Why I Hate the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Great article from B Sammon:

Every year, I dislike them a little bit more. I'm tired of seeing them, tired of reading about them, tired of hearing about them. Seeing their white and blue uniforms puts the same sneer on my face that Nicholson had when he saw Cruise's JAG outfit at Guantanamo Bay. Getting constantly bombarded by those insufferable Manning commercials makes me want to throw my remote against the wall. And after seeing him choke like Aurora Snow against Pittsburgh last January, I thought everyone would realize he was the A-Rod of football, someone who couldn't deliver in the clutch, someone who routinely shrunk from the pressure. How many more seasons of evidence did we need?

Of course, with the Colts undefeated through eight weeks, the same crap has started up again. Manning is the best quarterback ever. The Colts are unstoppable. On and on it goes. Nobody seems to care that their front seven can't stop anyone, or that January football is completely different that regular-season football. The whole thing gives me a headache. Even worse, everyone's lack of historical perspective has been more skewed than ever: Like Phil Simms remarking during the tail end of Indy's victory in Denver, "over on the sideline, you've got two of the best clutch players in NFL history in Adam Vinatieri and Peyton Manning." Um ... what?????? What planet is this? And to think, I used to defend Phil Simms. I don't even know how to react to a statement like that; Simms could have called Manning "one of the greatest African-American quarterbacks of all-time" and it wouldn't have been any less perplexing.

Rest of the article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061103

Choking like Aurora Snow? I thought ESPN was a family media outlet. LMAO.

sieglo said:
Choking like Aurora Snow? I thought ESPN was a family media outlet. LMAO.

I confess I don't know who Ms Snow is? One of Tyler's buds?

patsfan13 said:
I confess I don't know who Ms Snow is? One of Tyler's buds?

You got it.

The Colts 'mystique' is cracking. Heck 3 out the 4 guys on HBO'S Inside the NFL Picked the Pats to win this Sunday. Collinsworth went so far as to call a blow out and then backed off to 'like two touchdowns' or so, which is, by and large, a typical Pats blowout. The Minny win was the one out of character.

Costas was the only one who picked the Colts and even he said he was doing it for variety (bookies finance their kids' college on bettors who make their selections based on variety:D )

I get nervous when the 'experts' pick us since their analysis is a mile wide and an inch deep.

True, but it still points to the fact that people are prepared to jump off the Colt's bandwagon much faster this year.

sdaniels7114 said:
True, but it still points to the fact that people are prepared to jump off the Colt's bandwagon much faster this year.

I'd rather have them ride the bandwagon and come crashing down with the Colts:rocker:

It's so easy to hate the Colts:

* Stolen franchise, bandwagon fanbase; a disgrace to its Baltimore legacy.

* Stupid second-place banners hanging from the rafters.

* Crappy domed stadium, outdated turf, piped-in crowd noise.

* Manning's hickster persona and chicken-dancing at the line.

* Dungy's passive-aggressive weirdness.

* Polian's neuroses.

* Vinatieri's shallowness.

sdaniels7114 said:
The Colts 'mystique' is cracking. Heck 3 out the 4 guys on HBO'S Inside the NFL Picked the Pats to win this Sunday. Collinsworth went so far as to call a blow out and then backed off to 'like two touchdowns' or so, which is, by and large, a typical Pats blowout. The Minny win was the one out of character.

Costas was the only one who picked the Colts and even he said he was doing it for variety (bookies finance their kids' college on bettors who make their selections based on variety:D )
and collinsworth was the only one who thought minny would win last week...

SVN said:
i like B simmons a lot but even his this yr has annoyingly pestered about "letting adam and branch go"...thought he would at least understand what the fans think or majority do...

Agreed. Patsox definitely took the best part and left the rest which was crap.

I was going to say more but, excerpt=gold, remainder =crap pretty much says it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes