PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will get more playing time in the playoffs - Chad Jackson or Troy Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I expect Troy to be in on a couple offensive plays giving Welker some rest in certain situations while I think Chad will be more on Special teams but may be in on some 4 WR sets,Troy may also catch some Kickoffs/Punts

So who gets more playing time in the playoffs - Brown or Jackson?

Last edited:
I think they both get the same.

So who gets more playing time in the playoffs - Brown or Jackson?
Both will be inactive. Or haven't you noticed the current Patriots wide receivers are healthy entering the playoffs this season?

Both will be inactive. Or haven't you noticed the current Patriots wide receivers are healthy entering the playoffs this season?

Either or both could be on Special teams and maybe in on a few offense plays - no one knows except BB of course.

I doubt that both are total non roster factors all playoffs despite a perfectly healthy WR corps.

I am not thrilled with the fact that Stallworth has just 66 yards and 1 TD in the last 4 games - don't know whats happened to him that he has not been more of a factor down the stretch despite the team keeps on winning which covers up a near non-performance by Donte lately.

I am not thrilled with the fact that Stallworth has just 66 yards and 1 TD in the last 4 games - don't know whats happened to him that he has not been more of a factor down the stretch despite the team keeps on winning which covers up a near non-performance by Donte lately.
I'm not worried because Gaffney played well in last year's playoffs, and Gaffney maybe a better overall route runner than Stallworth.

Chad Jackson doesn't get a snap, unless 2 of Stallworth, Welker, Moss go down
Troy Brown will get playing time if we have a 17+ point lead in the 4th

I would rather see Troy Brown returning kickoffs than Jackson at this point in time. That for me is not a snap judgement on Jackson's ability ... just that he looks way too tentative right now.

I would rather see Troy Brown returning kickoffs than Jackson at this point in time. That for me is not a snap judgement on Jackson's ability ... just that he looks way too tentative right now.

I don't think they need either of them. Hobbs is the best kickoff returner on the team and Faulk/Welker are good on punts. I think Faulk is the safest bet for fair catch punt situations.

That being said, I do always support the non-starter on the returns to reduce the impact of an injury.

so far Jackson has the edge..a few KI returns...Trot was active but DNP

I don't think they need either of them. Hobbs is the best kickoff returner on the team and Faulk/Welker are good on punts. I think Faulk is the safest bet for fair catch punt situations.

That being said, I do always support the non-starter on the returns to reduce the impact of an injury.

I would prefer to see Troy Brown in as the replacement for Mel Mitchell on the roster - if that 45th spot were to come down to a choice between Brown or Jackson.

1) Hopefully, Hobbs will be healed well enough to return kicks again.

2) Chad Jackson did not look very impressive returning kicks anyway, I would rather see Faulk or Maroney anyway.

3) Because of the wind and the SD punter - we are going to need two guys back there on punts, one up and one deep - look for Welker deep and Troy Brown shallow (if no Troy, it will be Falk).

4) Having Troy active provides a ton position flexibility and you never know what might be needed, the guy can do just about everything as we all know.

well the last couple of games in reg season TB was forcing the ball to Moss sometimes just to get him his record.

vs jaguars they were trying to take away the mid-deep stuff. so the underneath guys caught more balls.

hopefully he comes back big time in this one.

Neither of them will play

I would prefer to see Troy Brown in as the replacement for Mel Mitchell on the roster - if that 45th spot were to come down to a choice between Brown or Jackson.

1) Hopefully, Hobbs will be healed well enough to return kicks again.

2) Chad Jackson did not look very impressive returning kicks anyway, I would rather see Faulk or Maroney anyway.

3) Because of the wind and the SD punter - we are going to need two guys back there on punts, one up and one deep - look for Welker deep and Troy Brown shallow (if no Troy, it will be Falk).

4) Having Troy active provides a ton position flexibility and you never know what might be needed, the guy can do just about everything as we all know.

I agree with all of the above, plus one more:

Today is very likely Troy's last home game with the NEP. He deserves to be activated, and to see action, on both offense and STs.

Chad can watch the game from the sidelines, in sweats.

I agree with all of the above, plus one more:

Today is very likely Troy's last home game with the NEP. He deserves to be activated, and to see action, on both offense and STs.

Chad can watch the game from the sidelines, in sweats.

it is believed that Bill does not cater to senitmental favortism, but that is not entirely true (see the Tennessee game in 2006 when he let Vinny Testaverde throw for a TD despite such a large lead)

even with that being said though, I do not believe that Bill would give in to sentimental favortism when it comes to the playoffs. He does not put the needs of one above the needs of a team.

The fact of the matter is simply: if Bill thinks that Troy Brown is the best man for a certain situation, he will be put in the game. That is the only reason.

it is believed that Bill does not cater to senitmental favortism, but that is not entirely true (see the Tennessee game in 2006 when he let Vinny Testaverde throw for a TD despite such a large lead)

even with that being said though, I do not believe that Bill would give in to sentimental favortism when it comes to the playoffs. He does not put the needs of one above the needs of a team.

The fact of the matter is simply: if Bill thinks that Troy Brown is the best man for a certain situation, he will be put in the game. That is the only reason.

Bill caves into sentimental favortism at the end of the year, only if the game is already in hand. If we have a huge lead in the 4th q, we'll see Troy Brown. If its a close game, we won't.

Troy Brown return kickoffs? He's a punt returner. Now he's a punt returner with no speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes