PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Football Phrase Annoys You The Most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"he plays the game well" Of course he does he is a pro how else would he make it to such a level.

Anything that comes from the NFL wold network for the superbowl they give us normal US commentary until the superbowl then we get people who act like we don't know the first thing about the sport. Like after a touch down "they now have the chance to kick for one or run or pass it for two" We know whats going on.

"How did the ref miss that?" you didn't see it till the third replay while looking at 6 angles at once they get seconds to make a call

My least favorite phrase is actually the word "football".

Pregame show guys and announcers are always saying "football team", instead of just "team"; "football field" instead of just "field"; "football player" instead of just "player"; "football game" instead of just "game"; and others I'm probably forgetting right now.

Once you start noticing it, it'll drive you crazy.

"Football Player" is actually a real compliment. It differentiates between an athlete that plays football(Bethel Johnson) and a true football guy (Troy Brown)

"Now here's a guy...."

Or, as Frank Caliendo quotes Madden talking about Troy Aikman: "Now here's a guy that when he puts his contacts in, he sees better".

Positively the worst: after a big play, the announcer questions, incredulously:

" ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? "

This lame, overly cliched call ruins every big play when I hear it. what kind of friggin question is that? are you kidding everyone with such a stupid exclamation/question?

If you're Jack Del Rio, you've gotta love these match-ups. The patriot defense simply doesn't match-up well against...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News