PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Player(s) would you NOT want to see taken at #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he falls to 7, but even if he did, I'd hope we traded or passed, but those out there who hope for McFadden make me cringe and shiver uncontrollably in a dark corner of my basement (OK, I don't have a basement but pretend with me)

If we took a Kicker or Punter at #7 I would be jumping off a roof.

Matt Ryan, Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis.

Not that I don't think that they are top-10 talent; it's just that you cannot draft someone #7 overall who may not start until 2010.

BTW, the FO will not draft Ryan; they just better not draft the other 2.

I also don't want McFadden, or any RB; nor do I want Mike Jenkins, or any CB not bigger than Ellis Hobbs. I also don't want one-dimentional OTs like Clady, Williams or Otah.

(Seriously, even if I wanted the player, post-pick trades don't work because of the rookie cap.)

Actually, the problem is not trading rookies per se, it's--as some people have suggested the Pats should do--trading rookies for picks only. If there aren't too many spots involved, you can do a trade like that; the net cost might be you're not able to sign one of your late draft picks.

I think the Rodgers-Cromartie kid is partially getting the primetime billing because of his Big Impact relative playing secondary for the Chargers. It's true the kid's physical skills and ballhawking ability are wonderful. (He is light at 180, though.)

People hear "Cromartie" and go all fuzzy like when my wife saw JFK Jr. at the beach in Newport, RI.

But I'm a little leery because of his playing at the Div. I-AA level. Maybe a few picks later in the round. But at #7? At the Senior Bowl he showed he belonged. But when he has to deal with sophisticated offenses he may be in over his head. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/Dominique-Rodgers-Cromarti.htm

But I bet the Patriots are very interested. Has he visited Foxboro? Yep, it's reported he will be:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4715

If I see the Pats take Colt Brennan at #7, I might sh!t myself.

Seriously, though, a TE at #7 would really bug me. And I just don't see McFadden being as great as everyone says. Those toothpick legs of his are going to have issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference