PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker in full beast mode: more records set

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think of this term as one of those undercover scary mary terms...you know, the type of loser fan (43 years straight) that has always seen losing,always expects the worst, almost always gets the worst, and lives a life so pathetic that their only source of self esteem is being part of the NY Jet fanbase...to hide their deep insecurity, they came up with "beast!!" and "beastin"!!!!" to artificially inflate their fragile egos...but deep inside they all know...they suck...
I'm 43, so this will help me remember how long it's been for them. Hopefully it will always be that way and I live a long life :D.

IIRC, there was some contract gamesmanship in play when Welker was a RFA. I believe the reason for a 2 and a 7 was to be greater than a 2, to force the Fins into a higher compensation bracket. But I also thought there might be some kind of poison pill (like the Curtis Martin deal).

So, I do not think they just let him walk cavalierly.

Not quite.

Here's the deal: the LOLphins put the second-round tender on Welker, apparently never having noticed BB drooling over him.

At some point, the Patriots may have discussed signing Welker to an offer sheet that would have contained a poison pill (the rumor was that it would have been a 7-year, $35M+ deal that Miami would have had to fully guarantee). That said, Kraft decided he'd rather not generate ill will with the LOLphins, and so they agreed to a trade; Kraft threw in an extra 7 as a token of good will (remember, the Pats had tons of late picks that year anyways).

In any case, though, the LOLphins' fatal mistake was putting only a second-round tender on Welker.

I still laugh at the notion that was said in August and September that Edelman could account for 80% of Welker does. And that Welker would never approach 100/1000 in a season again.

So 80% of Welker is

93 for 1215 and 7 TD's
So do people still think Edelman can do that?

I still laugh at the notion that was said in August and September that Edelman could account for 80% of Welker does. And that Welker would never approach 100/1000 in a season again.

So 80% of Welker is

93 for 1215 and 7 TD's
So do people still think Edelman can do that?
What if 93 for 1215yds, 7TD is 80% of Welker :eek:

Welker is definitely a beast. He is having a fantastic season, and i love the kid...

But is it just me, or is his dominant season as a WR being overshadowed? It seems as if nobody gives welker the credit he deserves. Hell... people talk more about someone like greg jennings than welker.

Remember in 07 when moss and brady went on a tear? Moss was breaking records and EVERYONE was on his bandwagon.

I bet no one is on the welker bandwagon except patriots fans. Kind of pisses me off tbh

Yes, it's just you. Do you really think people talk more about Greg Jennings? Do you live in Green Bay, or something? Welker had the fifth most Pro Bowl votes, only Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Calvin Johnson had more.

Welker is definitely a beast. He is having a fantastic season, and i love the kid...

But is it just me, or is his dominant season as a WR being overshadowed? It seems as if nobody gives welker the credit he deserves. Hell... people talk more about someone like greg jennings than welker.

Remember in 07 when moss and brady went on a tear? Moss was breaking records and EVERYONE was on his bandwagon.

I bet no one is on the welker bandwagon except patriots fans. Kind of pisses me off tbh

What? Welker has gotten plenty of love this year

actually, it's a term first coined by Jet fan to describe every single player on the Jet roster..e.g. (insert any Jet here) is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!...also used extensively as a verb...e.g. Sanchez threw that incompletion on a frozen rope 20 yards downfield!!! He's BEASTIN'!!!..

I'm pretty sure that term has nothing to do with the new york jets. You give them and their fans too much credit They're not clever enough to coin a term.

In fact the nickname "Broadway Joe", for Joe Namath was not coined by a New Yorker, it was coined by a native of Oklahoma by the name of Sherman Plunkett

Wes Welker is a BEAST! Sign him to an extension!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST