PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Is The #1 AFC Seed right now, Steelers or Patriots ?

Steelers due to beating KC and the Pats getting tooled by them in Week 1.

Steelers are 1st seed because they are 4-1 in conference games while pats are 3-1. So yes, it came down to the KC game.

Steelers have the best conference record but that doesn't matter much. We will get a head to head contest and that should decide it.

Steelers probably have the common opp edge too since they beat kc who beat us. Its most likely gonna come down to who wins our matchup at heinz
If we end up tied with PITT, only one tie-breaker counts. And, we own PITT.

Steelers being the number 1 seed doesn't matter to me, as long as we are atleast number 2.

It's KC I don't wanna visit.

Yes, KC is a tough environment; they've given Patriots troubles. That said, I'd rather face Andy Reid and Alex Smith in January than an explosive offense. Steelers have too many playmakers.

I thought we were on to Denver.:rolleyes::p

Meh, it's ok if fans look ahead and it's good to know what scenarios we should be rooting for if only to make non Pats games more interesting even if in the end those games don't matter at all.
You're right. TBH I play the HFA game in my head starting week two or three every year. I just thought I'd try to talk myself out of delving into the dark web to try to figure out all of the tie breakers.

Steeler's Schedule couldn't be any softer playing Three Teams who have lost their Starting QB's @ Colts sorry Jacoby vs Packers and @ Texans. We might have to win out to get #1 Seed.

Steeler's Schedule couldn't be any softer playing Three Teams who have lost their Starting QB's @ Colts sorry Jacoby vs Packers and @ Texans. We might have to win out to get #1 Seed.
actually we could lose one more as long as it is not the Steelers and the Chiefs lose at least one more. That gets us the one seed. I think that is very realistic. Obviously win out gets it.

I believe steelers with a fairly impressive 3-0 division record in the to our 1-0. They also have a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. That said, Pats take care of business from here out, we should still finish #2. #1 if we beat Pitt AND Baltimore gives them a game.
Kinda lame they threw all of our division games at the end, takes the fun outta those games.

PIT may have the 1 seed at the moment but the Pats are in complete control of their destiny for the top seed and that is what matters more.

actually we could lose one more as long as it is not the Steelers and the Chiefs lose at least one more. That gets us the one seed. I think that is very realistic. Obviously win out gets it.
Not much wiggle room. The Kansas City loss doesn't bother me as much as the Panthers because the refs inserted themselves into the outcome of that game. And I know the Steelers are ahead of us technically in the standings, but that Jacksonville loss was ugly and it feels like they may have another one or two of those in them this season.

I hate to play the "if everyone wins out" game when we are only halfway through the season, but.....

If NE beats Pittsburgh and loses exactly 1 other game, and
Pittsburgh wins out except for the NE loss, and
KC wins out....

then we have a 3-way tie which will come down to strength of victory. Now I don't believe all 3 teams are going to win all those games, but NE beating Pittsburgh and all teams finishing 12-4 would not be completely unheard of.....

The Pats are now in the driver’s seat for the #1 seed - they control their own destiny fully. They’re tied with just Pittsburgh at the top, and Pitt is technically on top due to irrelevant tiebreakers. But the Pats play Pitt this season and thus can beat them and stand alone at the top, assuming they win the rest of their games (not realistic, but that’s on the table currently.)
The Steelers are equally in control of their destiny.

Right now one loss puts the division back in play for BUF. Hopefully they keep winning games, doesn't matter how they do it.

Agreed about PIT's schedule. People rag on the AFC East but I don't recall the East ever being as terrible as the non Steeler teams in the AFC North right now.

I hate to play the "if everyone wins out" game when we are only halfway through the season, but.....

If NE beats Pittsburgh and loses exactly 1 other game, and
Pittsburgh wins out except for the NE loss, and
KC wins out....

then we have a 3-way tie which will come down to strength of victory. Now I don't believe all 3 teams are going to win all those games, but NE beating Pittsburgh and all teams finishing 12-4 would not be completely unheard of.....
if chiefs lose one more we would be 1 tho...

Right now one loss puts the division back in play for BUF. Hopefully they keep winning games, doesn't matter how they do it.

Agreed about PIT's schedule. People rag on the AFC East but I don't recall the East ever being as terrible as the non Steeler teams in the AFC North right now.
we get to take care of buffalo ourselves tho.. with the Chiefs that ship has sailed. We can control our division ourselves, and if we don't then it really didn't matter anyway.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back