PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork Named in Miami Booster Scandal (Well-Corroborated Allegations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wilfork named in Miami Mess

Enter the commish to take away next year's first rounder and..... SCENE!

Last edited:

And, remarkably, the next paragraph:

Yea, I am not holding any of this against wilfork, I am passing along the article I just saw!!

Several years ago, I was on a visit to U. Miami's campus and I met with administrators who told me flatly that the football players do not even take classes in the Fall. They take intersession courses to keep them eligible. The idea that these are college students at UM is highly questionable. I have been at other bigtime football schools where the students were actually students, but some of these schools are an absolute joke.

Seems like a lot of talk that can't be proven that's almost ten years old. Kind of a cold trail considering he became his agent and there's no reason he couldn't call his agent. Somebody saw him hand wilfork a bag of 50k 9 years ago and is just now bringing it up? lol.

Not defending Miami or Vince, that place stinks, then again so does just about every major college program, to a lesser extent.

Last edited:

oh well, taco bell.

Does this mean he has to give his Heisman back?

sh!t happens IDC if any player gets $$$. It is life this stuff happens in college sports so get over it NCAA you will never defeat this.

I hate hearing about this crap.

So any chances wilfork gets in trouble by the nfl?

The guy had to eat!

I don't care. The NCAA is a tyrannical society based on principles long forgotten. These players should have certain allowances considering the millions of dollars they generate to the schools. A coach can make 10 million a season but the player gets a dormitory room, books and meals? Look I'm not saying give them a thousand dollars a month but I don't think 50 dollars a week would kill them. These kids live in the moment and some of them are absolute rocks stars driving around in old clunker cars and not so fancy clothes. I can see the allure of taking gifts and money if your that good of a player. Especially if your on the bubble of being a 7th rounder or not being drafted at all.

psshh...if somebody wanted to give me 50k in school I would've been happy to take it.

Does anybody hold the position that this sort of behavior doesn't happen at every college program of note? I would think something such as this is more the norm than the exception. It also doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Last edited:

I don't care. The NCAA is a tyrannical society based on principles long forgotten. These players should have certain allowances considering the millions of dollars they generate to the schools. A coach can make 10 million a season but the player gets a dormitory room, books and meals? Look I'm not saying give them a thousand dollars a month but I don't think 50 dollars a week would kill them. These kids live in the moment and some of them are absolute rocks stars driving around in old clunker cars and not so fancy clothes. I can see the allure of taking gifts and money if your that good of a player. Especially if your on the bubble of being a 7th rounder or not being drafted at all.

oh yeah, and a free education and degree worth tens of thousands, as well as pipelining them into an industry where they can make millions.
but besides that -- NOTHING!

although, if somebody wanted to give me a 50 buck/week allowance when I was inschool I would've been happy to take it.

I have long believed that, since the NFL uses the College Football programs as a minor league/development system, that the NFL ought to be paying wages and/or stipends to the players and financially supporting the colleges that have football programs.

It's time to ditch the NCAA completely and be up front about how the system works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back