PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork disputes Bruschi's claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
So why'd we trade him again? Now, I'm confused.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Vince Wilfork disputes Tedy Bruschi’s claim that Randy Moss had become a distraction in the locker room

Vince Wilfork disputes Tedy Bruschi’s claim that Randy Moss had become a distraction in the locker room

An emotional Vince Wilfork spoke earlier about Randy Moss’ departure, and the cold, hard business-nature of it all. When asked about Tedy Bruschi’s claim that Moss had become a distraction in the locker room, and a potential bad influence on the teams core of young players, Wilfork shot the former Patriot linebacker’s charge right down.

”We’ve never had problems with Randy. Our locker room is our locker room. We’ve never had an issue. I can’t remember an issue that we had. I don’t know what Tedy’s bringing up,” Wilfork said of Bruschi, now an ESPN analyst. ”That’s not an issue in this locker room. That was business. It’s all business and it happens. You have to move forward from it. And that’s one thing we’ll do around here, especially for myself knowing him personally, I’ll move forward from it.”

:[ whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:bricks:

Players BS to the media all the time,Players know the media likes to grab a story and run with it and Vince is not willing to say stuff ike Randy caused chaos within the team whether its true or not
Vince will not feed the media who wants to hear it and as a Patriot he is well versed on shutting up and if asked a question to be positive and polite..thats the way its done here in NE

Yeah, I had read this article as well but it doesn't quite jive with the Moss/O'Brien halftime dispute.

My take is Moss grew concerned that the Patriots were not going to resign him and that they also were not going to allow him many plays which would not make him look very good as a FA. It is a reasonable concern. But the head office's concerns are valid as well, the team does not revolve around 1 player.

Chalk it up to irreconcilable differences and move on. Randy is a loss the team will certainly feel, but one player will not drop us from #1 offense to #30. We still have a great team with a lot of up and coming players. I think BB has made it pretty clear that the next year or 2 are building years and that this is where his priorities lie. I'm sure he'd love to be a playoff/superbowl contender this year but clearly he's looking longer term first and foremost.

Why do you need a villain?

Maybe it just came down to:

1) Because the offense has other weapons, including 3 top flight TE's, which they felt he was (no fault of his, mind you) taking away from in Brady's focus.

2) The Pats wanted a 3rd rounder instead of a 5th rounder

3) Moss tends to be most effective in warmer weather early season games and domes - - only one of which they have for the rest of the season (Detroit).

There are plenty of possible reasons aside from any personal/lockerroom ones. From both sides, it sure looks like a very friendly amicable divorce.

It could just be that they were two friendly parties who had different objectives right now. No one has to be a villain.

Last edited:
Why do you need a villain?
It could just be that they were two friendly parties who had different objectives right now. No one has to be a villain.

WHOA. WHOA. WHOA.

Maybe it's time for you to find another message board, pal. :p

Last edited:
It's funny that the ONLY reports of Moss being a bad seed are vague media "sources". Coaches and players all lie though, I mean you remember how they defended AD so vigorously right?

Players BS to the media all the time,Players know the media likes to grab a story and run with it and Vince is not willing to say stuff ike Randy caused chaos within the team whether its true or not
Vince will not feed the media who wants to hear it and as a Patriot he is well versed on shutting up and if asked a question to be positive and polite..thats the way its done here in NE

So, either Randy Moss, Wilfork, Bellichick, and Kraft are all lying, or the Media is making **** up.

yeah, I know which way I'm going there.

Tedi Bruschi was a great LB. As an analyst, hes no different from any other media hack.

So, either Randy Moss, Wilfork, Bellichick, and Kraft are all lying, or the Media is making **** up.

yeah, I know which way I'm going there.

Tedi Bruschi was a great LB. As an analyst, hes no different from any other media hack.

There is always BS out there regarding sports...you just have to figure out to the best of your knowledge of where its coming from.

Randy Moss has been one of this team's hardest workers, most prolific producers, and team leaders since he arrived pre-2007 season.

It is very convenient (and lazy) for national media to say he was a locker room cancer complaining about not getting the ball, because it draws upon imprinted memes already in the mainstream about him.

Even last year, after a poor game the national media would blast Moss's character or call him lazy, when fans in New England could see how big the disconnect and criticisms were from reality.

Last edited:
There is always BS out there regarding sports...you just have to figure out to the best of your knowledge of where its coming from.

Tedi Bruschi's job is to generate page hits. Thats it. I trust him as far as I trust his anonymous sources, which is not at all.

Pretty much everyone who was around while he was playing is gone, or is saying that Moss wasn't a problem.

Yeah, I had read this article as well but it doesn't quite jive with the Moss/O'Brien halftime dispute.

My take is Moss grew concerned that the Patriots were not going to resign him and that they also were not going to allow him many plays which would not make him look very good as a FA. It is a reasonable concern. But the head office's concerns are valid as well, the team does not revolve around 1 player.

Chalk it up to irreconcilable differences and move on. Randy is a loss the team will certainly feel, but one player will not drop us from #1 offense to #30. We still have a great team with a lot of up and coming players. I think BB has made it pretty clear that the next year or 2 are building years and that this is where his priorities lie. I'm sure he'd love to be a playoff/superbowl contender this year but clearly he's looking longer term first and foremost.

Well, if the one player that goes down is Brady, that's a killer if your goal is to go deep into the playoffs. The problem with the Moss departure is we are left with Welker and a bunch of rookies. That's horrible planning by the Pats management including BB.

And why are we in a building year? Will there even be football next year? So we round out the roster just as Brady's skills start to diminish?

WTF????

The head coach actually got annoyed when people kept pressing him on this issue. He said there was no problem, now Wilfork says there was no problem but you(who knows absolutely nothing about the Patriots locker room) want us to believe that there actually was a problem. Do you not know where to get off the train?

Well, if the one player that goes down is Brady, that's a killer if your goal is to go deep into the playoffs. The problem with the Moss departure is we are left with Welker and a bunch of rookies. That's horrible planning by the Pats management including BB.

And why are we in a building year? Will there even be football next year? So we round out the roster just as Brady's skills start to diminish?

Whats wrong with Welker (A long term vet), Tate (a 2nd year guy), Edelman (a 2nd year guy) and Price (a rookie) at WR, and Crumpler (long term vet), Hernandez adn Gronk (rookies) at TE.

You can only use so many spots on "mentors". Thats what position coaches are for. Why do you think Welker and Crumpler can't be the "mentors"

Whats wrong with Welker (A long term vet), Tate (a 2nd year guy), Edelman (a 2nd year guy) and Price (a rookie) at WR, and Crumpler (long term vet), Hernandez adn Gronk (rookies) at TE.

You can only use so many spots on "mentors". Thats what position coaches are for. Why do you think Welker and Crumpler can't be the "mentors"

Welker is a slot receiver who I still don't think is 100%. He just doesn't look explosive right now. Tate is still an unknown, I hope he reaches his potential and can be the deep threat, but it's anyone's guess. Edelman hasn't played this season, Price hasn't done anything, and our Faulk is out for the season. Sure, it has tons of potential, but it also has plenty of room for failure.

Welker is a slot receiver who I still don't think is 100%. He just doesn't look explosive right now. Tate is still an unknown, I hope he reaches his potential and can be the deep threat, but it's anyone's guess. Edelman hasn't played this season, Price hasn't done anything, and our Faulk is out for the season. Sure, it has tons of potential, but it also has plenty of room for failure.

What does Welker being hurt, or being a "slot reciever" (which, hes not. He lines up more outside the slot than he does in it) have to do with being a veteran presense?

There is Welker who is proven and the rest are rookies/2nd years and unproven.

The TEs are a vet in his first year with the Patriots and two rookies.

Some of you guys are unbelievable.

We saw Moss complaining after a victory about not being wanted in a truly pathetic and self-pitying rant.

A few games later Belichick trades one of the team's big guns for absolute peanuts (a 3rd when he could have had a 5th).

And you guys conclude that this isn't an attitude issue because of what Wilfork and Belichick said?

Meanwhile, Troy Brown is reporting some things about what he heard from other players about the plane ride home. We don't even know if Wilfork was there to witness that, especially since Wilfork has a Miami residence and may have stayed down there after the game.

We do know that Steve Burton witnessed Moss infuriating the Patriots with the Raytheon diss.

And now we're not supposed to conclude that Randy's attitude was a total turnoff for Belichick?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back