PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Peyton wanted to get pulled in a blow out loss to the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot his cat fight with jeff saturday

It was interesting the change in Manning as he recalled he was mic'ed up. His behavior changed and he seemed to get surprisingly self-aware, even self-deprecating.

I don't care if there's ever another Peyton Manning thread or discussion on this board. He simply doesn't deserve to be thought about. I can't in good conscience call him a total fraud, but I'm damn tempted.

i wouldn't really make much of that incident. after all, it's not too much different from brady's sideline spat with bill o'brien:

I hate Manning as much as anyone, but I can hardly criticize a guy for having a heated conversation on the sidelines in the heat of battle. I seem to remember Brady having a couple of those himself....

I hate Manning as much as anyone, but I can hardly criticize a guy for having a heated conversation on the sidelines in the heat of battle. I seem to remember Brady having a couple of those himself....
The Giants D-Line talk about how hard Brady was on the OLine in the SB, cursing at them and calling them fat asses and such. BTW, does anyone remember where BB was in the Brady/O'Brien clip? I can't remember what his immediate reaction was, if any, when they no doubt panned to him at some point during or after the incident.

The Giants D-Line talk about how hard Brady was on the OLine in the SB, cursing at them and calling them fat asses and such. BTW, does anyone remember where BB was in the Brady/O'Brien clip? I can't remember what his immediate reaction was, if any, when they no doubt panned to him at some point during or after the incident.
in the last few seconds of that clip, you see belichick come in and say something to o'brien.

Anyone wishing to see another side of Peyton the ultimate teammate should go to PFT and read the blurb about him and his teammate's toothbrush. What a prince...

Probably watching his absolutely terrible 2011 defense let the Redskins drive up and down the field at will.

Remember when everyone was saying how Brady was second to P Manning and there is no other field general signal caller better than him to manipulate and counter opposing defenses?

Yeah I don't either! Brady-GOAT.

colts*manning* participation banner.

i wouldn't really make much of that incident. after all, it's not too much different from brady's sideline spat with bill o'brien:

A major difference in the two is that guys got in Mannings face to back him off vs. guys getting into Bobby's face and backing him off.

Sounds like Arians is confused about the details. The Colts didnt trail tbe Patriots badly in either game in 1999. The first game the Colts took a 14 point lead into the 4th quarter before the Pats came back to win by 3. And the Colts won the second game after leading almost the entire game

Florio posted it was 1998.
When Peyton Manning wanted to be pulled from a blowout, Bruce Arians refused

Week#2, Sept 13th 1998 The Patriots defeated the colts 29-6.

The year really don't matter. The real story is Mr Potato Head gave up & Arians did what Dungy would never do. He stood up to Peyton.

A major difference in the two is that guys got in Mannings face to back him off vs. guys getting into Bobby's face and backing him off.
another major difference is that jeff saturday and peyton manning were both veterans who had already played together for 7 years when that argument occurred in 2005. they were essentially equals on the team in terms of leadership.

brady was an 11-year vet who was yelling at a third-year journeyman player (first year player with the patriots) in tiquan underwood for apparently running the wrong route in the end zone causing the ball to get intercepted. bill o'brien basically defended underwood by calling out brady and saying that it was his fault for throwing the interception.

again, i don't think it's a big deal either way, but trying to look at those two incidents objectively, i don't think brady looks better than manning.

I don't care if there's ever another Peyton Manning thread or discussion on this board. He simply doesn't deserve to be thought about. I can't in good conscience call him a total fraud, but I'm damn tempted.

He's not a fraud. He's the second best QB of his era, and that's real.

That he is...he set all kinds of records. He won a couple of Super Bowls albeit more to the work of his team than him, particularly. He got his face plastered all over media platforms hawking everything from a jimmy eyed joe to damn if I know. He's a hero to every "aw shucks" cornpone country hillbilly from West Virginny to Hamhock Ridge, Arkansas.

and he's an UNREPENTANT sexual assault artist that has yet to feel the sting of justice.

**** him.

He's not a fraud. He's the second best QB of his era, and that's real.
Hence why I stop just short of calling him a total fraud. But for all his regular season prowess, you have to admit the man was a bum in the playoffs and that's where it really counts. And that's real, my friend.

and he's an UNREPENTANT sexual assault artist that has yet to feel the sting of justice.

**** him.

Hmm, reminds me of someone else.

belichick came and separated brady and o'brien after o'brien went after brady a second time. and yes, brady is a trashtalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes