PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're Fine At DT and Against The Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Langi is lucky to have even survived that crash.....Did he practice since or is he another of the walking wounded and DNP?

As of yesterday he is still hospitalized.

Broncos DT Rubin was released. Doesn't look like he has much left in the tank considering that he was only active twice, but prior to this year it would seem like something to consider.

If Branch keeps trending in the direction he started in a couple days ago, and if Brown keeps up the level of play he's established in the last couple weeks, I'll agree with this thread's title statement. They're moving in the right direction, and at this point in the season that's a very promising development. I've gotta see it keep going that way for a couple more weeks before I'll consider this a settled issue, though. I firmly believe that you need to have two guys you can really depend on (or one absolute star) to consider yourself set at DT, and at the moment we have neither.

Brown and Branch could play their way into dependability--Branch has been that guy for us in the past--but pretty much by definition it takes more than a week of pretty good play against backup RBs. They haven't shown enough over a long enough period to demonstrate that they're there yet, although I hope what we're seeing is the start of that.

Broncos DT Rubin was released. Doesn't look like he has much left in the tank considering that he was only active twice, but prior to this year it would seem like something to consider.

It would seem wrong without at least one "sign the beast" post :)
Sign the possibly-empty-in-the-tank Beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe