PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has played great but hasn't got the publicity so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWelker

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
In my opinion James Sanders and Eugene Wilson have been terrific in the first two games of the season, they have made the plays coming up and stopped the run, Sanders tackle on LT last night was HUGE for us, and they have pretty much not missed any tackles yet this season, I was worried about this area with Rodney out, but Geno has played well and as long as he stays healthy I think this area will be a strength from here on out.

Who else do you guys think has been under the radar and playing well?

Sammy! Sammy!

Agree Wislon and Sanders have been great! I also nominate Kevin Faulk...he hasn't had many touches, but he picks up the blitz real well, and actually saved Brady on one play last night.

Definitely agree with Sanders and Morris.

I think Gay has played very well. I still don't think Warren gets the credit he deserves, and Jarvis Green performed as well.

Has to be Ben Watson. Lots of hard catches over the middle.

2 TDs in two games. He had only 3 in all of 2006.

R

It's always tough to say who's underrated, because depending on which direction you look you see different people being ignored.

A case could be made for any of Green, Wilfork, Warren, Sanders, Wilson, or Morris. Probably also Koppen and the RTs (I think Light and Mankins have gotten a reasonable amount of positive attention).

Sanders made some big stops on 3rd & 4th down last night. And don't forget Kyle Brady & Morris. Or Junior & Jarvis. This is a team where starters & subs step in & step up!

Has to be Ben Watson. Lots of hard catches over the middle.

2 TDs in two games. He had only 3 in all of 2006.

R

I was going to say that.

Junior Seau....He hasn't that much PT but when he is in there he has been around the ball alot ( and I don't care about the one penalty last week that put him on reiss down list)

I agree - Sammy and Eugene Wilson in my book.

I had a glass of milk with my breakfast this morning and Donte' Stallworth was on the side of the milk carton

Vrabel currently leads the league in sacks, and is one shy of reaching his sack total from last year (as a MLB).

That's way under the radar in my book!

Honestly, this team has just played so well the first couple games it's hard to single anybody out. I would agree that defensively it's been great to see the absence of Harrison & Seymour being covered so smoothly. When those guys come back, the additional depth will make this team truly frightening.

Jarvis Green and James Sanders

Dan Koppen

keepin it real in the middle

Randy Moss. Poor guy isn't getting any attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick