PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To the Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why some people here are gleefully ignoring that Tom Brady has been shredding so called vaunted defenses like the Jets for the better part of over a decade. It's not like he systematically dismantled a defense in the Super Bowl with similarly talented corners, linemen and significantly better linebackers and safeties is it?

The Pats will scheme the Jets. From there, it's just a matter of executing.

I'll be a contrarian. In the NFL, when too many people are expecting a certain result, it doesn't happen.

Like that train of thought. Every prediction I've seen has the Pats winning.

Like that train of thought. Every prediction I've seen has the Pats winning.
Ah, the selective quote. A favorite of politicians and rabid sports fans. Be prepared for a beat down at the hands of Brady and company. A 4-12 team does not become a contender overnight.

We are still the defending champs and I have faith in the boys. The jets have a good defense but our O is head and shoulders better than anything hey have faced and we have Brady . I am nervous but then I am that way before any game.
Our guys will be ready ! Should be a great game .

Ah, the selective quote. A favorite of politicians and rabid sports fans. Be prepared for a beat down at the hands of Brady and company. A 4-12 team does not become a contender overnight.

I'm not saying contender by any means. Long ways to go for any talk like that. A week 7 win vs a division rival would be a step in the right direction though. But it is just one game. Doesn't make or break the season. Just hope it's a good one, and like many have said, w/o injury on either side.

We are still the defending champs and I have faith in the boys. The jets have a good defense but our O is head and shoulders better than anything hey have faced and we have Brady . I am nervous but then I am that way before any game.
Our guys will be ready ! Should be a great game .

I thought after TB finally got his 4th ring I would be much more calm on game day. Still I get all nerved up lol.

I'll predict the Patriots by two to three touchdowns.
Indeed. Before the BUF game we read things like "how can we deal with that great DL and that mobile QB"? Answer: We got Gronk, Edleman, Amendola and Brady. Ball gets out quick, those huge DLs become statues, and that mobile QB might make some plays but not enough to matter. Same answer as it's been since 2001. Oh, and LaFell is back too, Keyshawn Martin looks solid too. Real question is after Revis, how does the freaking Jets deal with our offense? How does Fitzy score enough points to matter? We're going to take away Marshall, then it's going to be 9 in the box for Fitzy to deal with. Sure, they're going to get some first downs, but they won't string together enough to keep up with TB12 and the Pats offense.

Indeed. Before the BUF game we read things like "how can we deal with that great DL and that mobile QB"? Answer: We got Gronk, Edleman, Amendola and Brady. Ball gets out quick, those huge DLs become statues, and that mobile QB might make some plays but not enough to matter. Same answer as it's been since 2001. Oh, and LaFell is back too, Keyshawn Martin looks solid too. Real question is after Revis, how does the freaking Jets deal with our offense? How does Fitzy score enough points to matter? We're going to take away Marshall, then it's going to be 9 in the box for Fitzy to deal with. Sure, they're going to get some first downs, but they won't string together enough to keep up with TB12 and the Pats offense.

Ivory should be the D's main concern and limit his production.

I'm not sure why some people here are gleefully ignoring that Tom Brady has been shredding so called vaunted defenses like the Jets for the better part of over a decade. It's not like he systematically dismantled a defense in the Super Bowl with similarly talented corners, linemen and significantly better linebackers and safeties is it?

The Pats will scheme the Jets. From there, it's just a matter of executing.

Yeah. Bobby Wagner, Kam and them guys can't hold a candle to whatever the Jets have. ;)

Fitz will leave 3 INTs out there..will we catch them is the question

Fitz will leave 3 INTs out there..will we catch them is the question
No real question. We're going to take away his only weapon in Marshall, and in doing so we're going to force him to throw into coverage. Pats will win by 2-3 touchdowns.

I am always nervous before every game. The jests played us tough last year. It's a big game with alot at stake. I hope our offense clicks much better against that stellar defense. It's a short week playing miami on thursday as well. Ughhh

No real question. We're going to take away his only weapon in Marshall, and in doing so we're going to force him to throw into coverage. Pats will win by 2-3 touchdowns.
outside of marshall no one on that O scares me. I am a bit concerned about our run D..but i think it will be fine

Totally agree. And that's not to disparage the Jets--good team. But the QB gap is massive in this game, the Pats are home, and I honestly think they're relieved to be done with the Colts game. I HATE games that everyone says you have to win by 60. So joyless. This one will be fun.

Unless they include a PuntBungle or something.:eek:

Yeah. Bobby Wagner, Kam and them guys can't hold a candle to whatever the Jets have. ;)
Don't get me wrong, the Jets D is and has been a formidable unit for many years now however, their Linebackers and Safeties are rubbish. If the Pats slow the Jets pass-rush, I can't see them stopping the Pats scoring.

A 5 - 11 team did back in 2001.

Mistake free QB play can do wonders for a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes