PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Is The #1 AFC Seed right now, Steelers or Patriots ?

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I can't tell.
Thanks.

I believe steelers with a fairly impressive 3-0 division record in the to our 1-0. They also have a cupcake schedule the rest of the way. That said, Pats take care of business from here out, we should still finish #2. #1 if we beat Pitt AND Baltimore gives them a game.

The Pats are now in the driver’s seat for the #1 seed - they control their own destiny fully. They’re tied with just Pittsburgh at the top, and Pitt is technically on top due to irrelevant tiebreakers. But the Pats play Pitt this season and thus can beat them and stand alone at the top, assuming they win the rest of their games (not realistic, but that’s on the table currently.)

Steelers due to beating KC and the Pats getting tooled by them in Week 1.

I looked it up...actually goes:
H2H (we do play Pitt this year),
Conf record,
Common Games,
strength of victory
followed by some very obscure stuff.

Since we play H2H that is what matters

Too early to even discuss IMO. No offense.

That being said I can't say I'm not rooting against every AFC contending team out there.

Yes Pitt's schedule is a joke! They have the tendency to lose games like their game against the Colts next Sunday! I wouldn't count on it. I'm still hoping Jacoby can somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat and help Indy pull of the upset! As bad as the AFC North is I can very well still see them dropping one of their remaining games against either Baltimore or Cincy! I personally would love for the Pats to win out and finish 14-2! The only thing we can do at this point is let the cards fall where they may.

From this present vantage point, it does really seem that we do have to win out to beat Pitt. I know it's early, perhaps way too early, but that Pitt schedule really puts the pressure on the Pats... that is, if we want home field advantage throughout.

Yeah, that game in Pittsburgh really looms large at this juncture.

I can't tell.
Thanks.
Steelers because of a better conference record. However, since they are eventually playing each other H2H, conference record won't matter.

NOTE: If NE beats Pitt then in a 3-way tie with KC, conference record will matter. It just won't matter in a 2-way tie.

From this present vantage point, it does really seem that we do have to win out to beat Pitt. I know it's early, perhaps way too early, but that Pitt schedule really puts the pressure on the Pats... that is, if we want home field advantage throughout.

Yeah, that game in Pittsburgh really looms large at this juncture.
It happens ever year where we think we have to win out because we assume the opponent will win all their easy games and then every year teams lose games they should win. I am not ready to just hand Pittsburgh an 11-2 record for the NE game like others in here are. On any given Sunday.

From this present vantage point, it does really seem that we do have to win out to beat Pitt
Nah. If we beat them and they lose one more we could lose two and finish ahead of them. If we lose in Pittsburgh then, yeah, we would likely have to win out and that may still not be enough.

It happens ever year where we think we have to win out because we assume the opponent will win all their easy games and then every year teams lose games they should win. I am not ready to just hand Pittsburgh an 11-2 record for the NE game like others in here are. On any given Sunday.
We needed to gain 3 games on KC just 4 games ago ;)

Squeelers 4-1 in conference vs Patriots 3-1 in conference

Too early to even discuss IMO. No offense.

That being said I can't say I'm not rooting against every AFC contending team out there.

Meh, it's ok if fans look ahead and it's good to know what scenarios we should be rooting for if only to make non Pats games more interesting even if in the end those games don't matter at all.

I feel like Ben doesn't like his team. They have character issues

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back