PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will forever be known as, "The Interception"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible Butler was in the conversation to be inactive for the game?

What a battle!!! So awesome
Definitely a Top 10. How many of the Top 10 games involve the Pats? I count at least 4: 36, 38, 42 (sorry) and 49.

Isn't sport unreal? 18 million of veteran starting CB brought in this year and the 500K rookie CB makes the Super Bowl winning pick.

You've gotta love sport.

Not to sell Butler short in any way—after all, he had to, you know, make the friggin' play—but it's as much having to pay attention to Revis and Browner that opened Butler up to make the play.

It's the same thing with Minitron and GRONK. Minitron is a great player in his own right, but having GRONK there to clear out the defense makes things even easier.

does anyone think that if Belichick called a timeout, they would have ran it?

No point allowed in the 4th quarter, well done defense.

I was saying all game someone needed to jump a route. Damn if did they not do it at the perfect moment
Absolutely beautiful jam by Browner to disrupt the pick and Butler with the amazing jump to snag the ball. Just a perfect defensive play.

I know everyone and their dog would have had Lynch run it there (and Carroll had to know that BB would have probably let them score which makes it even more of a head scratcher), but Petey doesn't always do what you expect him to do. It's just who he is.

Not like Superbowls don't ever come down to plays like this. They do ALL THE TIME (Especially against us).

Butler is one clutch mofo.

That could not have been a more perfect play! Butler saved out BACON! And he's a rookie? HERO in my book!! That play will live on in football LEGEND! The Giants 'curse' has been lifted!!

Long Live the Patriots!! Brady and BB have SEALED their place in HISTORY!!

It should be called the Giants 'kearse' from now on. My that was almost historically awful.

I love arrington but very fitting that the play of the game was made after the last part of that 2011 secondary was swapped out.

Carroll on NFL network gave a good explanation: they burned a timeout after the kearse miracle catch so they only had one TO left that they planned to use after a 3d down lynch run (if didn't work) to kick the fg. So the only way they get 3 plays and two chances for a TD is if they pass on 2d.

He said that butler just made a great play and gave him props saying he saw how good he played the whole game..

Carroll on NFL network gave a good explanation: they burned a timeout after the kearse miracle catch so they only had one TO left that they planned to use after a 3d down lynch run (if didn't work) to kick the fg. So the only way they get 3 plays and two chances for a TD is if they pass on 2d.

He said that butler just made a great play and gave him props saying he saw how good he played the whole game..

A FG loses the game by a point. Carroll must be getting dumber as the night wears on.

it was a solid pick but the pass was dumb.

I think this will be forever known as "The dumbest call and pass in the history of the NFL."

The options were simple: call a timeout or throw the goddam ball into the first row of the stands.

Instead, Wilson tries to force it into coverage at the ****ing one yard line.

Not taking anything away from Butler, but the pass should never have been thrown...not that I'm complaining about that. :)

What's amazing to me is that the media are all over Carroll for the call when they should be asking why Wilson ever threw the ball in the first place.

it was a solid pick but the pass was dumb.

I think this will be forever known as "The dumbest call and pass in the history of the NFL."

The options were simple: call a timeout or throw the goddam ball into the first row of the stands.

Instead, Wilson tries to force it into coverage at the ****ing one yard line.

Not taking anything away from Butler, but the pass should never have been thrown...not that I'm complaining about that. :)

What's amazing to me is that the media are all over Carroll for the call when they should be asking why Wilson ever threw the ball in the first place.

Their loss is our gain.

Their loss is our gain.
True, and agreed.
But, at some point, the media might want to start to ask why Saint Russell made that pass when he had time on the clock and a time out and could have thrown the ball half way to the Grand ****ing Canyon.

Not sure if anyone else saw this, but apparently the scout play ran that EXACT play this week, and burned Butler for it.

Talk about preparation

I love arrington but very fitting that the play of the game was made after the last part of that 2011 secondary was swapped out.
arrington either has a very good game, or he sucks. I expect Butler to push him for a roster spot next year.

arrington either has a very good game, or he sucks. I expect Butler to push him for a roster spot next year.

I agree for the most part, I think he excels in the slot but really gets outmatched going down the sideline, especially against a big physical receiver they probably didn't gameplan against much at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe