PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be the honorary coin tosser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest4SevenHomie

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Will it be someone from past Super Bowls? (Knocking on wood.)

I instantly thought of McGinest first, but I'd be good with anyone from the previous Super Bowls.

They will not have a former patriot be the honorary coin tosser since it had to be someone nuetral. Former patriots can be honorary captains though.

My money is on Fran Tarkenton.

Al Franken

If it is a former Patriot player, we all know Patriots haters will lose their minds and start with accusations. NFL memes wouldn't hesitate to make a post about NFL rigging coin toss for us.

However, my personal preference would be to have Brushchi again. We're undefeated with him being there.

Think the consensus is that it’ll either be a former Pats player or a washed up political figure.

Obvious answer is Deion Branch, 2004 SB MVP

A Funny choice would be Mike Vrable, but he's got to be busy.

It will be 15 Medal of Honor recipients. On this I think we can all agree.

Hershel Williams is one of them. One word, wow.
Williams' next and final campaign was at the Iwo Jima, where he distinguished himself with actions "above and beyond the call of duty" – for which he would be awarded the Medal of Honor. On February 21, 1945, he landed on the beach with the 1st Battalion, 21st Marines. Williams, by then a corporal, distinguished himself two days later when American tanks, trying to open a lane for infantry, encountered a network of reinforced concrete pillboxes. Williams went forward alone with his 70-pound (32 kg) flamethrower to attempt the reduction of devastating machine gun fire from the unyielding positions.
Covered by only four riflemen, he fought for four hours under terrific enemy small-arms fire and repeatedly returned to his own lines to prepare demolition charges and obtain serviced flame throwers. He returned to the front, frequently to the rear of hostile emplacements, to wipe out one position after another. At one point, a wisp of smoke alerted him to the air vent of a Japanese bunker, and he approached close enough to put the nozzle of his flamethrower through the hole, killing the occupants. On another occasion, he was charged by enemy riflemen who attempted to stop him with bayonets and he killed them with a burst of flame from his weapon.

It's already been announced: West Virginia resident and Medal of Honor recipient Hershel Woodrow "Woody" Williams will flip the coin at Super Bowl LII.

The obvious choice would be Bud Grant.

the better choice would be Jesse the Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes