PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why must this item wait until I'm back from my trip to the VA Hospital? Slackers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/05/22/seau_is_back_on_the_inside/
A moving scene
Marshall athletic director Bob Marcum, the former athletic director at UMass, was touched when he saw Vrabel at the annual football camp sponsored by Troy Brown and former Patriot Mike Bartrum this past weekend in Huntington, W.Va. Marcum saw Vrabel pushing a camper in a wheelchair from drill to drill. "He stayed with him most of the time, looking out for him," Marcum said. "I just thought it was a tremendous thing and you could see the happiness in the young boy's face. It was a great thrill for him."

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/22/mike-vrabel-does-good-manages-to-avoid-arrest/
This paragraph was buried in Mike Reiss's Patriots notebook in today's Boston Globe. Obviously, this is a much more important story than New England re-signing 38-year-old Junior Seau, or Vinny Testaverde Larking it around the locker room as he contemplates his next move in between games of Mahjong. But it's not salacious enough to be newsworthy, I guess.

Maybe if the kids got lap dances as part of their tuition the story would've garnered more attention, but that kinda defeats the purpose. Whatever, good for Vrabel. If I'm the NFL, I might want to make a bigger deal of this to distract fans from all the other silliness.

Last edited:
Totally agree.....and more so than the dumb stories of the Bengals or other low lifes..the Vick dog story..et all...

Front page for Vrabes.

What a great story-Vrabel's as much heart as he is guts and in the middle of all the nasty stuff being aired and inked lately this deserves press.
Nice find,Box,thanks.

Eh... maybe.

this is a much more important story than New England re-signing 38-year-old Junior Seau

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes