PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Was Your Most Surprising Member of the 53?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brit patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
We must all have seen about 8000 projected rosters, and now we have the 53. Now it is here, who was your most surprising keep?

I openly admit to not watching any more than the highlights of the pre season games, but for me it was Elandon Roberts. Not that he came across as doing badly; just that he never seemed to make it on the projected list and was always behind special teams ace Grugier-Hill.

Who was it for you?

Last edited:
Cameron Fleming.

Though I understand the need to keep 10 linemen with both Jonathan Cooper and Shaq Mason not ready to play. That is only 8 healthy bodies.

It will be interesting when Tre Jackson gets healthy, how does the team make room?

Personally, I hope Karras isn't undervalued. The two draft picks Thuney and Karras have been good so far. Tough, dependable, flexible, and above all else "available to play". I recall last year thinking that with Mason and Jackson we had our LG/RG of the future. Now, I feel the same way about Thuney and Karras.

If Cooper and Kline can't stay healthy, then I hope it is one of them that makes room for Jackson.

Cameron Fleming.

Though I understand the need to keep 10 linemen with both Jonathan Cooper and Shaq Mason not ready to play. That is only 8 healthy bodies.

It will be interesting when Tre Jackson gets healthy, how does the team make room?

Personally, I hope Karras isn't undervalued. The two draft picks Thuney and Karras have been good so far. Tough, dependable, flexible, and above all else "available to play". I recall last year thinking that with Mason and Jackson we had our LG/RG of the future. Now, I feel the same way about Thuney and Karras.

If Cooper and Kline can't stay healthy, then I hope it is one of them that makes room for Jackson.

On the guard situation, when they are fit, we may well have an answer to the question as to whether they were poorly coached last year, or are poor. We no how four guards (Cooper makes five) to fit into two positions. That will be fascinating.

Thought Coleman would be cut in favor of LeBlanc or maybe Roberts.

Elandon Roberts...I liked him a lot (and didn't really like KGH as much), but given the love KGH got on this board, I figured I was missing something, and so had KGH on my 53.

That (and Harbor or Develin over Martin) was my only miss!

Same. Elandon. But at this point : hard to be surprised by much w BB around.

Clay Harbor. I didn't think Belichick was going to keep 4 TEs, and assumed that Derby had won the #3 spot.

Really? You do realize they started the season with 4 TEs last year, right?

I'd say mingo because I never thought the browns would let go of him just like that especially since I still believed him to be talented on a bad team and his contract is still so low.

LB Roberts and TE Harbor, as many said already. The only other 2 on the 53 I didn't have were Amendola (glad I was wrong) and Fleming (we'll probably need him again, to be honest).

Clay Harbor. I didn't think Belichick was going to keep 4 TEs, and assumed that Derby had won the #3 spot.

I had plenty wrong, but as cutdown day approached I found myself keeping all 4 TEs too. In the end, Clay Harbor is just a better player than any of the WRs they cut. And in a TE-heavy offense with a brand-new starting QB, the move makes strategic sense too.

IMO the number of OLs was the biggest surprise, and not encouraging about the health of Solder, Mason and Cooper.

To me, the worst player on the roster is Jordan Richards. He may have a brilliant football mind
and know the playbook inside and out but he does not have the speed and physicality to play pro
football. He is Bill's binkie.

Elandon Roberts. Had a very good preseason. Tough SoB. Nice player but never thought he'd make the 53.

All you draft gurus out there, please give me a synopsis on our new OT Clay deBord...

To me, the worst player on the roster is Jordan Richards. He may have a brilliant football mind
and know the playbook inside and out but he does not have the speed and physicality to play pro

Cameron Fleming is certainly worse. But I can't disagree with the anti-Richards sentiment.

I thought we'd cut Cooper. But I can also see the argument for Elandon Roberts and Fleming.

For everyone going hard on Dobson i expect that Richards as 2nd rounder goes under same level of evaluation. So far in his first year he showed nothing. I hope that he ll better than Dobson.

All you draft gurus out there, please give me a synopsis on our new OT Clay deBord...
No me. I get my draft news here and read when I can.:)

I'm no draft expert these days, but I like to watch Eastern Washington football. I am actually moving from Portland, OR up there this month. They have a red field. They are a good program for a small school and have upset a couple of bigger schools recently. They have a high scoring attack and decent OL play. I wouldn't be surprised if this player is a decent project. I don't know him or remember him specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST