PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What should the punishment be for the Eagles?

No punishment unless you want to go back through decades to punish a lot of teams. Starters sit every year when their team has clinched. How many teams playoffs hopes were dashed because if that?

I'm old and stupid....I can't figure out what the login "CamtoHarryGOAT" signifies. Anybody have an idea? Is this supposed to an insult?

It's kinda like a palindrome. Hairy Cameltoe.

News reports and interviews with players show that many are po'ed w Pederson and stating so publicly ......
I don't think they are having lots of fun now........

That was definitely NOT in the NFL's best interest, but it would be a bad precedent to punish a team for managing the team or game differently than they would want.

Would we be happy with Goodell punishing the Pats for benching Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl?

I'm old and stupid....I can't figure out what the login "CamtoHarryGOAT" signifies. Anybody have an idea? Is this supposed to an insult?
I'm saying that Cam Newton/NKeal Harry is the greatest QB/WR duo of all time. It's a sarcastic dig meant to highlight that they are both frustratingly awful. Cam may have been the worst starter in the NFL last year and Harry will be out of the NFL in a few years.

That was definitely NOT in the NFL's best interest, but it would be a bad precedent to punish a team for managing the team or game differently than they would want.

Would we be happy with Goodell punishing the Pats for benching Malcolm Butler in the Super Bowl?
Better for that than under inflated balls

I think it's a bit disingenuous to equate benching players in the Superbowl for (alleged) misconduct, or resting starters for the playoffs, with pulling your QB to lose for draft picks.

I don't think we need to worry about a slippery slope. Everyone is capable of differentiating the two.

I think it's a bit disingenuous to equate benching players in the Superbowl for (alleged) misconduct, or resting starters for the playoffs, with pulling your QB to lose for draft picks.

I don't think we need to worry about a slippery slope. Everyone is capable of differentiating the two.
To this day, BB still maintains it was completely game related.

Pederson says he was still trying to win the game.

I don't believe either of them.

I forget, did the NBA once punish the Spurs for resting players during much-anticipated national TV matchup?

I'm saying that Cam Newton/NKeal Harry is the greatest QB/WR duo of all time. It's a sarcastic dig meant to highlight that they are both frustratingly awful. Cam may have been the worst starter in the NFL last year and Harry will be out of the NFL in a few years.
Well, Cam to Harry is not Brady to Moss, unless it's happening in one of the other 10 ^500 universes hypothesized in string theory.

dont think there should be any punishment, they're already being punished by being a complete and total embarrassment that everyone is shaming

Reason you dont want to punish for stuff like this is because its just a strange area to start getting into.. you cant prove that he was throwing the game, even tho we all basically know he was, but you just dont have concrete proof unless there are emails or something specifically outlining the plan to do that

Granted, its not like the NFL has ever been shy about issuing punishments with no evidence

dont think there should be any punishment, they're already being punished by being a complete and total embarrassment that everyone is shaming

Reason you dont want to punish for stuff like this is because its just a strange area to start getting into.. you cant prove that he was throwing the game, even tho we all basically know he was, but you just dont have concrete proof unless there are emails or something specifically outlining the plan to do that

Granted, its not like the NFL has ever been shy about issuing punishments with no evidence
I wasn’t a fan of our team being punished for something in which they had no evidence nor any precedence of any type of punishment beforehand. I wouldn’t be fan if this happened to another team.....except for the jets, Colts, or Ravens.

Sure I'll bet. Keyshan was just on WEEI and his response was, so what? He was doing what was best for his team and franchise. Dude played in the NFL and was pretty high profile iirc. As I posted, if I'm on a long term contract and that 6th pick is a stud that helps me win going forward, I don't give one bleep. Also, useless game, protect Hurts from getting hurt and it all is good to me.

well by that logic, keyshawn must be cool with spygate and deflate cuz brady and bb were just doing what's best for the team and franchise. personally, i think both were a joke but goodell and the integrity of the games is the utmost...right ?? and i'd much prefer my team cheat to win then cheat to lose

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back