worry, you are:D

Getting there twice i a row is damn hard, I don't think we make it this year.

I said yes, but we need to be better at the CB/S spot. I think the draft improved the DL and LB corp...the the CB position scares me still. Dennard will help, but not this year

i can't see why they wouldn't be installed as the #1 or #2 favorite to

No, there won't be a Super Bowl this year.

Not another one, anyway.

Best bet out there. That said, probability is against any specific team winning it.

It's really tough to get to the super bowl once, let alone twice in a row. But there's no team in the AFC I see that can knock us off the throne. The Ravens lost Suggs, and he was/is the best defensive player on the Ravens. Reed is getting older, Lewis is getting older. I don't think the Broncos have enough weapons around Peyton to take us out, and I feel the Steelers won't even make the playoffs this year without Mendenhall and Wallace currently holding out. The Texans are very good, but their defense lost some pieces including Mario Williams to the Bills, and the way to beat Brady is to hit him, and hit him hard. That was Mario's specialty. I think we have a great chance to get back to the Super Bowl, it just depends on who comes out of the NFC.

I have no idea...BUT...I do know the Jets will win the Super Bawl....44 years straight and crying...

It's really tough to get to the super bowl once, let alone twice in a row. But there's no team in the AFC I see that can knock us off the throne. The Ravens lost Suggs, and he was/is the best defensive player on the Ravens. Reed is getting older, Lewis is getting older. I don't think the Broncos have enough weapons around Peyton to take us out, and I feel the Steelers won't even make the playoffs this year without Mendenhall and Wallace currently holding out. The Texans are very good, but their defense lost some pieces including Mario Williams to the Bills, and the way to beat Brady is to hit him, and hit him hard. That was Mario's specialty. I think we have a great chance to get back to the Super Bowl, it just depends on who comes out of the NFC.

While I certainly don't downplay what Mario Williams could have done for Houston this season, I don't consider him a key loss in terms of continuing to have a great defense. He only played the first five games last season and the defense really didn't miss a beat. They still have plenty of guys that can put pressure on Brady.

Looks like OL could be troublesome this year and the secondary until proven different still scares nobody.

Too tough to do it.....the team loses in the divisional round.

Of course hope I am wrong.

No.. This unit will certainly be exciting to watch, but I don't think they are balanced enough. Lack of a power running game, a questionable offensive line, below average special teams(why we never get a darn kick returner?), subpar pass rush, and a putrid secondary are all reasons I think this team is not Super Bowl material this year. Brady as usual will have to duplicate his 2010 and 2011 seasons to put this team in the discussion for the SB--- too much pressure on his shoulders once again.

Hopefully they catch some breaks like they did last year and get Tebow in the first round and then a mediocre Flacco in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
I think barring injury, the Pats have a very good shot to make it again. I think they will end up playing the Texans in the AFCC game.

They'll have a chance unless they meet the Giants in the Super Bowl.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm going to have to say that we don't even make the Super Bowl this year. I seriously hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe