PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The 1-5 New York Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they offset the Jets by short quick routes, in and out. Edelman has become the master at running the out route at all levels, but shines in the short out this season. LaFell scouting report said he worked all positions as a WR. They're beginning to do that now offensively. Dink and donk to protect Brady somewhat and slow down that rush. Force them to put their hands up and hope they don't bat too many down . . . like the Houston Watts.

Last edited:
My gut says it'll be a much closer game than many expect, but my God do the Jets corners look awful right now.

The Jets seem like a team that is ripe for the picking in a trips set on one side and a solo receiver on the other.

Gronk on the right, with Lafell, Edelman and Tyms/Dobson on the left, for example, would seem to be a perfect way to exploit the Jets defensive backfield.

you guys see the forecast? Very wet and windy

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/foxboro-ma/02035/daily-weather-forecast/2251291?day=5

2 inches of rain? yike.....hopefully not that much as i am going!

7day_wide_629x354.jpg
The exact same weather as the Thursday night meeting last season coincidentally enough. LOL

No, you really couldn't apply those concerns to the Bills game. Mayo, Ridley and Connolly played in the Bills game, and the Patriots weren't trying to find substitutes for starters on a short week.
You actually could, because the Patriots dealt with those injuries within the game and still won by 15 against a better team than the Jets in a tougher environment and situation. It's not like those injuries magically didn't happen. They did, and they team won despite all of them because other players stepped up in their stead.

Along with that, the biggest concerns occurred the earliest. With Connolly's concussion happening in the first half they had to play without those him for a half and Stork never suited up at all anyway, yet and the O-line held up well against a front that's every bit as good as the Jets', which gave Brady an adequate amount of time to pick apart a beleaguered secondary which despite was bad as it is, is still better than what the Jets will be trotting out on Thursday. Furthermore, Brady was actually better in the second half without Connolly going 15-17 for 274 and scoring on all 4 drives (not counting kneel-downs) when the line settled down a toward the end of the first half after Devey was inserted into the game.

Moreover, the Patriots lost Mayo for more than a half of football as well and despite that the run defense didn't suffer as much. Buffalo only ran for 29 of their 68 yards after Mayo was gone. Defending the middle of the field was a problem with and without Mayo as Chandler was carving them up even when he was on the field.

Whilst not as hard as having 3 days to find their replacements after the fact, in game injuries are difficult to deal with as well because of the adjustments that have to be made on the fly and still having to play a half without two important players in Jerod and Dan, the Patriots responded to the challenge, played a great second half to overcome those injuries. Guys had to step up within the game. Skinner while terrible in coverage actually had a sack in a patented Mayo-like way and Devey, as maligned as he has been, held up against a good Bills front and didn't completely embarrass himself like he usually does. Which shows that they can indeed adapt to significant injuries, especially coming against superior competition in a road game for the division lead. Replacing Mayo, Connolly, and Ridley going forward is going to tough on such short notice, but the Jets don't present anything more than Buffalo had to make it any harder than the Bills did.

I still stand by what I stated earlier, Patriots by 10+.

I think they offset the Jets by short quick routes, in and out. Edelman has become the master at running the out route on all levels, but shines in the short out this season. LaFell scouting report said he worked all positions as a WR. They're beginning to do that now offensively. Dink and donk to protect Brady somewhat and slow down that rush. Force them to put their hands up and hope they don't bat too many down . . . like the Houston Watts.
I really like the wide-outs' chances of winning their 1-on-1's against their secondary. It's a porous unit altogether and their injury situation back there makes them easy pickings. Without effective DBs Ryan's defenses aren't as effective. And the Jets are definitely a team that Gronkowski has feasted on over the years. I expect that continue as he's rounding back into his otherworldly dominant form.

You actually could, because the Patriots dealt with those injuries within the game and still won by 15 against a better team than the Jets in a tougher environment and situation. It's not like those injuries magically didn't happen. They did, and they team won despite all of them because other players stepped up in their stead.

No, you really couldn't, because focused, practiced scheming wasn't going to be happening at that point.

Sorry, but they are concerns whether you like it or not. That's just the reality of the situation, the same as Milliner will be a new concern for the Jets, for example.

Bryan stork out and Connolly out, ouch. Brady is gonna need to be in the shotgun and throwing passes fast

Wait when were Stork and Connolly ruled out?

Well looks like they are giving Stork 13 days to be ready for the Bears game.

Well looks like they are giving Stork 13 days to be ready for the Bears game.

Solder, devey, wendell, Kline, and vollmer is the starting line. Yikes. This game just got a whole lot closer.

Solder, devey, wendell, Kline, and vollmer is the starting line. Yikes. This game just got a whole lot closer.

meh. That's what the line was yesterday when Brady went off for 15/17 274 yards 3 TD in the 2nd half.

Then all the beat writers completely missed this because they are reporting the Stork, Connolly, Fleming, and Ebner were listed as DNP instead of Out like they ruled Mayo and Ridley.

Then all the beat writers completely missed this because they are reporting the Stork, Connolly, Fleming, and Ebner were listed as DNP instead of Out like they ruled Mayo and Ridley.

Idk what happened, but this is what I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes