Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who's to blame for Moss' absence in the post season?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by bakes781, Feb 4, 2008.

?

Who's to blame for Moss' near absence in the post season?

1. Belichick/McDaniels

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Randy

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Opponents

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bakes781

bakes781 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Who's to blame for Moss' absence in the post season?
  2. MRBLAZE

MRBLAZE Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He was open deep 4 times that I counted, the protection just didn't hold up enough to exploit the Giants weak secondary.
  3. jscout

jscout Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think absence is the wrong word. Moss was not absent. He was very much part of the offense during the post season. Serving as a decoy, taking on double/triple/multiple coverage, downfield blocking, are all specific and important roles on the offense. What you're looking for is something to describe the lack of targets to him. Lack of targets <> absence.

Assuming that's what you meant, so I think it's ultimately on the opposing defense, because the Pats take what they are given. You can script as many plays to Moss if you want, but in the end, if the opposing team is determined not to give it to you, they won't. In the games leading to the SB, Jax and SD gave them Maroney and the short passing game because they were determined not to let Moss beat them. In the SB, the Giants gave them a little bit of Moss. Enough for him to make some catches and score.
  4. Harry Yelreh

Harry Yelreh Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Completely agree. I also thought Moss came up big in the clutch when NE needed him, too - both at the end of the first half (when he did well to make a good catch and get out of bounds to give NE a chance to score points before Brady's fumble) and at the end of the game on NE's last scoring drive and catching what should have been the game-winning score.
  5. Gicksauce

Gicksauce Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I thought Moss played well last night

Brady/McDaniels didn't get him the ball enough
  6. Dojo Chargerfan

Dojo Chargerfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think the emergence of Faulk and Welker had as much to do with it as opponents did.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.