PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has the best O-line in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB15

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
We all know the obivous answer of KC and the Seahawks, but are they really that good, are they overhyped? Im a big time football fan but really dont know all that much about alot of the o-lines of other teams other than the pats.

its fair to say the pats have a underrated oline but who else is out there? Broncos? Rams? what about the other teams in the afc east, Jets? Bills?

Just looking to stir up conversation, as for the pats not only are they underrated but have produced a solid line for the past 4 years now with little to no recognition

thoughts?

DB15 said:
We all know the obivous answer of KC and the Seahawks, but are they really that good, are they overhyped? Im a big time football fan but really dont know all that much about alot of the o-lines of other teams other than the pats.

its fair to say the pats have a underrated oline but who else is out there? Broncos? Rams? what about the other teams in the afc east, Jets? Bills?

Just looking to stir up conversation, as for the pats not only are they underrated but have produced a solid line for the past 4 years now with little to no recognition

thoughts?

Great question.. I think the Pats have an up and coming line.. All young players will multiyear deals..Two things to point out are:

1. Health of the OL. Koppen and Light need to stay healthy..
2. KC took a Hit with their OT's.. I think you will see them take a step back as a team in general.. (Herm Edwards is one of the worst coaches)

mcsully said:
Great question.. I think the Pats have an up and coming line.. All young players will multiyear deals..Two things to point out are:

2. KC took a Hit with their OT's.. I think you will see them take a step back as a team in general.. (Herm Edwards is one of the worst coaches)
I agree, I really like the pats line situation, its a good mix of players who are only getting better, and of course injuries will crack and squad.

To be fair to Herm he is more of a defence guy ..

Last edited by a moderator:
DB15 said:
To be fair to Herm he is more of a defence guy ..

Oh he isn't even that.. He is a DB coach that never took a good young player and made him stand out.. I've watched and gone to Jet games thru his reign (brother is a big jets fan with access to tkts) and I can't tell you how many times the guy would put his team in a bad position..

mcsully said:
Oh he isn't even that.. He is a DB coach that never took a good young player and made him stand out.. I've watched and gone to Jet games thru his reign (brother is a big jets fan with access to tkts) and I can't tell you how many times the guy would put his team in a bad position..
hahahaha Ill take your word for it

IMO, the Broncos.

Miguel said:
IMO, the Broncos.
I love how none of them to press, always did think that was pretty badass. They must do something right if they keep pushing out 1000 yard backs year after year

Last edited by a moderator:
DB15 said:
We all know the obivous answer of KC and the Seahawks, but are they really that good, are they overhyped? ...../quote]

KC Oline? use to be. Only two players from last year remain and Shields
has been hurt. Are they still one of the best Olines? Needs to be
reestablished after losing 3 players. IMO

Seahawks are still up there unless age starts to catch up. RG and Center
are ancient.

Denver's Oline for what they do is great. They are probably one of the
smallest Olines out there. But they are quick as Olines go.

You would have to look at the Bengal as one of the tops. Will know
better after PATs play them this year. Some of their guys are go back
to when Dillion first cam into the league but that line has played together
for several years. Age may creep up on them.

I like the PATs OLine a lot but I think it could be better.
At least a B+ as is.

JR4 said:
DB15 said:
We all know the obivous answer of KC and the Seahawks, but are they really that good, are they overhyped? ...../quote]

KC Oline? use to be. Only two players from last year remain and Shields
has been hurt. Are they still one of the best Olines? Needs to be
reestablished after losing 3 players. IMO

Seahawks are still up there unless age starts to catch up. RG and Center
are ancient.

Denver's Oline for what they do is great. They are probably one of the
smallest Olines out there. But they are quick as Olines go.

You would have to look at the Bengal as one of the tops. Will know
better after PATs play them this year. Some of their guys are go back
to when Dillion first cam into the league but that line has played together
for several years. Age may creep up on them.

I like the PATs OLine a lot but I think it could be better.
At least a B+ as is.

KC has only lost 2 - Roaf and Welbourn.

Waters, Wiegmann, and Shields remain.

Last edited:
mcsully said:

2. Keep Dante as coach

so do the colts have a top line as well?

manning was sacked least of any qb last year

DB15 said:

They can't be....Manning said they have "protection problems" so from Mannings mouth to the medias ears they can no longer be considered a top line.....Manning has spoken...

tdw777 said:
2. Keep Dante as coach

It's hard to imagine ... how GOOD a coach he has to be ... to survive, what is it now?
4, 5 HC changes !

I think the Eagles have the most underrated line in the league, they made a solid addition with Winston Justice who I think will turn out to be just as good as D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

DB15 said:

I agree. They had one game where Pitt missed with their heads and people remember them for it. They weren't bad at run blocking either.

KC are still great. They've added Kyle Turley, IIRC. Our O line is a work in progress. The pass protection is pretty good, but the run blocking didn't always work that well last year. If Neal can be more consistent and Kaczur/Gorin can contribute at RT, it should be productive again.

Bengals should be up there as Redskins when healthy

Last edited:
Gorin contribute at RT??? He was traded away after last week's game with Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft