PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork disputes Bruschi's claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually thats not what Im saying. I agree with the first part of your post and I think Wilforks mature enough to not say anything even if he had something bad to say. But overall Im not saying that Moss was a bad seed causing a ruckus, this may have just been an amicable split, anything that happens in the locker room, stays in the locker room.
We'll probably never know the whole story..

There's too smoke not to be fire. I personally saw and can confirm one of Burton's reports (that he walked away from the Star Spangled Banner). But the locker room would never say anything even if behavior HAD occurred. At least not face to face with the media. They might say it anonymously. In all, though, this is something that is likely to come out based on various reports a couple of months down the line.

As great of a Patriot player Bru was, he is not part of the team anymore. As well connected as he might be to the Patriots organization, I would take Wilforks word, a man and a current player that is highly respected by his fellow teammates over the word of a former player and current member of the media. Vince is the one who is in the locker room prior and after the games, he has a much better idea of what is going on in the locker room then Bru does. And Vince is man enough that if Moss was a distraction in the locker room, then Vince would be more than man enough to come out and say it.

Some of the replies in here are amazing. We all know that Belichick will happily massage the truth with the media and at worst that flat out lie. He did it last year about Brady's broken ribs. He flat out said he didn't have any and that Casserly was making it up. And we also know he gives his players lines to give to the media. I'm sure he's said to guys "listen if you get asked about Randy, say something along these lines". Now, I have no problem with this, if he thinks its in the best interests of the team, and it probably prevents a media storm taking over the camp (as much as that is possible)But it just means we have to take some of the things Bill says with a pinch of salt. He REFUSED to be drawn into why he traded Randy yesterday and there was clearly a lot of things going on behind the scenes.

Now onto Wilfork, I'm inclined to believe Tedy. Vince was one of Randy's best friends on the team so its hardly surprising that he has come out and defended him.

The bottom line is that Bill wouldn't trade his best wide receiver mid-season for a pittance unless there were serious on field issues or there were serious off field issues.

Bruschi is just another hack? LOL, unbelievable and sad.

I know attention spans can be short but this really is pushing the limit. To echo what another poster said; Moss, after a season opening win with a team full of young guys, went in front of the press and said 'I play hard but I'm not wanted here. This my last year......but I'll play hard though'. He then is in a shouting match with coaching at half time of a divisional slugfest.

FYI, Players in the locker room lie to the press. They have to. The etiquette does not allow for players to speak badly about teammates. I am sure the week 1 press conference had, ahem, just skipped Wilfork's mind.

Bottom line, Randy felt he was owed more money and contract security. He has an argument there. Because of this or partly because of this, he and/or his agent went, apparently, to Patriot management during the preseason and asked to be traded. To me that is absolutely fair. Football is a business and players have a distinct right to operate off the field in the offseason with a business mindset (to what degree is their own choice). He utterly crossed that line with his week 1 press conference -- and officially became a problem.

Well, if the one player that goes down is Brady, that's a killer if your goal is to go deep into the playoffs. The problem with the Moss departure is we are left with Welker and a bunch of rookies. That's horrible planning by the Pats management including BB.

And why are we in a building year? Will there even be football next year? So we round out the roster just as Brady's skills start to diminish?

Why don't you check the standings. You assume rebuilding means losing.

BB is showing the proper way to do a "Five Year Rebuilding Plan", in 2 and 1/2 years.:eek::eek::D

Or perhaps you hadn't noticed that the oldest Pat on Defense is terms of service or age is Wilfork, and he is still young. Patch import G Warren is older, as is returning TBC. Even at OLB that everyone complains about, there is TBC in his prime, and now two high picks Cunningham and Crable, for the other spot.

There is also a young import vet, who is trying to perfect the Mike Vrabel "reserve to starter elsewhere" move. Judging by 2 INTs, and a sack plus three "pressures" against Miami and a good RT, he seems to have produced something, that only Belichick saw in him... :D

Let's see.....who to believe....who to believe.....let's see....we have randy's bizarre meltdown over his contrary after a big opening day win, .....then there was the tape of him ignoring Brady this year after Miami game.....and there was a few times last season when tom had to babysit him....then there was the sulking on the bench.....and then there was the heated blowup moss had with coaches, and the pregame rally talk he gave leaving some players frowning and shaking their heads leaving huddle......ummm...big Vincent on the other hand is moss close friend......ill go with Bruschi on this one!

Why don't you check the standings. You assume rebuilding means losing.

BB is showing the proper way to do a "Five Year Rebuilding Plan", in 2 and 1/2 years.:eek::eek::D

:D

I know. Funny how the 1-2 team that lost to the Dolphins at home is the team to watch in 2010, yet the 3-1 team that just beat (decimated) the Dolphins on the road is merely in a "rebuilding year".

Incredible.

Welker is a slot receiver who I still don't think is 100%. He just doesn't look explosive right now. Tate is still an unknown, I hope he reaches his potential and can be the deep threat, but it's anyone's guess. Edelman hasn't played this season, Price hasn't done anything, and our Faulk is out for the season. Sure, it has tons of potential, but it also has plenty of room for failure.
You act like being a rookie who hasn't done anything means he can't do anthing (not that I agree that Edelan and Tate haven't shown anything).

Vets aren't guarantees of sucess. WHy be down on Gronk and Hernadez? As rookies they've shown better hands and better YAC than ANY TE we've had since Ben Coates.

I know nothing about Taylor, but is bringing in a vet (Joey Galloway, cough cough) a proven winner?

Every time we lose ONE name player, WMG, or Milloy, or Moss, or anyone, everyone here goes berserk like our team in one-player deep. Injuries happen. Moss could have torn an ACL and we wouldn't be acting like he was irreproacable. Faulk was more important to this team than Moss.

Build a bridge and get over it!

And stop with rookies won't help because they are rookies.

First it is we are getting too old, then we are too young.

I think the players are going to keep their true feelings and what did or didn't really happen in the locker room to themselves. From Tom Brady on down. I have little doubt that they see the media as a bunch of people trying to stir up trouble and they're not going to give them the satisfaction of playing into their questions.

Last edited:
I just look at what moss has been since he's been in the public eye, and it makes it easy for me to conclude the how and why.

Some would believe at it was possible that it wasn't him that was the problem. I don't buy it, and I am pretty critical of the front office.

Hey, the truth hurts sometimes.

Yeah, he's such an idiot hack. How dare he say that the first place Jets are the team to beat in the AFC East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back