PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When's the last time you didn't feel "invested" in a SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually root against the AFC team whenever the Pats aren't in it. Because that is usually the team that knocked the Pats out of the playoffs.

It blows my mind to think anyone that calls themselves a sports fan could legitimately skip watching the super bowl.

Its the single greatest event in all of professional sports, idc if its BROWNS vs. LIONS my eyes are on the tv come super bowl sunday.

Some sports fans have objections to watching sporting events where there are questions about how honest the competition is.

If the NFL* didn't put obstacles in the Pats' way, there is a good chance that the Pats are in the Superbowl.

At the very least the AFCCG is likely in Foxboro.

It's usually a rooting interest against the teams who beat the Pats so often the AFC rep in the Super Bowl. This is the most invested I've been in a non-Pats Super Bowl in a long time since I really want Manning to lose for a few reasons.

I will watch the SB and hope that Denver loses big or dramatically.

Beyond that my interest in football has changed. It's the first year I didn't really watch non-Patriot games or turned them off. I'm getting rid of our premium cable package because I no longer need the BSPN or the NFL networks. TNF is just junk. The NFL stripped away something away from the game for me. Don't know if it's the purity or whatever but I no longer believe that the NFL isn't trying to manipulate the outcome.

While I was doing a job in Canada I watched a sports documentary about the Saskatchewan RoughRiders. It was such a cool story about a team in a small football town of a hockey first country and how dedicated the fans are. They ended up winning the championship after that documentary. That's why I like sports. They should be nice real life entertaining distractions. The NFL now feels closer to WWE than anything else now a days.

I'm pretty sure I'll be skipping it too.

I agree with Andy Johnson. I will log on to the net to find the score in the fourth quarter and watch if as I expect Denver is getting killed. That worked for me when the Saints beat Indianapolis

Fixed it. And I'm not truly invested in this SB, but I will watch the whole game... Unless Denver somehow blows out the Panthers by halftime. Hoping that the panthers curb stomp the donkeys so I can see Manning face one last time!

It blows my mind to think anyone that calls themselves a sports fan could legitimately skip watching the super bowl.

Its the single greatest event in all of professional sports, idc if its BROWNS vs. LIONS my eyes are on the tv come super bowl sunday.
Dude if those teams were playing very well the Lions and the Browns would actually be an incredible Super Bowl. I love watching franchises who've struggled for so long finally get over the hump.

Look at us before Brady and BB.

To me, I'm invested in every Super Bowl we're in, and every Super Bowl where there's a team I'm rooting against.

So amazingly, I'd say the last time that was the case would be Bucs Raiders..

Although even during this game the Raiders were sort of a rival based on their cries following the Snow Game from 2001.

Although even during this game the Raiders were sort of a rival based on their cries following the Snow Game from 2001.
Then you'd have to go with Ravens Giants. I despise both franchises today, but had no problem with either back then.

Then you'd have to go with Ravens Giants. I despise both franchises today, but had no problem with either back then.

Weird how that happens, huh? To think I was actually rooting for the Giants in that game.

As for the Ravens, I know the rivalry has heated up big time lately, but I still can't 'hate' them. My only hatred is towards the Steelers, and with the Ravens it's one of those ......the enemy of my enemy is my friend...sort of deal.

I'll still watch it. It's the Super Bowl.

I can't fault the Broncos for beating us on their own home turf. We put ourselves in that position. We had numerous opportunities to grab home field and we dropped the ball each time. Even the AFCCG was winnable, but for some reason we felt the need to not work on the snap count. Mind boggling stuff this season from the Pats.

That being said, every year I expect the Pats to win one. If they don't, I get pissed for about a week after the game, then come to my senses. If we didn't win last year, I'd be angry, but it's tough to get mad when we won one of the greatest games in league history.

I think 2012 and 2013 I was the least invested since we made it to the AFCCG and lost. Plus it didn't help it was to the Ravens and Broncos. This year feels different. I feel like this is literally the last hurrah for Denver, clearly for Peyton, and if we can't be in the big game, at least he's got one final choke for us Pats fans to savor.

Every SB we're not in..

Thats why I play SB squares.

Between the squares and my love for football, that keeps me interested.
100% ditto for me.

I am by far in the minority here... I have money on Denver to beat the spread, but I always bet on the underdog... I will still be wearing my Pats apparel at a bar during the game :D
Commercials will be pretty sweet too! Only thing I am rooting for is to win money-

Every SB we're not in..

Thats why I play SB squares.

Between the squares and my love for football, that keeps me interested.

For some reason I completely forgot to get my SB squares.

I will watch the SB and hope that Denver loses big or dramatically.

Beyond that my interest in football has changed. It's the first year I didn't really watch non-Patriot games or turned them off. I'm getting rid of our premium cable package because I no longer need the BSPN or the NFL networks. TNF is just junk. The NFL stripped away something away from the game for me. Don't know if it's the purity or whatever but I no longer believe that the NFL isn't trying to manipulate the outcome.

While I was doing a job in Canada I watched a sports documentary about the Saskatchewan RoughRiders. It was such a cool story about a team in a small football town of a hockey first country and how dedicated the fans are. They ended up winning the championship after that documentary. That's why I like sports. They should be nice real life entertaining distractions. The NFL now feels closer to WWE than anything else now a days.

It'd be fun to watch Brady win another ring in spite of the NYJFL's attempt to rig the games, but once he's gone I am done with the NFL, for the reasons you stated.

I am by far in the minority here... I have money on Denver to beat the spread, but I always bet on the underdog... I will still be wearing my Pats apparel at a bar during the game :D
Commercials will be pretty sweet too! Only thing I am rooting for is to win money-

Same here. In all actuality, taking DEN+6 shouldn't be considered a "bad" wager by anyone. They have a tough defense and the ability to keep the game close. I may do the same thing.

I pretty much don't give a **** about any game not involving the Pats. I watch, but I hate the rest of the NFL so much that I have a hard time even summoning up a general enjoyment of the sport itself. Even to the extent that I care about Sunday's game, it's only in that I want Manning to lose so he can retire with a 1-3 SB record and to make damn sure that nobody ever tries to mention him in the same conversation with Brady again. If that wasn't at stake, I genuinely wouldn't care who won.

Same here. In all actuality, taking DEN+6 shouldn't be considered a "bad" wager by anyone. They have a tough defense and the ability to keep the game close. I may do the same thing.

It's definitely an unstoppable force meets unmovable object scenario. I think Carolina threw a lot of people off their scent when they 'only' beat Seattle by a touchdown after not scoring in the second half. I still think that's a misleading result, though: that game was an absolute beatdown, so the Panthers have absolutely annihilated two of the top 5 teams in the past couple weeks. And both of them are much better than the Broncos.

OTOH I get what you're saying, though. The Broncos have been winning games that they had no business even being in all year. It makes no sense and it's annoying as hell.

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey