Welcome to the New Game Day Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Welcome to the new Game Day Center here in the forum. You'll obviously notice the new theme that we'll now be using during games moving forward, which includes a couple of key features to enhance your experience here.

The first is you'll likely see the local beat writer feed on the right hand side with live Tweets from all of the top sources, which is obviously helpful since there are always some great observations from the writers at the game. Also mixed in will be Tweets from myself through the PatsFans.com Twitter feed, and I try and tweet out stats, facts, milestones, etc. throughout the game.

The second is the fact that during the game I keep track of stats and log them for our database, and the information I generally Tweet comes from there. I'm now opening it up so that you'll also have access to the same information, and you'll be able to toggle it on the right hand side and the data is sortable just like it is in the database.

At the top of the forum you'll see two bars that you can toggle and see players and the number of plays they've made by distance. There's a second bar you can toggle with all the different situational stats, so you can see how many times they've been in 3rd-and-long, 2nd-and-long, etc. to track trends of why they're not converting third downs. Although you'll also have acccess to how they've been on third down as well.

Tonight will just contain the Patriots stats but if it goes smoothly, I'll add in the opponent's stats as well. However, one key thing to mention. Due to restrictions these updates will be on a 5-minute delay, not in real time and you'll be able to see on the scoreboard when the last play was added. But hopefully this will make the game day experience a little more enjoyable.

In the Game Thread: Please review the guidelines posted this week:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ye-week-over-some-guidelines-second-half.html

If you can't abide by the above rules, I will remove you from the thread and I'll have an itchy trigger finger tonight since I'm going to be multi-tasking like crazy during the game and won't have time to argue. So please try and remember this is a group event and avoid arguing, complaining, etc. Should any of you see anything that you feel should be addressed, hit the "Report" icon so it will hit my email and I'll jump in and take care of it.

But I hope everyone has a good time tonight, and you'll see updates from me through the Twitter feed as well as the stats as I upload them :)

Wow! Very nice! I used to have my iPhone by my side with game tracker on while on the forum, but this is great!

Very impressive! Especially the crystal ball app indicating more than 600 yards offense by New England!

Edit: Oops, it's all been reset to 0.

Really cool, gives me a reason to finally spend the £60 to fix my screen

Holy Cow, this looks great!

citizen_cane.gif

This is awesome!

Thanks be to Ian :D

Looks awesome.

I like it

It adds a little more "up to date" look. Whereas the regular layout looks like it's from 2002 (no offense!)

TBH, I was praying for Jokercam ;)

looks great. You the man Ian!

Just one minor detail to nitpick- if the sidebar could be made to be independent of the scroll function that'd be great, especially when reading the game thread.

Best forum ever.

Not a big issue at all but when I am in a thread that box that shows how many Likes are in the thread is blocking the pages links where you can see how many pages there are in a thread and click on what page you want to go to.

Thankfully, those page links are at the bottom of the thread as well and that one is not blocked. New features look great and can't wait to see them in action.

It's sexy.

Very nice, Ian. The stats toggle in the right-hand column is great.

Next week, how about a button that sends 50,000 volts into any referee that is about to screw the Patriots on the last play of the game?

Great new look!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST