PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will BJGE become the Patriots first 1,000 yard rusher in 6 years?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will he get to the 1,000 yard mark?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
congratulations. This is a guy about whom I was completely 100% wrong. I thought he would forever be Sedrick Shaw ( 2 yards and a cloud of dust). Instead, he could very well become the second best every down back of the Belichick era.

Last edited:
Congrats to Benny! I thought it would be a long long time before we'd see another 1000 yard rusher with our RBBC approach lately, and when Maroney couldn't do it even in a year like 2007. Never would've predicted this even after the maroney trade, like I said earlier in this thread I saw 800-900 max. Awesome to have been wrong on that

Lets get 45!

45-0 would be the biggest blowout of the year for us, 3 points more than that other game...

Last edited:
:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Congrats to Law Firm. You worked hard for this moment and you deserved it! What a success story. Now that we have Benny and the real 39 in our backfield, I feel a lot better about our ability to run the ball effectively. The Pats absolutely pounded the rock against what was supposed to be a tough Miami defense.

Glad to see him get over 1,000. When was the last time an UDFA rushed for over 1,000 in a season?

I don't know but Arian Foster leads the NFL in Rushing yards and he was UDFA as well.

The Patriots still use an early pick for a RB. Unfortunately given their track record.

The Patriots still use an early pick for a RB. Unfortunately given their track record.

What other early RBs besides Maroney would make this our track record? Hell, I'm not even sure Maroney should be considered 'recent' anymore. 5 years going into next season and he's not even on the team anymore.

Last edited:
Congratulations to BJGE and the many Patriots fans who predicted his success during the preseason .

This was the only reason I kept the TV on after the 1st half. Way to go Benny.

BJGE made a believer out of me weeks ago.. And I am happy he got the 1000 yards.. And though he refused to comment on it during the week, you could see that BB and the O-LINE (Starters and reserves both) were intent on getting BJGE to that mark..

Congrats BJGE. I was down on you towards the beginning of the year, but he has really emerged as a pretty good RB. I wouldn't mind upgrading the position during the offseason, but he is more than serviceable.

BJGE made a believer out of me weeks ago.. And I am happy he got the 1000 yards.. And though he refused to comment on it during the week, you could see that BB and the O-LINE (Starters and reserves both) were intent on getting BJGE to that mark..

It was weird seeing him get it on 4th and long, and he picks up 10 but we turn the ball over, but everyone is cheering :rofl:

But kudos to Lawfirm, great year. Very humble kid, but you're right, everyone wanted him to get it, and I'm glad he did it.

Congratulations BJGE!

This is a great accomplishment for him and for this team. Having a 1,000 yard rusher along with Woodhead and the older guys is a key asset heading into the playoffs at home in what could be tough weather for the passing game.

It also shows what a total bust Maroney was - either a terrible draft pick, or a guy who had the goods but just didn't have the toughness or commitment to work hard like the two undrafted free agents that make up the 2011 playoff backfield.

Congrats BJGE. I was down on you towards the beginning of the year, but he has really emerged as a pretty good RB. I wouldn't mind upgrading the position during the offseason, but he is more than serviceable.

That is the most ludicrous statement I've ever seen you make. UPGRADE? Upgrade to what? How shall we upgrade? Trade for Arian Foster? Yeah that's brilliant- that's the only way you can get more than 13 TDs in a season.

BJGE/Woodhead... nahh.. not good enough, and their 21 TDs are not enough for you, never mind that's the most rushing TDs since 1981. BJGE is only one short of the record of 14 TDs by a RB in Patriots history.

Yeah let's UPGRADE!

:pigsfly:

Last edited:
BJGE's 2010 season stats:

229 carries 1,008 yards 4.4 ypc 13 TDs 0 fumbles

17th in carries, 16th in yards, solid ypc, 2nd in TDs, T-1st no fumbles.

:rocker:

That is the most ludicrous statement I've ever seen you make. UPGRADE? Upgrade to what? How shall we upgrade? Trade for Arian Foster? Yeah that's brilliant- that's the only way you can get more than 13 TDs in a season.

BJGE/Woodhead... nahh.. not good enough, and their 21 TDs are not enough for you, never mind that's the most rushing TDs since 1981. BJGE is only one short of the record of 14 TDs by a RB in Patriots history.

Yeah let's UPGRADE!

:pigsfly:

Some people will never be satisfied with what they have. Its never enough!!! Everyone was writing him off before the start of the season and he has done nothing more than produce. 12TD's, 1000 yrds (on a pass happy offense) and most importantly...0 Fumbles. I was one of the biggest BJGE supporters and took alot of flack for it. Everyone said he was just a JAG, never would replace Maroney, ect, ect.. Wish those doubters would man up and admit they were wrong because BJGE proved everyone wrong.

Last edited:

He did all this despite the fact he was only the starting RB in 11 games.

Congratulations goes out to BJGE! Hard working, steady, consistent, no glitz and no glamour. Just hard running and NO fumbles. Stay humble BJGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes