PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why we will continue AFC East Domination

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you see other AFCE teams dumping huge sums into free agents while also being in good draft position year after year, it would not surprise me to see the Patriots lose enough division games to spoil chances for a first-round playoff bye. Nor would it surprise me to see someone else win the division after Brady is done. HOWEVER, as long as BB runs things I think the Patriots will continue as the division's leading presence. New England's dominance has been extraordinary, and expecting it never to waver would be unrealistic.

Pats improved immensely under the Krafts even before Tom Brady. Good ownership is required for a team to remain competitive over a long period of time. That is why the Pats sucked for decades before the Krafts bought the team. Of all people, Jets fans should understand this.

I think both things are true. Bad owners win Super Bowls if the right people are in place (GM, coach, QB) but over the long run bad owners generally ruin franchises. Irsay really is a great example of how a meathead drug addled rich guy can actually get by in the NFL if they have the right people in place.*However they also have to be willing to commit the greatest crime in sports and cheat the league and fans for an entire session to keep that success going e.g... SUCK FOR LUCK.

So it's possible to win with bad owners but unlikely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News