PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What to do........(Training Camp)

Pats0204

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Supposed to head down to Training Camp today with my two boys, ages 6 and 4. They've been talking about it for weeks. I'm just not sure what to do with this weather and all. The HOTLINE doesn't have any updates and it seems as though practice will go on. My concern is driving the 2 hours to get there only to have it moved inside to the Dana Farber Fieldhouse. Anyone have any inside info / suggestions etc.?

Saw this on a BSPN article:
Rain is potentially in the forecast. In the event the Patriots move the practice inside the Dana-Farber Fieldhouse, it would be closed to the public. For fans considering coming to practice, check the team's training camp hotline at 508-549-0001 before departing.
Not sure how that would factor in to your 2 hour drive.

Go and if it is moved inside, hit the hall and the pro shop. Maybe grab lunch at CBS or Red Robin. They'll still have a great time.

FWIW:

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 36m
Bill Belichick traditionally doesn't move practice inside due to rain unless there is lightning. Likes team to practice in elements.

Thanks all. The boys decided they wanted to pass today (WIMPS) :)

We'll probably go tomorrow.

Fans lining up already!:

BQGJIRkCMAIS5IA.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/360720220404461569/photo/1

Facing a similar predicament myself where I love going to camp but would hate to go just to be informed it's moved inside.

Update from Reiss:

‏@MikeReiss
Just spoke with a Patriots official who said this morning's practice will be held outside, as planned.

Mike Reiss has just tweeted that it will be outside as planned. Take that FWIW ...

Supposed to head down to Training Camp today with my two boys, ages 6 and 4. They've been talking about it for weeks. I'm just not sure what to do with this weather and all. The HOTLINE doesn't have any updates and it seems as though practice will go on. My concern is driving the 2 hours to get there only to have it moved inside to the Dana Farber Fieldhouse. Anyone have any inside info / suggestions etc.?

A weather site that may be helpful is Weather Forecast & Reports - Long Range & Local | Wunderground | Weather Underground . With a little time to get familiar with where to find pertinent information you can get more insight of your particular weather prospects (zip code specific) than is often given by the mediots. That site also has a desktop widget that is helpful at a glance. Link to the WunderMap and get virtually a real time view of your weather. Currently it looks like Foxboro is kind of between 2 big rain bands from the off shore storm and there looks to be more drizzle than rain for a while.

Plan ahead and pick a day that is going to be slightly overcast or sunny but cool (in July/Aug ?) and take it off from work. :)

Bring the kids and enjoy the day !! Plenty for the kids to do and see before practice outside the training field. Maybe even stand in line for a cheerleader autograph for the kids ;)

Pats HOF, Pro shop and the Bass Pro Shop to end a perfect day.

Have fun !!

Per the CBA players cannot wear pads the first two days of practice. Combine that with typically very large crowds for the first practices being open to the public, and I personally would recommend waiting until at least Monday to go. For whenever you do reschedule keep in mind that weekdays are obviously not as crowded as weekends.

For those hot sunny days, grab a spot under a tree on the EZ hillside.

Rolling old men/ladies down the hill for a tree spot is not allowed :rolleyes:

A weather site that may be helpful is Weather Forecast & Reports - Long Range & Local | Wunderground | Weather Underground . With a little time to get familiar with where to find pertinent information you can get more insight of your particular weather prospects (zip code specific) than is often given by the mediots. That site also has a desktop widget that is helpful at a glance. Link to the WunderMap and get virtually a real time view of your weather. Currently it looks like Foxboro is kind of between 2 big rain bands from the off shore storm and there looks to be more drizzle than rain for a while.

is this supposed to be a joke or something?

this is NEW ENGLAND...you don't like the weather...wait five minutes. The biggest thieves in New England are the network weathermen....90% fail rate.

is this supposed to be a joke or something?

this is NEW ENGLAND...you don't like the weather...wait five minutes. The biggest thieves in New England are the network weathermen....90% fail rate.

That's my point...look at the satellite time lapse and make your own call. It won't be worse than the drivel drooled by the media. Poo poo my suggestion all you want...and don't even check it out for all I care. I know this, I can check the satellite time lapse and make good calls on dodging the rain bullet. Example: If we want to go water skiing and there are rain clouds around, I can check the site and know which end of the lake will not have rain and make a good guess about how long before the rain will be on top of us.

Just tryin' to be helpful. What are you trying to do? (Rhetorical question).

Go and if it is moved inside, hit the hall and the pro shop. Maybe grab lunch at CBS or Red Robin. They'll still have a great time.

Or fans could patronize one of the great small locally owned eateries in the Foxboro area. Don't think Kraft needs any more $

I commercial fish out of Charlestown RI...that's what I do. I think I know a little bit more about OUR weather than some clown on a man made "lake" in central Florida.

JO, Do you do any recreational fishing or is that like a postman taking a walk on his day off?

BB said in an interview that they won't and really can't move practices inside with 90 players on the team.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back