PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Antonio brown is no joke, he's got some serious speed, acceleration and route running ability.. nothing against butler, but that might be too tall an order for week 1 against someone who is an elite athlete/wr

Definite safety help on Brown. Bryant is no joke, either. He can torch you very quickly.

The good news is that they can sell out a bit more vs the pass with Bell out of the game.

I'm happy we face them without LeVeon Bell. A lot of nickle and dime packages on defense.

I'm not.

Some of the best games of the last few years have been Steelers vs. Patriots. I'd like to see them both at full health to start the season. Le'Veon out changes the entire gameplan for the Steelers.

This is going to turn into a shootout pretty quick. I'm interested in what corner has coverage duties on Brown and how quickly the Patriots start to double up on him.

Regardless, it's a hell'uva season opener. End score is likely over 80 points combined.

The teams have played 10 times in this century. The Steelers have won 3 of 10. And the loss of Blount hurts the Pats as much as Bell's loss hurts the Steelers.

And the loss of Blount hurts the Pats as much as Bell's loss hurts the Steelers.

Wait------aw, you had me there for a second :)

You're comparing the loss of a 1,400 yard rusher with EIGHTY THREE catches out of the backfield and 140 total yards per game (average) last year with that of.....missing LeGarrette Blount for one game?

Le'Veon Bell accounted for 1/3 of the Steelers offensive yards from scrimmage last year.

I realize that you aren't making a straight up comparison to the two players, but I'm guessing that we'll plug in another RB and give Blount's 10-12 carry average per game to someone else and do just fine. The suspensions of the two players gives us a clear cut advantage for the game that is one of the bigger scheduling bonuses of the whole year.

Last edited:
-Baby- hippo?

I'm gonna say yeah.
JLorenzen-2004-235-300.gif

By the way, apparently he stopped off in the Arena League for a while, where conditioning wasn't as big a deal...

otl_lorenzen02_1600x2132.jpg

Wait------aw, you had me there for a second :)

You're comparing the loss of a 1,400 yard rusher with EIGHTY THREE catches out of the backfield and 140 total yards per game (average) last year with that of.....missing LeGarrette Blount for one game?

Le'Veon Bell accounted for 1/3 of the Steelers offensive yards from scrimmage last year.

I realize that you aren't making a straight up comparison to the two players, but I'm guessing that we'll plug in another RB and give Blount's 10-12 carry average per game to someone else and do just fine. The suspensions of the two players gives us a clear cut advantage for the game that is one of the bigger scheduling bonuses of the whole year.
Freely admit it was a mild trolling expedition...

Freely admit it was a mild trolling expedition...

Apologies for being dumb enough to fall for it then, @Jackson 2. I've actually seen some suggestions resembling that line of thinking from others back when Blount's suspension was first announced, so I wasn't quite sure.

Apologies for being dumb enough to fall for it then, @Jackson 2. I've actually seen some suggestions resembling that line of thinking from others back when Blount's suspension was first announced, so I wasn't quite sure.
No apologies necessary, Supa. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft