PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do we draft #3 overall ?

Get MHJr! You need him! He IS the best player in this draft and by far the best WR coming out of college over the past decade. The guy will make any QBs look good.
This QB class is deep and you will find value in the 2nd round.

You can definitely get a 6 wins a year QB in round 2 of this draft.

If Harrison is available at 3, we should take him. If Daniels is available at 3, but Harrison is not, we should use daniels to get the best possible trade down we can get. But it is imperative, we stay as far away from Daniels as possible!!!!

Just a thought but you said that if Harrison is NOT available at 3. Logically that means he was taken in the top 2.

This means that Drake Maye would be pushed down to #3. Even if you're not in love with Daniels, would you also pass on Drake Maye at the #3 pick with the assumption, as you said, that Harrision Jr went in the top 2 and thus is not available.

Just a thought but you said that if Harrison is NOT available at 3. Logically that means he was taken in the top 2.

This means that Drake Maye would be pushed down to #3. Even if you're not in love with Daniels, would you also pass on Drake Maye at the #3 pick with the assumption, as you said, that Harrision Jr went in the top 2 and thus is not available.
There’s no way NE would pass on both Daniels and Maye.

There’s no way NE would pass on both Daniels and Maye.

If they are both there, I agree choose the guy you like, and go for it.....my hesitancy is being left with one guy, and just talking him because we need a QB.

Right now they have a crisis at two position: QB and OT. Neither of this year‘s starting QBs has proven they are playoff caliber performers, I have my doubts that either Jones or Zappe will be anything more than a mediocre backup for anyone due to their lack of talent. They have essentially no starting caliber OTs signed for next season. Brown is not worth resigning due to his ****ty attitude and if they bring back Onwenu (I hope they do) they need someone better than him at RT, he is not good enough there to rely on.

I think Harrison is the best prospect in the draft but if they don’t fix the problems at QB and OT it would not make sense to me to take him. They need to take advantage of their high draft position and address those two crisis positions. My current preference is Williams, but I think he will go #1 or #2, remember Washington has a new owner and Williams is from DC). I’d be OK with any of Maye, Daniels, Alt, or Fashanu, and of those 4 my current opinion is that Alt is the surest to be good, Fashanu the guy with the highest ceiling, and Maye and Daniels (in that order) as the guys who would have the best possibility of helping this team immediately as it is currently constituted.
I agree after the '21 debacle of (Wilson, Lance, Fields and Jones) I am skeptical about taking a QB at #3. Consider trading back with Atlanta and picking up their 8th, 43rd and next years 1st & 2nd. If Fashanu was available at #8 would draft him.
There are big holes to fill on this team and this years draft seems to have quite a few WR's, TE's and receiving RB's who can fit into our new system.

I agree after the '21 debacle of (Wilson, Lance, Fields and Jones) I am skeptical about taking a QB at #3. Consider trading back with Atlanta and picking up their 8th, 43rd and next years 1st & 2nd. If Fashanu was available at #8 would draft him.
There are big holes to fill on this team and this years draft seems to have quite a few WR's, TE's and receiving RB's who can fit into our new system.

I understand being skeptical about QBs, specially after being burned last time, but we are going to need one, and as alot of people say they best place to get one is high.

I'm NOT saying they should 100% draft one, but if AvP/Mcadoo/The front office decide one of them is worth it, so be it.

I still agree that we are probably better off filling more holes this year.

The biggest hole is at QB. It doesn't matter what the rest of the roster looks like if we don't have a QB.

I dont believe in Daniels or Maye. And as much as I want Marvin Harrison Jr, I think the right move is probably to trade down if you can get the right package. If we can get #6, #39, #47, and a future 2nd from the Giants id take that deal. Use the picks to build the OL and take a shot at a WR.

#6 - OT Olu Fashanu
#34 - C Zach Frazier
#39 - WR Xavier Legette
#47 - OT Kingsley Suamataia
#68 - WR Roman Wilson
#104 - RB Bucky Irving

I think something similar to that would be my dream draft scenario right now.

I dont believe in Daniels or Maye. And as much as I want Marvin Harrison Jr, I think the right move is probably to trade down if you can get the right package. If we can get #6, #39, #47, and a future 2nd from the Giants id take that deal. Use the picks to build the OL and take a shot at a WR.

#6 - OT Olu Fashanu
#34 - C Zach Frazier
#39 - WR Xavier Legette
#47 - OT Kingsley Suamataia
#68 - WR Roman Wilson
#104 - RB Bucky Irving

I think something similar to that would be my dream draft scenario right now.

Great post. Don't need Frazier right now, J Andrews will be good, even if he is not great. In FA and the draft we need to fill holes, not upgrade positions. OT is two holes, TE is two holes, QB is a hole, WR is two holes, and RB is one or two holes. Center is not a hole.

Last edited:
Marv Harrison Jr.

A sure bet that pays dividends from day 1. GM Kraft took an OSU WR in 1996 that worked out OK and put axxes in the seats. Krafts best buddy GM Jerry Jones picked CD Lamb and never looed back. This isnt a Super Bowl team and you're likely picking relatively high next draft too.

Give Corky Jones one last chance with Marv, improved weapons and OL.

Marv Harrison Jr.

A sure bet that pays dividends from day 1. GM Kraft took an OSU WR in 1996 that worked out OK and put axxes in the seats. Krafts best buddy GM Jerry Jones picked CD Lamb and never looed back. This isnt a Super Bowl team and you're likely picking relatively high next draft too.

Give Corky Jones one last chance with Marv, improved weapons and OL.
A few things to point out.

1.) Harrison is the best player in this draft. If he is there at 3, you have to take him!

2.) jones has lost the locker room and there is no way he should be in a patriots uniform going forward!

3.) this team desperately needs a veteran qb in the qb room. I am not advocating bringing back hoyer. But assuming mayfield is franchised, minshew or brisset should be signed!

If Harrison is available at 3, we should take him. If Daniels is available at 3, but Harrison is not, we should use daniels to get the best possible trade down we can get. But it is imperative, we stay as far away from Daniels as possible!!!!

Can’t wait to see that Zappe to Harrison combo. Patriots definitely going places. Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal …..!gonna be cold, but they might win some games.

1.) Harrison is the best player in this draft. If he is there at 3, you have to take him!
100% agree

The Pats would have a star playmaker wrapped up for 4 years. You have to build a team for a QB to come to.
2.) jones has lost the locker room and there is no way he should be in a patriots uniform going forward!
Under a new regime with new offensive direction and a QB coach, Corkmiester could be salvaged.

3.) this team desperately needs a veteran qb in the qb room. I am not advocating bringing back hoyer. But assuming mayfield is franchised, minshew or brisset should be signed!
100% agree again

Id like to see Corky, a Vet and a 24 lower round draft pick as the Pats 3 QBs.

QB or Tackle this high can set that position for a decade plus. Wide Receivers have a shorter shelf life, in addition many want too much on the next contract and usually not worth it.
Nabors is pretty close to Harrison. MHJ had terrible contested catch %, struggled vs physical man coverage and broke almost no tackles with a pretty paltry Run after catch. Nabors might be a better pro.
But you still, IMO, got to take the franchise QB or Tackle before any WR. Even Moreso with the deepest WR prospect draft in a long time and high picks in rounds 2 and 3.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back