PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When's the last time you didn't feel "invested" in a SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot remember the last time the AFC team wasn't either the Patriots or a major rival. Since 2003, it's been us or Manning (4x), the Steelers (3x), or the Ravens. My rooting interest for the NFC to win typically goes from "don't really care" to outright obsessive hatred by kickoff.

Every SB we're not in..

Thats why I play SB squares.

Between the squares and my love for football, that keeps me interested.

I like watching the Panthers play, mainly their defense. I still cannot stand Cam Newton. On the flip side, I can't stand the Broncos and that phoney Manning. I'm not really invested in the game but would still prefer the Panthers to win. I'm already seeing stuff about Manning and how great he is and how big of a game this is for him, so I hope he loses. Then I will avoid NFL network for weeks so I don't have to see Newton do his stupid dances.

Uh whenever we aren't in it. Honestly I don't give a rats ass about this league aside from the Pats. I guess I was pleased when the Donks got their asses handed to them in SB 48 but often times I won't bother watching.

Uh whenever we aren't in it. Honestly I don't give a rats ass about this league aside from the Pats. I guess I was pleased when the Donks got their asses handed to them in SB 48 but often times I won't bother watching.

Agreed.

I hope to read that the Broncos and Manning got destroyed, but I won't find out by watching it.

You know the NFL* would love to get Manning another ring ala Ray Lewis, and that concerns me.

To me, I'm invested in every Super Bowl we're in, and every Super Bowl where there's a team I'm rooting against.

So amazingly, I'd say the last time that was the case would be Bucs Raiders..

I cannot imagine not being in invested in the Super Bowl.

01 ~ It's the Championship Game of The Greatest Sport on Earth.

02 ~ Every other Team is in direct Competition with the Patriots: In this case, even if I didn't detest the Broncos, detest Manning's BallWashing Brigade, and like the Panthers ~ despite their obnoxious QuarterBack ~ I'd be rooting for the Panthers because they've got less Rings.

I want the Day to come when we've got more Rings than anyone.

03 ~ I love FootBall. By far the Greatest Game on Earth.

It blows my mind to think anyone that calls themselves a sports fan could legitimately skip watching the super bowl.

Its the single greatest event in all of professional sports, idc if its BROWNS vs. LIONS my eyes are on the tv come super bowl sunday.

I felt pretty indifferent about the Harbaugh Bowl to be honest. As much as I dislike the Ravens, I didn't really care for that 49ers team either, and the whole Brother vs. Brother rhetoric was so overplayed. I still watched the game, and by the end was hoping San Fran won, but going in I didn't really care.

The thing is that for about 15 straight years, we enter the post-season with a realistic expectation the Patriots can be playing in the SB. And they have played in 40% of them.
When they are not there, I find it hard to get over the loss that quickly to give a damn about the SB, other than rooting against a team I dislike, which is now happening again.

We won't be watching. I am however timing my drive back from our weekend out of town to coincide with the game. There will be NO TRAFFIC. I can listen to the radio broadcast for updates.

it's almost as fun to root against a hated rival, so for the most part i have picked sides in every super bowl. the ones i didn't care too much about are steelers v seahawks, ravens v giants and rams v titans.

I agree with Andy Johnson. I will log on to the net to find the score in the fourth quarter and watch if as I expect Denver is getting killed. That worked for me when the Saints beat Denver

Remember the 1980's and early 1990's when the NFC team always won by a huge margin?
Those games were not very interesting.

It blows my mind to think anyone that calls themselves a sports fan could legitimately skip watching the super bowl.

Its the single greatest event in all of professional sports, idc if its BROWNS vs. LIONS my eyes are on the tv come super bowl sunday.

It can be the greatest, but this year it probably won't be. I don't care about either team playing in the game, and the only emotion I feel towards the NFL right now is hatred.

Game 7 of the World Series, that's an example of another sporting event that I love just as much as an exciting Super Bowl.

Obviously when the Pats are in it, my interest is a firm 100%. With them losing, and one team I don't really like vs a team I absolutely hate, its at about 68%. It might be more if Manning was better but I just don't see the Broncos winning. My prediction Panthers 27-16

Whatever general interest in the NFL I may have once had was flushed down the toilet along with any illusion of integrity the NFL front office once had. I never cared what happened for any of the WrestleMania events either, and right now that event has more competitive integrity than NFL football for me. Th whole league could fold tomorrow and I would be first in line at the victory parties.

every single one the pats were not in

if the pats are not in it, then its no different from any other game

the good news is that someone gets to lose.....hopefully big

I'm cheering for the Panthers, but that's because Cam and Luke have been two of my "more liked" players since they were drafted.

I'm also invested in the Super Bowl because I hope Manning lose. If he wins it will be a long offseason of "OMG MANNING SO GOOD TWO SUPER BOWLS MANNING CLEARLY BETTER THAN BRADY WHO IS CARRIED BY BELICHICK AND THE TEAM! MANNING IS GOAT!!!!" and I don't think any Patriots fans would want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes