PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week Two NFL Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah by the time Manning waddles back from under Center (2-3 seconds) the pass rush is already on him. I dont think I have seen him complete a rollout pass yet last week or last night. Clearly he needs to be in shotgun. He isnt Elway who had great mobility and was a perfect fit for that offense even later in his career..

Here's a tough question. Colts v Jets: who do Patriots fan root against on Monday night?

As painful as it sounds rooting for the Jets in that one.
On a side note if Mayo gets little snaps this week how long til the trade rumors start swirling.
Would you make this kind of trade Mayo for the rights to Josh Gordon.
Or Mayo for Michael Floyd
Or Mayo for a third or fourth round pick.
As they say you cant pay everybody
And we are pretty deep at linebacker.

On a side note if Mayo gets little snaps this week how long til the trade rumors start swirling.
They won't start.

Would you make this kind of trade Mayo for the rights to Josh Gordon.
Wouldn't trade more than a 6th or 7th round pick for Josh Gordon

Or Mayo for Michael Floyd
No.

Or Mayo for a third or fourth round pick.
No.

As they say you cant pay everybody
But you can restructure them

And we are pretty deep at linebacker.
Not really when you take Mayo out.

Here's a tough question. Colts v Jets: who do Patriots fan root against on Monday night?

If I can't get a direct asteroid impact, I'd say the Colts. Think division first and the Colts are already 0-1.

They won't start.

Wouldn't trade more than a 6th or 7th round pick for Josh Gordon

No.

No.

But you can restructure them

Not really when you take Mayo out.

I appreciate your thoughts but I will just say did you see us trading Seymour?
Vrabel? Willie Mac? Did you see us parting with TY Warren, Lawyer Milloy?

I wouldn't rule out the possibility I also would prefer a restructure but players can be sensitive to these things.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Jets are no threat to win the division. Colts on the other hand, could very well contend for a top 2 spot in the conference. So, go Jets.
Yeah I will never understand going division first. We're contending for a bye week, we shouldn't be concerned about winning the division. If we can't win the division it's highly unlikely we're going anywhere near a Super Bowl. Gun for the top not a 4th seed. Not that who we root for effects game but, yeah.

I want the Colts to lose as often as possible - even if it comes at the hands of the Jets.

I'd like to take that thought and add to it. I think my idea would also help address the early bye week.

I want the Pats to rest most of the team later in the season for a game against the Bills or Broncos, depending on which of those teams would knock Indy out of the wildcard race, hopefully on the last tiebreaker. This would tick off the NYFL on two counts. One because it would knock Geico Man out of the playoffs and two because it would deprive the NFL of either a Ryan vs Belichick or a Brady vs Peyton matchup.

If I can't get a direct asteroid impact, I'd say the Colts. Think division first and the Colts are already 0-1.

Last week I rooted for Buf against colts
Wicked pissed at Colts plus wanted to hurt any possible playoff home game.
I reasoned that we have a game coming up where we could take direct action to make Buf 1-1.
This week with Colts 0-1 I'm rooting for them to beat the 1-0 Jests who are a division rival.

Jets are no threat to win the division. Colts on the other hand, could very well contend for a top 2 spot in the conference. So, go Jets.

I couldn't stomach the thought of having Jets be 2-0 and Pats 1-1 in the unlikely event the Bills prevail on Sunday. I'm not concerned at all with facing the Colts in the playoffs. F&*K the Jets, I hope they get blown out.

KC is not for real. They are a collection of headless talent. They'll win their share of games against teams with less talent and similarly inept coaching but they are not ready for the big time. SD is all there is that stands between Denver and a division title.

Peyton is nearly done. On most of his passes it looked like he was trying to heave a medicine ball.

Rolling out, as featured in Kubiak's offense, is not going to work towards Manning's success or longevity.

I saw a few Manning faces that I attributed to Peyton's disdain for the plays called. He obviously dumped Kube's game for his own at the end.

Kubiak is going to have a hard time if he persists in trying to jam Peyton into a scheme that doesn't fit. Peyton won't like it. Archie won't like it. Elway will hear from Archie.
I agree with just about everything you stated. I highlight this one because I think the same thing every time they run it. If it's so obvious to laymen, like us, then why don't highly paid professionals realize it? He looks terrible doing it. In fact, I don't think he's completed a single one of them yet.

Rooting for either team is akin to rooting for a character post-season 5 GoT (Personally I'm rooting for Nights King to show up in Indy with his legions and lay waste to everything) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back