PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did Patricia clap after first lateral?

Nothing about that play makes sense which makes me think everyone is covering for the coaches.
You could be right. I just don't see Jakobi as the type to go rogue but I'm at a complete loss as to what was planned if Mac actually got the ball?

another real kick in the nuts.

Both recievers gave up on the play immedietly, so Mondre gets to their level and nobody is ****ing blocking.

Imagine both recievers gave 100% and blocked their guys out of the way, that just leaves mondre 1 on 1 with the deep safety.

This whole team is **** now, We learned last year and this year that bad coaching can **** up a team(jags) This team took 5 steps backwards due to coaching choices this offseason.

We basically have to RESTART the rebuild again.
Idk if we restart. One really good WR and two pieces on the offensive line would do a lot for this offense. Coaching wise they do have to change things.

I think it's more accurate that we are STILL in rebuild and some missteps were taken that we should correct now instead of waiting it out.

You could be right. I just don't see Jakobi as the type to go rogue.
And yet he did by his own admission. That's why he was on the verge of tears during his post-game interview. If he was told to backwards pass to Mac, he would be all like "You have to ask Coach Patricia about that".

You could be right. I just don't see Jakobi as the type to go rogue.
If Jakobi went rogue, so did Stevenson.

I think that was just the play.

Frankly either it's an indictment on the coaches for calling that play or it's an indictment on the coaches that the players weren't coaches well enough to avoid it OR WORSE it is an indictment on the coaches that the players didn't have faith in them and wanted to get it done now.

And yet he did by his own admission. That's why he was on the verge of tears during his post-game interview. If he was told to backwards pass to Mac, he would be all like "You have to ask Coach Patricia about that".
Then why did Stevenson? It wasn't just Meyers. Two guys on that play thought that was the right move.

Then why did Stevenson? It wasn't just Meyers. Two guys on that play thought that was the right move.
Because they both wanted to be the hero and ignored their coaching.

That's why you don't call a draw there. You take a knee that way no one has delusions of grandeur and goes off script.

Because they both wanted to be the hero and ignored their coaching.

That's why you don't call a draw there. You take a knee that way no one has delusions of grandeur and goes off script.
If two players think it's okay to go rogue. That's still a coaching problem. Either players don't respect the coach or they aren't getting the message. If one guy is a problem... okay chalk it up to an outlier. Two guys had the same idea on the same play. Either something wasn't communicated correctly or the coach lost the ability to reign players in.

Can’t see this as a designed play, especially the part about passing it back to Mac, since almost all the linemen were way past the line of scrimmage. Would’ve negated any play.

The only logical play to call in this instance was a pass designed to get enough yardage to attempt a FG, AND draw a DPI, or a Hail Mary if Max can even teach the end zone.

No idea why you would run a draw and then lateral it back behind the LOS, because even if Max caught it, he couldn’t legally throw it, and even if he could the rest of the line was already downfield.

There is just no logical explanation, other than the Pats are a horribly coached football team.

The only logical play to call in this instance was a pass designed to get enough yardage to attempt a FG, AND draw a DPI, or a Hail Mary if Max can even teach the end zone.

No idea why you would run a draw and then lateral it back behind the LOS, because even if Max caught it, he couldn’t legally throw it, and even if he could the rest of the line was already downfield.

There is just no logical explanation, other than the Pats are a horribly coached football team.
There was 3 seconds left, no time to try a pass and a FG. Look at the draw this way, if the other team had to punt deep in their own end and the returner catches the punt on the 40–45-yard line and tries to run it in for a TD. I think that was the idea of the draw, catch them off guard and hope for a miracle. The laterals were just stupid plays by stupid players. Matt's arms are up in a WTF was that, not cheering. If it was a designed play don't you think the players would have said it was bad execution and not taken the blame, you really think they would try to cover for the coaches and look like idiots?

I am not saying this was the called play but if you look at Patricia after Stevenson passes to Meyers, he was clapping. He did not even seem surprised he passed to Mac until he saw Jones there and pass going to him and then he raised his arms.

Am I just reading too much into it? Also Mac said ask Bill when he got asked about that play.
Nah. The on the field action had nothing to do with it.

His Uber Eats order arrived.

If two players think it's okay to go rogue. That's still a coaching problem. Either players don't respect the coach or they aren't getting the message. If one guy is a problem... okay chalk it up to an outlier. Two guys had the same idea on the same play. Either something wasn't communicated correctly or the coach lost the ability to reign players in.
No question.

If the patients are running the asylum this entire organization has a problem beyond talent and crappy playcalling.

Maybe would have helped to teach situational stuff beforehand when theres a chance theyd hear you but thats just my opinion
What happened to BB prowling the practice field hitting players with situational pop quizzes? That used to be a thing back when the Pats played smart football.

Can’t see this as a designed play, especially the part about passing it back to Mac, since almost all the linemen were way past the line of scrimmage. Would’ve negated any play.
To understand this play we've got to understand what Rham thought he was doing. He's the one that chucked the hot potato to Meyers. I give Meyers a bit of a pass. He should have just gone to the ground but I think he was not ready to be popped into the middle of a 3 Stooges skit.

Why did Rham do what he did? I don't know at this point. Weak evidence suggests MP liked his move further suggesting that MP pre-planned it.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back