PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week Two NFL Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. Pats have won their share of games because the other team was dumb.

If the patriots had 5 turnovers the practice squad would be playing the next game

At the end of SB 39 BB lit up an imaginary stogie and pulled up a lawn cheer saying "This otta be good"

Well... that was better than the usual Thursday night game. Sloppy but entertaining. I felt both teams lost it honestly.

Pretty much. Other than tendencies we've seen over extended looks (like, for example, Andy Reid and his clock management), everything is fluid in today's early NFL seasons.
It is amazing how some things never change. Do you have any doubt that on Sunday, regardless of the end result, the Bills will have at least one substitution penalty and will unnecessarily lose at least one TO to sideline mismanagement., b

These are the things we've come to take for granted because Bill so persistently pays attention to these details. But that's the difference between Bill and most of the rest of the league's HC's. I'm sure Bill has made his share of game management mistakes over his career, but because it's important to him, it's happened less and less over the years.

I was critical of Bill because I thought he over reacted to Ridley's 4 fumbles (only one of which could be tied to bad technique). So many RB's fumbled the same or more than Ridely without being tagged as serial fumbler. I thought it was a bit unfair. Yet the fact is that NO team fumbles less than the Pats, and there is a reason. Think about it, BJGE never fumbled as a Patriot IIRC, but by his 2nd year in Cinci, he was fumbling 3 or 4 times a year just like a lot of RB's in the league. Clearly ball security had a lower priority in Cinci than in NE.

Danny Wood had 2 fumbles in 3 years with the Pats,(45 games). he had 2 in his first year with the chargers (16) Not to say Woodhead was a fumbler, just that when he left, his fumbles/game got a lot higher. Coincidence?

So maybe I was too judgmental toward Bill. His way was the harsher way, but obviously the more effective. We are SOOOO lucky to have him

Just a fyi...Denver not Indy is the only team that can keep our Pats from SB50...

You watched that game and thought "Wow, Denver is good" ???

They would've been blown out if their coach and offense weren't incompetent as hell and if KC catches just 1 of those 4 Manning INTs they missed.

I'm interested in the coaching fallout from this one. It doesn't really speak well for the team situation when you're having to totally abandon your head coach's offensive philosophy just so you can get yourself in a position to allow your defense to win the game for you. What happens next week? Is it back to Kubiak's stuff or is he permanently overruled by Peyton? And if he is, what's the point of him being the coach?

lot of this comes down to timing/schedule/injuries etc. This yr denver gets us at home on sunday of thanksgiving. Who know how the teams look like at that time. Wont be an easy game.

I'm interested in the coaching fallout from this one. It doesn't really speak well for the team situation when you're having to totally abandon your head coach's offensive philosophy just so you can get yourself in a position to allow your defense to win the game for you. What happens next week? Is it back to Kubiak's stuff or is he permanently overruled by Peyton? And if he is, what's the point of him being the coach?
wont be any fallout unless they lose a couple of games. luckly they get pats and GB both at home.

It is amazing how some things never change. Do you have any doubt that on Sunday, regardless of the end result, the Bills will have at least one substitution penalty and will unnecessarily lose at least one TO to sideline mismanagement., b

Roman/Ryan should be ok with that stuff. Coaching-wise, this is actually a pretty 'tough' matchup for the Patriots.

So maybe I was too judgmental toward Bill. His way was the harsher way, but obviously the more effective. We are SOOOO lucky to have him

Absolutely. He makes plenty of mistakes as a GM but, as a coach, he makes so few mistakes that we are spoiled rotten.

Arguably best coach ever
+
Arguably best QB ever
=
Damn good times...

lot of this comes down to timing/schedule/injuries etc. This yr denver gets us at home on sunday of thanksgiving. Who know how the teams look like at that time. Wont be an easy game.

Well I know mannings arm will be toast.

They will definitely make the play offs. Their schedule looks so easy apart the GB and Pats game. But I can't see Manning winning a game in January. His last 2 games were as good as it going to get arm-wise and bar a few moments of brilliance, he looked done.

Even manning's squirt gun is better than Alex Smith's ability to throw the ball downfield

Roman/Ryan should be ok with that stuff. Coaching-wise, this is actually a pretty 'tough' matchup for the Patriots.

Wasn't Rex the one who called the 2007 TO in Baltimore?

They will definitely make the play offs. Their schedule looks so easy apart the GB and Pats game. But I can't see Manning winning a game in January. His last 2 games were as good as it going to get arm-wise and bar a few moments of brilliance, he looked done.

Yeah, while I can see either the Chargers or Chiefs snagging a WC spot, it's difficult to imagine DEN not winning the West. They'll likely go 4-2 or even 5-1 in that weak ass division.

KC may be a tough out in Arrowhead, but they lack a real offensive attack. Poor Jeremy Maclin and his talents would've been put to much better use in Foxborough ;)

Wouldn't you have had to enjoy the Sunday night game then?

Ross went to bed a few minutes early on Sunday night ;)

On a side note, my wife is a DAL fan and she was ready to get in the car and leave when the Giants had the first and goal late in the game.

On a side note's side note--I actually had the Giants and 7 points, since I thought the spread was way too high. For the record, it isn't easy pretending to root for different scenarios, although I was certainly happy to see Romo pull out the "W" in the end. That's the kind of stuff that will get a man divorced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes