PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork disputes Bruschi's claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys are unbelievable.

We saw Moss complaining after a victory about not being wanted in a truly pathetic and self-pitying rant.

A few games later Belichick trades one of the team's big guns for absolute peanuts (a 3rd when he could have had a 5th).

And you guys conclude that this isn't an attitude issue because of what Wilfork and Belichick said?

Meanwhile, Troy Brown is reporting some things about what he heard from other players about the plane ride home. We don't even know if Wilfork was there to witness that, especially since Wilfork has a Miami residence and may have stayed down there after the game.

We do know that Steve Burton witnessed Moss infuriating the Patriots with the Raytheon diss.

And now we're not supposed to conclude that Randy's attitude was a total turnoff for Belichick?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the very least, even if he wasn't a full-blown attitude problem yet, the possibility of becoming one had to be a factor.

As he should because he's a leader on this team and if he agreed I would be worried that there is something seriously wrong...

Last edited:
3) Moss tends to be most effective in warmer weather early season games and domes - - only one of which they have for the rest of the season (Detroit).

It was 90 degrees in Miami. How could his production go down from the MNF game when it turns cold?

Hey, did you guys hear that we traded Randy Moss?

Anyone else read "our locker room is our locker room" as a pretty pointed "(Please be quiet - edited), Tedy"?

WTF????

The head coach actually got annoyed when people kept pressing him on this issue. He said there was no problem, now Wilfork says there was no problem but you(who knows absolutely nothing about the Patriots locker room) want us to believe that there actually was a problem. Do you not know where to get off the train?

It's simple, really. If someone hears from a third-hand source that he was a distraction, it must be true. If the people who are actually there go out of their way to say, pretty adamantly, that he wasn't then they must be lying. ;)

The truth is probably somewhere in between. Probably some players thought he was a problem, and others didn't. It's 53 different guys, they don't have to all have the same opinion. I doubt there's anyone in the locker room who ever single player feels the exact same way about. The Herald had player sources saying that he was a distraction, but anonymous player sources kinda piss me off, and I'm sure they piss Wilfork off. I wouldn't be surprised if the captains have already lectured the locker room on how this "anonymous player source" BS is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Thanks for standing up for Randy, Vince. :D Bruschi isn't even on the team anymore so how exactly would he know more about what is going on in the locker room than a current player?

Thanks for standing up for Randy, Vince. :D Bruschi isn't even on the team anymore so how exactly would he know more about what is going on in the locker room than a current player?

Perhaps Bruschi still showers with the team?

A player like Wilfork going out of his way to defend Randy Moss, when he has absolutely nothing to gain by it, and to directly challenge an icon like Tedy Bruschi, says a lot to me.

Bruschi is trending toward the direction of Tom Jackson in making completely uninformed random statements (like 'they hate their coach')

Either way I'm glad Big Vince said what he said, I hope they all say the same thing. Stick up for eachother, circle the wagons, and just be a team. Nobody's nose belongs in their locker room but their own, not even Bru's. It's not about Bru anyway, it's about how THIS team deals with what comes their way.

It was 90 degrees in Miami. How could his production go down from the MNF game when it turns cold?

Wow, you're talking about ONE game (his last as a Pat). I was talking about seasonal patterns over several years.

The truth is probably somewhere in between. Probably some players thought he was a problem, and others didn't. It's 53 different guys, they don't have to all have the same opinion. I doubt there's anyone in the locker room who ever single player feels the exact same way about. The Herald had player sources saying that he was a distraction, but anonymous player sources kinda piss me off, and I'm sure they piss Wilfork off. I wouldn't be surprised if the captains have already lectured the locker room on how this "anonymous player source" BS is ridiculous.

I think all the players know Belichick would cut their balls off if they spoke to the press on this, so they choose to do so anonymously. I don't see anything wrong with that, you just have to look at the track record of the journalist in question. If they have a history of false stories from bad sources then ignore them, but you cannot write off all anonymous sources just because you don't like not being able to attribute a name to a story.

A player like Wilfork going out of his way to defend Randy Moss, when he has absolutely nothing to gain by it, and to directly challenge an icon like Tedy Bruschi, says a lot to me.

He absolutely has something to gain from it, his boss told him to be honest about how much he likes Moss as a person and paint the best possible picture of him in the locker room, while leaving out the negative stuff that lead to the trade. I'm sure he was told to do his best to make it clear to everyone that they are moving on and that they aren't going to be dwelling on this as the season goes on. Thats one thing that almost all the players said, that they would be moving on, because that it the message they want to get out there.

Bruschi is trending toward the direction of Tom Jackson in making completely uninformed random statements (like 'they hate their coach')

So you are saying that Bruschi is fabricating his story about Moss? You are saying Tedy Bruschi is lying to further his broadcasting career? Bruschi has no reason to make that story up, it does nothing for him but get him an extra 30 seconds on ESPN in addition to all his other time as an analyst. If he really cared that much why wouldn't he make up something bigger that would make him front and center on this story? It just makes no sense for him to fabricate his story.

The guy was in the same locker room just a couple years ago and played on the teams for many years. He is going to have contacts in the locker room and the front office and he is going to be able to find stuff like this out. Even if you don't like what he has to say, he has credibility here.

So, either Randy Moss, Wilfork, Bellichick and Kraft are all lying,
or the Media is making **** up.

Yeah, I know which way I'm going there.

Tedi Bruschi was a great LB. As an analyst, he's no different from any other media hack.

When speaking in public, on the record, players & coaches & owners all lie.

You don't really believe that they would honestly tell us peons what exactly is on their minds, do you?

And Tedy as an analyst is very different from any other media hack.

When speaking in public, on the record, players & coaches & owners all lie.

You don't really believe that they would honestly tell us peons what exactly is on their minds, do you?

And Tedy as an analyst is very different from any other media hack.

Yesterday, Bruschi said the Jets were the team to beat in the AFC East.

HE SUCKS.

He absolutely has something to gain from it, his boss told him to be honest about how much he likes Moss as a person and paint the best possible picture of him in the locker room, while leaving out the negative stuff that lead to the trade. I'm sure he was told to do his best to make it clear to everyone that they are moving on and that they aren't going to be dwelling on this as the season goes on. Thats one thing that almost all the players said, that they would be moving on, because that it the message they want to get out there.

I dont think Wilfork even has to be told, hes been here awhile and knows how they do things there.
Again, theres too much smoke to think theres nothing there and these players coming out and saying nothing happened there sounds to me like they're just conducting business down there like they always have under BB.

I find it curious that you seem to believe you know what Wilfork and others were told behind closed doors.

The guy was in the same locker room just a couple years ago and played on the teams for many years. He is going to have contacts in the locker room and the front office and he is going to be able to find stuff like this out. Even if you don't like what he has to say, he has credibility here.

Are you a former employee of any company? Do you still talk to former co-workers? Do you honestly believe that Bruschi calls up all his teammates begging for a scoop and that they give it to him? A lot of the guys on the team weren't around with Tedy, and there's 53 guys on the team. Surely not every single one of the 53 loves every other single one of the 53. Hell you'd be hard pressed to find 5 guys who had 0 bad things to say in private about each other.

Last edited:
I dont think Wilfork even has to be told, hes been here awhile and knows how they do things there.
Again, theres too much smoke to think theres nothing there and these players coming out and saying nothing happened there sounds to me like they're just conducting business down there like they always have under BB.

They are conducting business as usual. Have you ever witnessed a co-worker get laid off? Did you have intimate details about everything that went on between your friend/co-worker and management/ownership?

You guys act like Wilfork and others come out and defend each and every player that gets cut as some sort of ritualistic business as usual task. Where was all this "business as usual" with AD? Wilfork didn't say a damn thing about Maroney. But he says something that flies directly in the face of some people's pre-determined conclusion and he's just towing the company line :rolleyes:

They are conducting business as usual. Have you ever witnessed a co-worker get laid off? Did you have intimate details about everything that went on between your friend/co-worker and management/ownership?

You guys act like Wilfork and others come out and defend each and every player that gets cut as some sort of ritualistic business as usual task. Where was all this "business as usual" with AD? Wilfork didn't say a damn thing about Maroney. But he says something that flies directly in the face of some people's pre-determined conclusion and he's just towing the company line

Actually thats not what Im saying. I agree with the first part of your post and I think Wilforks mature enough to not say anything even if he had something bad to say. But overall Im not saying that Moss was a bad seed causing a ruckus, this may have just been an amicable split, anything that happens in the locker room, stays in the locker room.
We'll probably never know the whole story..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back