PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was the scariest moment for you in the 2006 Patriots season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what you are saying is that BB should KNOW that scumbags like Bobby Wade are going to purposely go at Rodney's knees so BB should bench Rodney for all games except when they are critical?

Give me a frigging break. The Pats wanted home field advantage and needed a win against the Titans to get that. There is no way that BB or anyone else could have know what a cheating team Jeff Fisher runs there. Fisher's teams hadn't been known for playing dirty like that.

BB knows that when a player is on the field he risks injury. Doesn't matter if the opponent is trying to play dirty or not.

In 2005, the Pats wanted to play the Jaguars and not the Steelers because the Steelers were the hottest team in football going into the play-offs. That is why Belichick "rested every key player" against the Phins.

In 2006, the Pats didn't control their destiny because of losing to the Colts earlier in the season. But they damn well made it hard for the Colts to get the seeding they wanted by the Pats winning the game against the Titans.

So, in your opinion, Belichick played scared in '05 and made it harder on the Colts to beat the Pats....by losing Rodney Harrison?

So, in your opinion, Belichick played scared in '05 and made it harder on the Colts to beat the Pats....by losing Rodney Harrison?

I think what DaBruinz is saying is that BB essentially played the best case scenario game regarding the Colts. He kept the starters in to beat the Titans in hopes that the Colts would drop their last game and finish 11-5. That would have left us 12-4, meaning if/when they played the Colts in the post season, the game would have been at The Razor because of the regular season records.

I'm not sure what to make of 05, but The Steelers were the hottest team at the time.

Without a doubt, the scariest part of the 2006 season was trying to get my luggage at Logan with my two little kids.

I think what DaBruinz is saying is that BB essentially played the best case scenario game regarding the Colts.

Ok, say the Colts did lose to Miami and the Pats/Colts meet in the AFC title game at Gillette. The Pats still don't have Harrison.

Best case would have been rest the key guys, somehow beat the Titans and have Indy lose to Miami, then face Indy with a relatively healthy unit at home in the AFC title game.

Worst case would have been lose a key guy against the Titans, not get the 3 seed and face Indy on the road without said player.

We got the worst case scenario.

Besides the second half of the AFCCG, when Brady was sacked by a Jet to end the regular season game, that's when I thought our SB chances weren't too good. We had just losted two games in a row for the first time in what seemed a thousand years. Before those two losses the team wasn't playing at its best either.

I was never really scared for any of those moments... instead I was really pissed!!!! especially all the injury moments. When Brady got hit, I was super pissed... I almost kicked the TV but then Brady got up pretty quickly so my Tv was all set haha :)

Regular season: when Seau broke his arm. The Brady hit scared the hell out of me but I knew he was going to be ok. I knew as soon as I saw Seau's arm act like jellythat he was gone for the season.

Overall: The entire second half of the Colts game. It was like a bad dream that I couldn't wake up from.

I knew it was bad because he actually had made a nice hit on the play, but instead of springing up and throwing the fist pump like he does every time he kept laying there, and right away I knew it wasn't going to be okay.

And yeah... I watched that game with two of my closest friends who were both pulling for the Colts, and they were absolutely devastated during the first half, I kept halfheartedly consoling them by saying "aw, it's not over yet, it's only the first half, etc". Then, after that turned out to be exactly right, I'll never forget wanting to just beat the hell out of them as they went wild at every stage of the comeback.

As for the exact moment, when the Colts O-lineman picked up the fumble on the goal line for the TD just like we had done in the first half. When I saw that I still kept cheering and hoping, but somehow I knew we were done.

When we were up 21-3 to the Dolts. I just knew we would somehow blow it. Just didnt feel like the other AFC championship games. Sure when Tom got hurt I was like well our season is over, but then I saw him get up and I knew we would be fine. I was pretty pissed that right when we got Harrison back he got hurt again in the Titans game. We played alot without him the last two years.

When we were up 21-3 to the Dolts. I just knew we would somehow blow it. Just didnt feel like the other AFC championship games.

The words "too good to be true" kept running through my head. The 2006 Pats hadn't dominated a good team all year long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back