PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When's the last time you didn't feel "invested" in a SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It blows my mind to think anyone that calls themselves a sports fan could legitimately skip watching the super bowl.

Its the single greatest event in all of professional sports, idc if its BROWNS vs. LIONS my eyes are on the tv come super bowl sunday.

It's pretty funny that you should cite that particular Match Up ~ and correctly so, mind you ~ as perhaps the definitive example of Futility Versus Futility...Because the Browns Versus Lions Rivalry of the 50's was, in my Opinion, The Greatest Rivalry that this Great Game has ever seen.

From 1950 to 1957, they each won 3 World Championships...and were pretty much the only things stopping each other from winning more, as they met in the Championship Game 4 Times!! :eek:

Those were the days of Paul Brown...Otto Graham...Bobby Layne...and Night Train Lane!!
smiley_headbanger.gif

Not caring about a game because the only team you like isn't in it doesn't make you a sore loser

LOL, a disagree and a dislike on a simple, true statement.

I didn't watch SB48, had no interest in watching either team. I'm torn on SB50. I hate Carolina and Denver. I respect Peyton, and would have rooted for him against Seattle or Arizona. I suspect this game will be closer than people think.

I'm really only "invested" in the outcome of an SB if the Pats are in it.

I'm not obsessed enough with Manning-hatred to to pull against the Broncos because it would give him a second ring...I actually have the heretical view that Brady's legacy is all the greater because he usually had to get by Manning, one of the greatest ever to play the game, to get to the SB.

If Brady had just had to beat a bunch of Flaccos and Lucks and Rivers or Alex Smiths or whatever other pretenders or one hit wonders ended up in the playoffs, his legacy would not be as great as it is. Brady had to do better in the playoffs, year after year, than a guy who has put up the best Regular Season numbers of any QB in history to get to the six SB's in which TB has played. That will always be part of his legacy. I think it's time more of us respected that, as Peyton prepares to retire...I'm virtually certain that Brady does.

PS: I clearly wish the Pats were playing on Sunday, but I think that the team that lost to Denver two weeks ago would have had a very hard time beating the Panthers who beat Arizona two weeks ago...no way of telling what that would have meant this Sunday, as we will never know which Pats team would have shown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back