PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whos going to the game sunday!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there again... loud and proud in Section 330. We'll have the firepit going outside and I'll have on (at least) 7 layers.

Be sure to save at least one of those layers until you're ready to head into the game. Let your body get acclimated to the cold a little bit. The last thing you want to do is bundle up and be cold. I always leave my coat off until we head in and have never felt cold in the stadium.

For the infamous TN playoff game I had sweat pants under my snowmobile bibs, with a turtleneck and sweatshirt under my parka and was quite comfy. Make sure your feet are warm, even if you've got to buy some of those heat packs. Don't overdress to the point where you start to sweat because the cold will set in fast then.

Section 132 reporting in. The guys I tailgate with have been planning Lobsters for the AFCCG for about a month. It should be interesting to see them try to cook them in the cold. I'll be sure to offer my advice from my spot next to the beer cooler.;)

I'll be there as always, sec. 227, row 16.

I'll be there in 227 row 8....maybe...I've got a cold from the other nite.I don't mid cold I hate the wind.Wind ruins everything.

Last edited:
Just purchased a firepit for tailgating and definitely going to bring a truck full of wood, does anyone know what time the gates open? Is it four hours before the game like usual? I arrived at the last game 5 hours early and the gates seemed like they had already been open for some time.

Have a great time guys.

Working on Super Bowl tickets. And no, you can't be jinxed via a message board post.

Just purchased a firepit for tailgating and definitely going to bring a truck full of wood, does anyone know what time the gates open? Is it four hours before the game like usual? I arrived at the last game 5 hours early and the gates seemed like they had already been open for some time.
It can be a crapshoot as to whether or not they're opened earlier, sometimes they do sometimes they don't. One of buddies who lives in Boston showed up 30 mins. early (I want to say it was for the Jest game but I'm not 100% sure) and had the officers wave him by telling him that the lots weren't open yet. By the time he made it down far enough to make a U-turn he was stuck in traffic and it took him over an hour to get back and into the lot.

Section 134 reporting in......

It will be me, my three sons a neice and a nephew and we are LOUD.

Layer up people - remember the Tiatn game!

Any ideas on staying warm??

We use hand warmers, foot warmers, toe warmers a few body heat warmers, 3 or 4 layers of pants 3 or 4 layers on top, with my lucky Patriots hoodie and a giant pats coat on top. Also have those arctic head/face deals.

Be sure to save at least one of those layers until you're ready to head into the game. Let your body get acclimated to the cold a little bit. The last thing you want to do is bundle up and be cold. I always leave my coat off until we head in and have never felt cold in the stadium. Don't overdress to the point where you start to sweat because the cold will set in fast then.

Good strategy. My biggest problem walking up to 339 is taking it slow so I don't start sweating. I'm really worried about that this weekend. I know everyone handles the cold differently based on their body and their level of intoxication. Has anyone had luck wearing electric socks instead of foot warmers? Anyone else have good ideas?

Mittens rather than gloves?
I love my Cousin Eddie hat from Xmas Vacation. I picked it up cheap at an army/navy store.

Last edited:
Good strategy. My biggest problem walking up to 339 is taking it slow so I don't start sweating. I'm really worried about that this weekend. I know everyone handles the cold differently based on their body and their level of intoxication. Has anyone had luck wearing electric socks instead of foot warmers? Anyone else have good ideas?

Mittens rather than gloves?
I love my Cousin Eddie hat from Xmas Vacation. I picked it up cheap at an army/navy store.

I can sympathize, my brother's seats are up in 337 and I usually sit up there a couple games a year when one of my friends needs my seat for someone. That's some exercise, there!

Mittens are warmer than gloves. I know people who have used warmers or electric socks and they both work. I've got a pair of Sorel Snowmobile boots that keep my feet toasty with just a regular pair of socks. I dig the cold though so it doesn't really bother me.

Last edited:
section 122

fire pit loaded
tent and tarps for 3 sides and Coco, mikiemo loves him some hot shocolate

I'll be there.

Unless I **** out.

I'm going and this is my first playoff game ever. I had the choice between the Divisional Round or the AFCCG and I bet on my boys to come through and viola.

Any good ideas on keeping warm? I'm buying boots, wool socks, those foot warmer pouches to go with a couple of layers of thermals and pants and plenty on my torso. Wool hat, thick winter coat with a hood, two scarves and a stadium blanket. I think I'm gonna be ok but still, any advice?

are you going to be tailgating?? I am and I suggest getting a fire pit at the very least

are you going to be tailgating?? I am and I suggest getting a fire pit at the very least

Yeah I go to Zip/Monty/Karen's tailgate.

I'm going and this is my first playoff game ever. I had the choice between the Divisional Round or the AFCCG and I bet on my boys to come through and viola.

Any good ideas on keeping warm? I'm buying boots, wool socks, those foot warmer pouches to go with a couple of layers of thermals and pants and plenty on my torso. Wool hat, thick winter coat with a hood, two scarves and a stadium blanket. I think I'm gonna be ok but still, any advice?

You've got all the right stuff. Stand up & yell the whole game & you won't feel the cold (al least until you have to walk to the parking lot!). Foot warmers & warm socks are a must. My feet are the only things that ever get cold.

My feet are the only things that ever get cold.

Yeah no doubt. Someone told me to get a papa gino's pizza box out of the trash inside the stadium and stand on that to minimize how much body heat the concrete is taking from me.

Half of my problem is that I've been going in my chuck taylor's, though. I mean damn I look good in them but my tootsies freeze.

Yeah no doubt. Someone told me to get a papa gino's pizza box out of the trash inside the stadium and stand on that to minimize how much body heat the concrete is taking from me.

Half of my problem is that I've been going in my chuck taylor's, though. I mean damn I look good in them but my tootsies freeze.

Unfortunately, a freezing cold game is not the place to make a fashion statement. I absolutely hate wearing snow pants as they appear to add about 100 lbs. to any female figure, but I am going to have to bite the bullet this weekend. Long underwear under jeans barely cut it last weekend. The things you do for love (of the Pats).

I will be there in my nice toasty spot in section 205. (not that toasty, but covered!) Propane heater in the tent before the game.

As an FYI bring in screw caps that will fit the water and beer they sell, that way you can place them upside down in the cup holders. Things freeze from the top down, so this way you will be assured of having your favorite beverage in the liquid state when you want it. (My water froze at the Tennessee game). Also put heat packs on the top of your hands, blood flows past there before getting to your finger tips. Helps keep your hands warm.

--Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore