PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What 1st Rounder Falls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Peterson fails in the NFL, it will be because he was over used in Oklahoma.

Yes, he has a history of injury, but his injuries are so minimal compared to guys like Michael Bush and everyone is calling for Bush. So if your argument is based upon injuries, then put Bush at the head of the "bust" list. I truly believe his injuries are be exaggerated by the media. Are we talking ACL surgery? Did he break his leg? Mentally healthy?

Aside from Curtis Enis and Kijana Carter, I think it is hard to call a running back a bust at the end of his career. Take William Green for example. The Brown showed he had the talent, but he was a bigger problem than a solution due to his personal issues. I think the juror doesn't have enough information to convict Cedric Benson as a bust and then you look at Thomas Jones, his old teammate. Jones didn't get it done in AZ, later TB, but busted out in Chicago. After his experience in AZ, a lot of people could had called him a bust, but they would had been wrong.

Peterson is the prototypical running back. Great size, great agility, good speed, zero character issues and tons of confidence. Shades of Eddie George. Put him on the Browns to split carries with Lewis and with Steinbach back from injury, Peterson will erase the idea of bust with half the carries in his rookie season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST