PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure why everyone is making a big deal of JPP. He has not been the same without Tuck on that d-line. All you have to do is double team him and he'll disappear.

How the heck is he going to be as effective with that claw?

not sure why everyone is making a big deal of JPP. He has not been the same without Tuck on that d-line. All you have to do is double team him and he'll disappear.

Last year he had didn't have Tuck and he had his second best year of his career.

the mitt allows him to knock down passes better. i honestly think it should be illegal.

But how does he lift? How can he grab a ball-carrier or hand-fight with the a tackle?

Last year he had didn't have Tuck and he had his second best year of his career.

there must have been someone else on the line that occupied blockers. outside of 2 good seasons he has done very little. could have been a contract year for him too.

the mitt allows him to knock down passes better. i honestly think it should be illegal.

Yeah, it's like a boxer being allowed to create gloves out of hockey tape.

there must have been someone else on the line that occupied blockers. outside of 2 good seasons he has done very little. could have been a contract year for him too.

He's had three good seasons in five years. In 2011 he was an All Pro and a Pro Bowler, he followed that up in 2012 with another Pro Bowl berth, and last year in 2014 he had 12.5 sacks, 3 Forced Fumbles, and 6 Deflected Passes which is his second best year statistically.

His only down years were his rookie year, which is understandable and in 2013.

There's also the fact that he's one of the biggest physical freaks in the NFL. How many other 6'5 270 lb defensive ends do you know that can do over 20 backhand springs in football pads with ease?

He's a damn good football player that only has one year you can really count against him (2013). He's their best defensive lineman and I guarantee you the Patriots will not overlook him coming into the game.

Last edited:
he followed that up in 2012 with another Pro Bowl berth
His only down years were his rookie year, which is understandable and in 2013.

No clue how you can say '12 wasn't a bad/down year for him as a pass rusher. He had 6.5 sacks in the 1st 9 games and then didn't record a sack in the final 7 games.

I am less concerned with the Giants than I am with an emotionless, WTF game.

Every NFL team - even the Patriots - has at least one every season.

The Patriots are coming off a tough stretch: at Dallas, at Indy (revenge!), two division games, and then last week's game that they lost Dion Lewis. After this game is Rex and then Peyton.

I understand that Belichick is the master of getting his players to focus on strictly the next game, but even the Pats are susceptible to a letdown or a bad game at some point. Last year it was KC, 2013 at Miami, 2012 vs Arizona, 2011 vs Bills, 2010 vs Cleveland, etc.

Agreed, an emotionless game where the Pats start drifting is still a big danger, they usually have at least one every season. To tell the truth I'm less worried about the offense drifting, Brady is obviously on a mission.

However, I've really been struck by how the defense has been more focused and "locked in" this season. The defense has been beaten and given up points, but I'm surprised that it has played as well as it has with the turnover at CB (with a rookie UDFA and a second year UDFA making up 2/3 of our CB's). For some reason I just haven't seen as many dumb plays or low-effort plays this year, even Branch is flying around like the energizer bunny. I don't know what has happened to the defense this year to give them that laser-beam-like focus, whether it is Patricia emerging as a star or if there is something else at work. Hopefully they can keep it up.

I understand an emotionless game. What I could not see is the Pats not coming out and destroying a team that has beaten them the last 3 times they played.

No clue how you can say '12 wasn't a bad/down year for him as a pass rusher. He had 6.5 sacks in the 1st 9 games and then didn't record a sack in the final 7 games.

I don't judge defenseless ends as just pass rushing. He was excellent in at defending the run in 2012 which contributed to him getting a Pro Bowl berth. He did fine in 2012.

I understand an emotionless game. What I could not see is the Pats not coming out and destroying a team that has beaten them the last 3 times they played.

Well if they manage to drop 4 then it's all mental. This giants squad's not better then them.

JPP: I know I’ll get to Tom Brady
JPP: I know I’ll get to Tom Brady
Posted by Josh Alper on November 11, 2015, 4:10 PM EST
496304142-e1447276217734.jpg
Getty Images
In two Super Bowl appearances against the Giants, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was harassed by their pass rush on the way to close losses that have kept the Patriots’ run of success over the last 15 years from being even more impressive.

This year’s Giants team doesn’t seem particularly well-positioned to create the same kinds of problems for Brady when the teams square off at the Meadowlands on Sunday afternoon. Their nine sacks rank last in the NFL and the return of Jason Pierre-Paul last Sunday didn’t help them add to that total against the Buccaneers.

Pierre-Paul did create some pressure on Jameis Winston, though, and he thinks that his second week back in action will bring more success individually and as a team.

“They’re undefeated, but they have to come through here,” Pierre-Paul said, via ESPN.com. “We’ll get to the quarterback. I’m sure of it. I know I will.”

Keep talking, Captain Hook.

He definitely torched the Pats with 9 catches, 133 yds, 1 TD.

3 catches, 53 yards were on the final drive of the game with less than a minute to go. The Patriots were ahead 28-14. The game was over.

The 1 TD was with 2 seconds left in the game.

I am just SO sick and tired of hearing this crap about how the Giants have the Pats number. We are talking about 2 games from 8 and 4 seasons ago. They are completely irrelevant in a football sense, and are basically just made up crap from the mediots.

I am sick of hearing about it as well Ken, but it's also somewhat understandable since they've beaten us 3 times in a row, and the 4th one was also very close to end the 2007 season. As a matter of fact, I believe the NYG were up double digits in the last 15-20 minutes of that game, so they've definitely played the Pats tough the past 4 times, winning 3/4.

When you're a team like the Patriots who prey on the rest of the NFL and one team beats you 3x in a row, it makes for a good story line, I suppose. Obviously, those games have no bearing on the outcome of Sunday afternoon's, of course.

the giants couldn't stop anything before they lost beason and hankins....on top of that, amukamara is out and unga is hurting ..... the pats will be underachieving if they have to punt in this game

donnell is out also......

I'm about to sit down and watch the Week 17 game from 2007. Whet my appetite a bit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore