Welcome to PatsFans.com

When did the TBC got 5 of his sacks in one game myth start?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,372 / 25 / -7

I constantly hear on the radio hosts disqualify TBC's sacks because five came in one game against the Bills. Yes, five of TBC's sacks came vs. the Bills, but it was in two games. I heard Christopher Price spread that myth again on WEEI.

Yes, the fact that half his sacks came vs. the Bills is not a great thing to prove him as a consistent pass rusher, but it isn't like it is because he got half his sacks in a fluke game where he got five.

2. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Oddly that 6 of Asante's ten picks in 2006 came against guys who couldn't retain starting QB positions thereafter was an oft under apprecaited stat in the alternative. What it means is a guy is probably pretty good though not necessarily hypeworthy elite. Mediots feel more comfortable predicting elite play from players hyped as such.

3. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +195 / 3 / -2

Who knows? I actually heard someone say the Pats' defense is "too old" the other day.

4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hate stupid stats like this.

Tully was one of our best defensive players last year and without a doubt our best pass rusher. He did a good job and had a good year. That's all that really needs to be said.

Also, I'm sure if you broke down every double digit sacker in the NFL, they'd have a lot of their sacks against worse teams. It's not just Banta-Cain.

5. patsnz

patsnz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That was Tiki Barber on yahoo.com, some of these "analysts"....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.