PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whatever happened to James Sanders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I had high hopes for him, and Reiss talked him up before and during training camp. I saw him on STs but haven't seen him take many (if any) snaps on defense.

SoonerPatriot said:
I had high hopes for him, and Reiss talked him up before and during training camp. I saw him on STs but haven't seen him take many (if any) snaps on defense.

After Wilson and Harrison went down, Scott and Hawkins were the first guys in (although Scott started at CB, then Hobbs came in.)

If one of those guys went down, I'm sure we'd see Sanders in one way or another.

I think BB is still grooming Sanders, but feels Scott and Hawkins are the better option at this point:

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=audionewsdetail&pid=22262&pcid=85

Q: Without Eugene [Wilson] or Rodney, who did those responsibilities fall to?
BB: Chad [Scott] and Artrell [Hawkins].

Q: Do you feel like part of the defense improving was those four guys getting a little more comfortable with that alignment?
BB: I don't know. It's not like the Colts ran 50 different formations...

Q: Given the circumstances, did you feel like Chad did a decent job?
BB: Yeah, I do. Chad is very professional. He works hard. He knows what's going on. He's a real pro. You can give Chad a lot of different things to do and he's always prepared. He kind of takes a lot of personal pride in it and he's a guy that we all have a lot of confidence in, as does Artrell. They’re two of our best.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:

After that missed tackle on Walker against Denver on the sidelines, he just kept running and no one has seen him since.

Sanders is looking more like Dexter Reid and Gus Scott than Lawyer Milloy. Too bad. Along with LB, DB is definitely a "need" position for 07.

Thanks for that excerpt from the BB pressconf !

SoonerPatriot said:
I had high hopes for him
Me too. I saw number 36 on a couple kickoff coverages, but am surprised at his lack of playing time. And now BB signed a FA safety. I don't know what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST