PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Kraft Should Have Done This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJC

I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of coming out and surrendering to the league after he was cornered at the ownership meeting and told by the other owners that there was no exit, Kraft should have taken the podium and said the following:

<ORIGINAL SPEECH BEGINS WITH THIS>
It’s been an emotionally charged couple of weeks, as all of you know. I’ve been considering what my options are. Throughout this whole process, there have been two polarizing audiences. At one end of the spectrum, we’ve had Patriots fans throughout the country who have been so supportive and really inspirational to us and believing in us. I’m also mindful at the other end of the spectrum there are fans that feel just the opposite

What I’ve learned is the ongoing rhetoric continues to galvanize both camps and I don’t see that changing, and they will never agree. The one thing that we all can agree upon is the entire process has taken way too long. I don’t think anyone can believe that after four months [since] the AFC Championship Game we are still talking about air pressure and the psi in footballs.

So, I think I made it clear when the report came out that I didn’t think it was fair. There was no hard evidence and everything was circumstantial. At the same time, when the discipline came out, I felt it was way over the top, as it was unreasonable and unprecedented in my opinion. So, I have two options: I can try to end it or extend it. I have given a lot of thought to both options.

The first thing that came to mind is 21 years ago, I had the privilege of going to a meeting similar to what we’re at here, in Orlando, and being welcomed in an NFL owners’ meeting. Here’s a fan and a former season ticket holder living a dream and being welcomed in that room. I got goosebumps that day. I vowed at that time that I would do everything that I could do to make the New England Patriots an elite team and hopefully respected throughout the country and at the same time, do whatever I could do to try to help the NFL become the most popular sport in America.

<UP TO THIS POINT WAS FINE>

I stand before you today having met those aspirations. I have built an organization that is the second most valuable franchise in the most valuable sports league in the United States. In a period explicitly structured for parity, we have been consistently superior. I am immensely proud of our family, our staff, our coaches, our players, and especially our fans. We could not have traveled this road without everyone doing their job along the way. I want to thank you all for your commitment and effectiveness in making my dream come true and the dream of Patriots Nation come true.

That is why I am filled will great sadness to have to announce the following. This week, when I arrived at the owners' meeting, instead of goosebumps, I felt chills. Horrible chills. In contravention to the laws of science, the American notion of due process, and even rational self interest, my fellow owners and league officials made it clear that they would fight to hold me to the inherently unfair process and outcome resulting from this whole fiasco. I am left cold and empty inside, contemplating what this means for everyone involved.

I will not remain a member of an organization that has strayed so far from the path of a warrior ethos of honor, duty, truth, integrity, and reason that attracted me and so many others to the league. I am announcing today that I am soliciting offers to purchase the New England Patriots franchise. Today the team is worth more than ten times what I originally paid for it, based on available market data. This weekend, we will begin the process of preparing our request for proposals for those who would be interested in joining the NFL by purchasing the franchise.

It is my intention to ride out the tenure of Coach Belichik and Hall of Fame QB Tom Brady, so that I can maintain the organizational cover necessary for them to continue doing their jobs. I have never worked with two men who were more dedicated to their craft, nor had the qualities to teach, mentor, and lead those around them in a way that makes the whole greater than the sum of the parts. These men are the stuff of legends in sport and I am proud to have shared this experience with them. Our goal will be to win one more Super Bowl together, before riding off into the sunset. We built this together and we will end this together.

I am not taking any questions. Thank you.

=====

Then I would begin planning to use the $2B proceeds from selling the team to start a new football league with Belichick as the Commissioner and Brady as the League President and main face of the league.

At least that's how it went in my dreams.

Yeah uh, that's going way too far. All he needed to do was just show some backbone for one moment. Even if he didn't want to, just file an official appeal and then leave it at that. When it inevitably got rejected he could come out saying how he's outraged and that he wishes he could do more for us fans.

There, that's all he needed to do. But he didn't even try.

Bravo....

If I was Kraft.....I would have done nothing. Let Brady do his legal thing and let the NFLPA put the fear of GOD in the "31" plus Roger. At some point, this bloated band of thieves just might come crawling to Kraft begging for a solution that keeps the NFLPA out of real court. Then we'll see who does the hugging.
What was the hurry Bob? Your "neice" have a curfew?

Yeah uh, that's going way too far. All he needed to do was just show some backbone for one moment. Even if he didn't want to, just file an official appeal and then leave it at that. When it inevitably got rejected he could come out saying how he's outraged and that he wishes he could do more for us fans.

There, that's all he needed to do. But he didn't even try.

He didn't have to actually follow through with the sale. But he would have established the moral high ground and changed the narrative.

i

• Ha Ha
Reactions: JJC
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back