PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why has no one in the media even atttempted to figure Belicheck's side of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz421

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I say shame on the media for beeing so one sided. Shame on the Boston media for biting the hand that feeds it. Usually we always get to sides of the story but it seems they are to stupid to figure it out

The real truth has never even beeen brought up bu the media. They all have anti- Pats blinders. The truth is it is not illegal to tape defensive signals in a game. It just can't be done in certain areas of the field and used in the game. Look at the ruling in favour of the Dolphins to prove this. No one ever brings this up in the national media. Belicheck saw this happening and figured what is the difference if I tape from the field or use technology and tape from the stands. He saw none so he went by the letter of the ruling and taped but didn't use it in the game. Just as he said to everyone.

The simple fact is all NFL teams are taping defensive signals, but are doing it from legal places.

Saw two ex- NFL players the other day from the Raiders championship days. The laughed when asked and said everyone has been doing this for a long time. This is why the NFL wants to bury it. Because it is a stupid pointless rule.
Edit/Delete Message

Re: Why has no one in the media even atttempted to figure Belicheck's side of the sto

I say shame on the media for beeing so one sided. Shame on the Boston media for biting the hand that feeds it. Usually we always get to sides of the story but it seems they are to stupid to figure it out

The real truth has never even beeen brought up bu the media. They all have anti- Pats blinders. The truth is it is not illegal to tape defensive signals in a game. It just can't be done in certain areas of the field and used in the game. Look at the ruling in favour of the Dolphins to prove this. No one ever brings this up in the national media. Belicheck saw this happening and figured what is the difference if I tape from the field or use technology and tape from the stands. He saw none so he went by the letter of the ruling and taped but didn't use it in the game. Just as he said to everyone.

The simple fact is all NFL teams are taping defensive signals, but are doing it from legal places.

Saw two ex- NFL players the other day from the Raiders championship days. The laughed when asked and said everyone has been doing this for a long time. This is why the NFL wants to bury it. Because it is a stupid pointless rule.
Edit/Delete Message
just forget about it man the story is dead concentrate on the cowboys

Re: Why has no one in the media even atttempted to figure Belicheck's side of the sto

The real people "in the know" are on BB's side, specifically the coaches. Jimmy Johnson's comments have pretty much shut the morons like Peter King up.

The real people "in the know" are on BB's side, specifically the coaches. Jimmy Johnson's comments have pretty much shut the morons like Peter King up.

Did you see him on Inside the NFL this week? PK is rabid about this... he just can't stop!

This is a rhetorical question, right? The media doesn't care about reporting both sides of the story.

Edit/Delete Message
Huh?.... :confused: How can you ask that? Didn't you see the press conference where BB kept steamrolling any questions about it?

Huh?.... :confused: How can you ask that? Didn't you see the press conference where BB kept steamrolling any questions about it?

I don't think that he is saying that BB should offer up his side of the story. I think that he is simply saying, "what about the other side?" I think it is a valid question. It further underscores what has been talked about here for a bit. (ie. That we can learn a lot from this story about the media and how powerful it is when it wants a certain angle brought forth.)

That the poster is surprized that no members of the media have tried to understand this side of the equation seems to imply that they should/could be more objective. I think that this true lack of objectivity and reason is at the heart of the poster's question.

Answer: They are all wh*res.

Belicheck made a decision not to try to defend himself in the media. If Kraft is OK with that then who am I to complain.

I have been surprised the interpretation argument has not recieved more play in the media.

The link below is one of the few who I have seen look at it closely -

http://thesportslawprofessor.blogspot.com/2007/09/bill-belichicks-interpretation.html

I don't think that he is saying that BB should offer up his side of the story. I think that he is simply saying, "what about the other side?" I think it is a valid question. It further underscores what has been talked about here for a bit. (ie. That we can learn a lot from this story about the media and how powerful it is when it wants a certain angle brought forth.)

That the poster is surprized that no members of the media have tried to understand this side of the equation seems to imply that they should/could be more objective. I think that this true lack of objectivity and reason is at the heart of the poster's question.

Answer: They are all wh*res.
But what I'm saying is that, how can anyone challenge why the press isn't challenging BB when in fact it seems to me they have tried in spades, but BB just clams up.

Coach B did offer all he needs to offer. He said his interpretation of the rule was diffferent, and that it didn't matter. Anymore would just feed the fire. So my question is why has no one tried to figure out just what he meant? I'm quite sure my original point is what he meant. That if it is ok to tape defensive signals and use them after the game. See what the Dolphins did. And that it is o.k. to tape from legal areas of the field and not use it in the game then we see Belicheck's point.

This rule makes no sense. The real rule should be directed at using video for in game purposes during that game.

The NFL wants this to go away because they know this point. The coacch was right technically.

That is true, but that is also typical of him whether it benefits him or not. I never listen to the guy because he never says anything you don't already know, whether it's good, bad or indifferent. "His leg hurts" is about all you get. I preferred Parcell's style, but I gave up hoping for more of that long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back