PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To the Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering it is at home you probably need to figure the Patriots will win but Denver and the Jets might be the 2 best Ds in the NFL. The offense needs to be on its game.

Not just scoring points but not allowing turnovers and cheap points.

Well and most importantly: protecting Brady. We can deal with a loss to either team, we can't deal with Brady getting dinged...two dominant, dominant D-lines going up against our relatively inexperienced and injury-riddled O-line. I see a lot of dink and dunk by the Pats this week, get the ball out of Brady's hands as fast as humanly possible to minimize that pass rush and keep the defense spread out as much as possible.

I have to admit I'm a little surprised how much worse Ryan seems to have gotten. Instead of learning from his mistakes--number one on that list playing down the bluster--he seems to have doubled down on them. At the same time, it seems that the league has figured out his defense and he's not continuing to adapt. Fiery wreck taking place there.
Let's not forget adding Revis, Cromartie, Skrines and Gilchrist to their ONLY weakness on defense makes their defense one of the best in football. Also, adding Marshall and Fitzpatrick to the offense makes it a tough offense to play due to a physical running game opens up the play action. Marshall is a beast and is a perfect compliment for Decker. Ivory is a beast, very difficult to tackle. Marshall and Ivory scare the hell outta me, not embarrassed to admit. This is gonna be a tough physical game. I'd love for the Pats to romp, but it's gonna be thisclose.

If Rex had those additions while coaching the Jets, he would've done a better job, though maybe not as good as the current coaching staff.

Let's not forget adding Revis, Cromartie, Skrines and Gilchrist to their ONLY weakness on defense makes their defense one of the best in football. Also, adding Marshall and Fitzpatrick to the offense makes it a tough offense to play due to a physical running game opens up the play action. Marshall is a beast and is a perfect compliment for Decker. Ivory is a beast, very difficult to tackle. Marshall and Ivory scare the hell outta me, not embarrassed to admit. This is gonna be a tough physical game. I'd love for the Pats to romp, but it's gonna be thisclose.

If Rex had those additions while coaching the Jets, he would've done a better job, though maybe not as good as the current coaching staff.
Yeah, the Jets have a good roster and the coach seems sharp (granted, anyone would after that buffoon).

Whether we win this match boils down to one thing: Can we stop Ivory? If we can limit their run game, this game is ours to win.

The Jets are playing good football and poise a serious threat to the Patriots this week. Overall I think that the tough challenges are what prepares them best for the postseason so I like the fact that this will be a tough game.

I wonder who Revis is going to be covering on Sunday. Should be a fun matchup. I remember hearing those reports last year about Brady and Gronk going to the side and practicing against Revis in practice. Also, Cromartie can't keep up with Edelman's quickness. O-Line has got to have another strong game.

For years I wanted the patriots to go after Brandon Marshall. Big physical Possession guy, High football IQ according to rev is. Would have been perfect in our system.

Our 5'11" corners will struggle a lot against him, we need more height in our secondary

Still recovering from having to stay awake way past my work night bedtime until Gronk recovered the onside kick to seal the game, so all I'll say about Sunday's game is that I definitely don't like 10 point spreads against a 4--1 Division Rival, even if it is the Jests and even if it is at home....makes me nervous....

Yeah, it's a problem, no doubt, but we heard that Buffalo was going to be tough and our O line did well against them. Granted, we have had a few more injuries since then and nobody expects this to be an easy game, especially coming off of the pressure cooker from last weekend. Glad we are at home for this one and hope some injured guys can go.

Jets defense's very physical. Getting dion lewis some touches out of the backfield would be nice. We will get a better clue about this offensive line in this game.

For years I wanted the patriots to go after Brandon Marshall. Big physical Possession guy, High football IQ according to rev is. Would have been perfect in our system.

Our 5'11" corners will struggle a lot against him, we need more height in our secondary

Over 8 (really 7) games vs the Pats, Marshall has 40 catches for 605 yds and 3 TDs.

They have their work cut out with him which is nothing new.....

The Jets have faced the Browns, Phins, Eagles, Colts and Redskins. Which O is the best out of these 5?

Fitzpatrick is their weakness on offense. We are going to focus on stopping the run with a heavy line up front to force Fitzpatrick to have to manage the game on his own. The more the Jets have to depend on him, the more mistakes he will make. He has very poor accuracy- so poor I don't expect too much double coverages (contrary to popular belief). He also has a tendency to think too much, so if we intentionally throw rolling coverage at him and let him recognize it, he is going to overanalyze and seize up.

Jets are also poor on ball security, and are going to be good for at least one or two turnovers. If we capitalize on these, we will be in great shape. Their ST is also atrocious when it comes to giving up field position so we must take advantage of that and get as close to the RZ as possible where we scheme the best.

I expect Revis to rotate all over the field depending on what down and what they feel Brady will do on a particular down. Expect Brady to key off and read away from Revis and also go at Skrines (or his replacement) hard.

Another place to attack: their corners are not the most physical. Short and intermediate passes require Cromartie and Revis to tackle.

I wonder who Revis is going to be covering on Sunday. Should be a fun matchup. I remember hearing those reports last year about Brady and Gronk going to the side and practicing against Revis in practice. Also, Cromartie can't keep up with Edelman's quickness. O-Line has got to have another strong game.

I was wondering the same thing. Does Revis follow JE11 all game? And who benefits the most for having a year practicing together? The Pats offense or Revis?

Edelman v Cromartie would be a win for us. I imagine Revis will follow Edelman all game.

Well, he is a Harvard graduate you know. And if you didn't, they will tell you that forty times during the game.:rolleyes:

This drives me nuts. Just because you're a harvard grad doesn't mean you're football smart.

I'd also like to say the rats only giving up a 4th rounder for Ivory was criminal!. Saints should have asked at least for a 3rd rounder if not a 2nd. Ivory runs hard, you could see that when he was with the Saints.

The Jets are playing good football and poise a serious threat to the Patriots this week.

The way I see things is "The Jets appear to be playing good football because they've haven't played an elite team yet and the Patriots pose a serious threat to the Jets this weekend".

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes