PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

when is brady going to speak up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gisele do the talking for Tom lol

honestly, don't care if they blast the ref or not, if anything I want them to sue the league if possible or file a complain

I don't believe there is anything to be gained by speaking up as others have done. In fact, I believe that, if anything, there is an element of risk involved. Revealing true feelings about the situation carries with it the risk of repercussions from the league, owners and, possibly, the replacement officials. Venting usually makes one feel better in the short term, but, in this case, probably accomplishes little else. If I'm a regular ref, I'm not budging an inch because recent events have provided me with all of the leverage. Unless the league is prepared to capitulate to the refs demands, this isn't likely to be resolved soon. God, I hope I'm wrong.

Because replacement refs or no replacement refs, Brady would know throwing for just ONE touchdown in a game isn't acceptable...and that's HIS fault, not the officials. Maybe Rodgers should be a true leader and be quiet about it and admit his own flaws in that game before he goes about bad mouthing other people.

Rodgers threw ZERO TDs on the day...worse than Brady's one...and a meagre 223 yards. He hasn't exactly played like the reigning NFL MVP so far this season. Maybe he should apologise for his sub par play which is tarnishing the product on the field.

Brady has developed a very specific personna and "brand", some call it a company man.. others see it as focusing on the next team..

Unless there is something very obvious happens that causes the Pats to lose a game, do not see much possibility of Brady ascending some bully pulpit..

OTOH what happened to Rogers team, did not happen to Brady's team.. comparing raisins to grapefruit..

If Rodgers isn;t focusing on the saints and still going on about the Seahawks he's hurting his team.

Someone rightly said earlier that Bradys focus is on Buffalo.

I'm happier that he is

Brady would tell you throwing only one TD or even none is acceptable. What isn't is scoring only 12 points.

I think part of what is lost in the shuffle over all the ref angst is exacerbated because GB isn't living up to media and fantasy fanboy expectations and this travesty that occurred the other night is allowing many upset individuals to shift the focus and blame. Kudos to McCarthy for at least admitting he's accountable for failing to adjust his game plan throughout the first half. Not that the one he adjusted to worked all that much better. And it's unfortunate for him that Rodgers hasn't reacted the way Brady does in following his HC's lead. Somehow the karma effect in NO being ofer has resulted in less shock at their standing. I think in both cases you have teams and fans and media developed expectations based on pure hubris based in large part on assumptions made about the talent particularly at the QB position. One reason Brady hasn't even managed a sub double digit winning season since 2002 is total lack thereof. He doesn't even subconsciously smirk at all the smoke that periodically gets blown up his skirt. Nor does he react defensively when criticized. He actually dismisses it all the noise and focuses on getting better at something every season and elevating the play and production of everyone surrounding him. That's why even though he's only managed to win 3 and compete in 5 superbowls in the last decade...he's consistently helped this team remain in serious contention throughout the decade.

There is a world of difference between expectation and hopeful determination that is what sets Brady apart from most of his so called peers not to mention successors. He never makes excuses, he is publicly beyond accountable and privately incredibly demanding, although he also knows how to balance egos in the process. He even has a healthy one of his own. Just a long littany of the many intangibles that seperate him from the rest of the measurables heavy pack. One or another of whom is periodically nipping at his heels in the opinion of mediots and fantasy fans. If it ever comes to it Belichick will find him to be the one player it is virtually impossible to replace in his system and scheme for that reason.

Rodgers and even Brees should be penning thank you notes to those whose offenses have basically provided them a cover to hide behind and indirectly gotten them off the hook... One of them is going to need a lot more cover after this coming weekend and both should probably be praying for a protracted lockout.

Brady has developed a very specific personna and "brand", some call it a company man.. others see it as focusing on the next team..

Unless there is something very obvious happens that causes the Pats to lose a game, do not see much possibility of Brady ascending some bully pulpit..

OTOH what happened to Rogers team, did not happen to Brady's team.. comparing raisins to grapefruit..

Not really. It's happened to Brady's team more than once, albeit not on a dramatically officiated hail mary (on which fwiw in 87 that have occurred in the last 5 years never once has PI been called - although had it been being called against us by regular refs wouldn't have surprised most of us). Brady probably internally roils because that's human nature. But he would compose himself within short order and face the media horde intent on baiting him with his stardard response that it never should have come to that because we had opportunities and we failed to capitalize on them throughout the game leaving points on the field instead of putting them on the board.

I would rather he just concentrate on the game to be honest. MoLewisRocks sums it up pretty well why.

Something rodgers and flacco need to realize, and something Brady / Peyton already know, and which Eli seems to know, is that being an Elite QB isn't just about having great stats, its about being a leader.

Every time I see Flacco come out and say he is elite, and then after every loss boo hoo the refs cost us the game.

Rodgers got shut down, and the packers kicked 4 field goals.

Brady knows this, Peyton knows this, Eli Knows this. Its not a one play league, you don't just go out there and blame people every time you lose, you get better and you fix the mistakes that put you in that position.

Rodgers was the victim. He was supposed to react the way he did!

He ignores the previous 59 min of terrible play by his team and chooses to call out the officials on the last 15 seconds?

Give me a break here, he's being a poor looser and needs to shut the hell up.

I don't want any of our guys acting like this - He sounds like a cry baby - Like he's the first QB to ever find himself on the wrong side of a bad call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore