PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When not to boo a guide for the clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I remember watching on TV the first Red Sox Yankees game in Fenway after 9/11. When the Yankees were cheered not booed. B/c the Boston fans knew that somethings matter more than hating the Yankees.

I remember watching on TV the Saints "home game" against the Giants at the Meadowlands and the fans booing the homeless Saints. I never though less of a fan base than that day.

Every year the pass, punt and kick children are honored. This is the first year they have been booed.

If your defensive back makes a hard sack on the opposing teams QB you should cheer. Once it is appears that the guy is not getting up you should stop. Cheer good plays not injuries.

Boston fans have not always been perfect, but Indy has no clue.

I remember watching on TV the first Red Sox Yankees game in Fenway after 9/11. When the Yankees were cheered not booed. B/c the Boston fans knew that somethings matter more than hating the Yankees.

I remember watching on TV the Saints "home game" against the Giants at the Meadowlands and the fans booing the homeless Saints. I never though less of a fan base than that day.

Every year the pass, punt and kick children are honored. This is the first year they have been booed.

If your defensive back makes a hard sack on the opposing teams QB you should cheer. Once it is appears that the guy is not getting up you should stop. Cheer good plays not injuries.

People say otherwise, but I honestly do not believe Pats fans would boo a PP & K kid regardless of whose uniform he/she was wearing. Even our drunks are classy enough to distinguish between "rival team" and "child."

Last edited:
This just isn't true. I remember some boy in a Steelers jersey for the same PPK thing getting booed in the playoffs about 4-5 years ago. This really is much ado about nothing. People need to get over it, they weren't booing the kid, they were booing the jersey. I'm 100% convinced we would have done the same thing.

I agree with you on the Saints thing. That was pretty bad.

This just isn't true. I remember some boy in a Steelers jersey for the same PPK thing getting booed in the playoffs about 4-5 years ago. This really is much ado about nothing. People need to get over it, they weren't booing the kid, they were booing the jersey. I'm 100% convinced we would have done the same thing.

I agree with you on the Saints thing. That was pretty bad.

I'm with you. I could care less if some kid or jersey gets booed. That stuff is cutesy garbage, it deserves boos. I guess I'm a PP&K Scrooge.

Ah-hah, so YOU'RE to blame! Too many beers. Lay off the poor kids next time.

This kind of behavior is representative of the fan base around here. Totally ingorant. I never really hated the Colts much until I moved here and was floored by the ignorance of the fans. What they did to that girl was shameful.

Ah-hah, so YOU'RE to blame! Too many beers. Lay off the poor kids next time.

You kidding me... I'd boo Mother Theresa if she was wearing a Steelers jersey.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this young woman was aware that the crowd was booing her jersey and not her personally. She seemed pretty amused by it. I just wish she'd pulled a Mariano Rivera and gave the crowd a big smile and friendly wave (with all fingers not just the middle one.)

PS -- I think I'd feel differently if she were a little kid.

I'm all for trashing other teams and fans, but come on. I think it was done in a comical way, and it looked like the girl took it as such. Wringing your hands and saying how shameful it was seems silly. I think all fanbases would do something similar to a kid wearing the rival's jersey. Hell, I bet she was sort of proud of it!

she should've flipped those fans off vick style.

It isn't so much that they booed her. It's that they are supposed to be classier
than Patriot's fans so for that they get marked down big time! ;)

This really is much ado about nothing.
Thousands of people booing a child for wearing a jersey is sick. Something is wrong with you if you think what happened in the RCA dome was much ado about nothing. I'm glad I don't know you personally.

I'm 100% convinced we would have done the same thing.
Just because you'd do it doesn't mean everyone else would. I have to believe that booing a 14 year-old girl would not be done here or anywhere else, that it was just an aberration where some slimeballs started booing and other people got caught up in it without thinking. I would have thought that the majority of booers are now ashamed and wish they hadn't. But listening to you, I guess there will always be people who think it is not a big deal to put a 14 year old girl in front of 60,000 people and have booes rain down on her.

You'll pardon me if I go outside now and spit in the direction of Tewksbury.

I'm amused that you got your panties in such a bunch over this. Anyways....GFY.

Thousands of people booing a child for wearing a jersey is sick. Something is wrong with you if you think what happened in the RCA dome was much ado about nothing. I'm glad I don't know you personally.

Well I guess something is wrong with me too, because I too think unless it's done with malice it's no big deal at all boong a 14 year old. But I do echo your last sentiment, I am glad I don't know you personally :)

Seriously, though, calling a 14 year old a "child" who needs to be protected from the world as much as a 6 year old is ludicrous.

I'm pretty sure this young woman was aware that the crowd was booing her jersey and not her personally. She seemed pretty amused by it. I just wish she'd pulled a Mariano Rivera and gave the crowd a big smile and friendly wave (with all fingers not just the middle one.)

PS -- I think I'd feel differently if she were a little kid.

No question she was amused. This was not some life scarring incident. And also turned her 30 seconds of fame into 1 day of fame. None of us would know Anna Grant's name if she wasn't booed.

But just because she didn't break down into tears over it doesn't make it less wrong.

And I am sure at every stadium at least a few idiots boo the kids wearing the rival teams jersey.

But that doesn't change the fact the booing was so loud that it could be clearly heard on the TV and was not drowned out the random talking that was going on during the ceremony. Which means that it is not just a few drunk idiots, it is the majority of the Colt fans who have no class.

TRUE STORY: It was the autumn of '02. I was at the Hanover Mall. A young mother comes by, and her little girl was in the stroller. She couldn't have been more than a year old. She was wearing Patriots clothing. Very cute. Mother Theresa comes by (a known Saints fan, as somebody has pointed out). She effing flips the baby carriage over! FLIPS IT OVER! So, please nobody tell me what they would do if Mother T. wore a Steelers jersey, because she's not exactly the best example to use. P.S. - There were Colts fans standing there when this happened and they cheered her. If I'm lyin' I'm dyin'!!!!

You can hear her story tonight at 11:00pm on Boston's channel 4 (wbz). They are interviewing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore