PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is going to be this year's Matt Leinart as far as draft drop down goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last year's draft Matt Leinart was expected to go earlier than he did at #10 and I think he is going to be a very good QB within the next 3 years,but back to my question....

Which player in round one will be the guy that gets drafted later down the round than expected,Who will be the Matt Leinart or Vince Wilfork type of guy who goes lower than anticipated?

It seems every year an expected top five guy drops to mid teens or lower.

So who is it this year?

I expect Adrian Peterson to go lower than expected,not because of talent but needs of teams in the top 7 -On paper he should be at least a #3 pick but because those teams in the top 7 have needs bigger than RB ,I say he goes later than expected,about 5 spots down lower.

While we are on this subject who will go higher than expected?

Nelson. i've said it before..hes not a top 15 player. People project him top 15 but hes gonna go like 22-30

I'm going to go out on a limb and project ILB Patrick Willis. We don't hear too much about him since his combine and pro day workouts. If the Bills/Niners/Panthers/Giants don't take him, he just may fall to the Pats with the 24th selection.

Jemarcus Russell or Brady Quinn. One of them, whomever is not taken 1st of the two, could very well sliiiiiiiiiiiiide on draft day. I'd take Quinn of the two. Jemarcus scares me a bit. Quinn runs a pro offense, and is the more stable pick. I can't see how Detroit passes on Quinn. Not unless they think they can trade down and still get him. A flip with Tampa would be interesting, CJ to Tampa, but would Cleveland take Quinn? They might, but I guess if you're Detroit, you could then take Thomas and solidify your line for the next 12 years.

I expect Adrian Peterson to go lower than expected,not because of talent but needs of teams in the top 7 -On paper he should be at least a #3 pick but because those teams in the top 7 have needs bigger than RB ,I say he goes later than expected,about 5 spots down lower.

On Path to the Draft, Schefter predicted that if the Browns pass on Peterson, the OU RB could fall to #10 to Houston. Houston would then look to make a deal with RB-hungry Buffalo who sits two spots back at #12. The reason for the slip would be because Arizona at #5 has too much invested in E. James and Minnesota just signed Chester Taylor to a long term deal.

Quinn or Peterson, which I'm thinking will depend on which one of the two Cleveland opts for.

Based upon your criteria, I'm picking Ted Ginn Jr..

I think the last month or so his stock has dropped quite a bit based upon issues of durability, route running and whether he's as fast as advertised.

My belief is he will turn into an impact player and I think if he had not gotten injured during the championship, his threat would've kept that game a little closer and his value pre-draft would not have taken a hit.

We shall see.:D

If the rumors of Alan Branch having a hairline fracture in his lower leg are true, he could slip to the end of day one.

If the rumors of Alan Branch having a hairline fracture in his lower leg are true, he could slip to the end of day one.

Yeah, Peterson 'falling' to #9 doesn't seem like a big deal. Neither did the Leinart fall last year (5-6 spots from where the experts thought he could go). With 15 minutes to fill between picks they just talk about all the 'what ifs' so it worked out to 2-3 hours before Leinart got picked.

But Aaron Rodgers was a true fall. Branch could fall some 10-12 spots if his injury concerns are valid and they are really questioning his work ethic.

If waiting 4 hours to get picked in the NFL Draft is the worst you'll ever be 'disrespected' in life then sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News